Philosophy - Washing Up Liquid

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Crinklecut

Registered Shopper
Received my TSV today. Does anyone else think Pure Grace smells like Fairy Liquid? I know they kept saying it had a clean smell but please! I have used the body lotion this morning but just had to wash it off. Does the smell get better the more you get used to it? It is very popular by all accounts so should I persevere?

i absolutely love pure Grace, the perfume, shower gel and conditioner all smell gorgeous in my opinion, but i've never thought the body lotion smelt nice for some reason. i know a lot of people think it's horrible but i would say persevere for a while.

I have to agree with you, Crinklecut. Generally, I find the smell of Philosophy products nauseating. But it is just how each individual reacts to smell.

I thought it smelt like fabric conditioner on me, yet on my friend it smells lovely! I prefer Amazing out of the Graces.

I ordered the Pure Grace TSV before last Christmas and I loved the perfume. I found the body butter very watery and didnt use it after that. I 3 in 1 shampoo/shower cream etc was not bad but I found it very thick when using as shampoo and it took a lot of water to get out of the hair, despite that I have short hair and sometimes using lots of water still left me with shampoo. I have also found that the shampoo/shower cream was so thick it was like concrete so I threw away. I would definately use the perfume again but not the other products as a waste of money.

I don't really like Pure Grace, to me it smells like washing powder, I prefer Amazing Grace. :)

Mine arrived today and I love it - I am already a devotee of Amazing and my all-time fave Baby! I was also really take with the Unconditional Love and I had expected to want to pass that one as a present because I found the Falling in Love truly sickly and it is supposed to be similar! I suppose it is a bit similar -what with the blackberry and all, but Unconditional is so much softer and cleaner.

I don't like the smell of any of the Grace range. Don't mind Philosophy's other stuff (though the Root Beer was a bit strange)

I don't like the smell of any of the Grace range. Don't mind Philosophy's other stuff (though the Root Beer was a bit strange)

Have you tried drinking it? That would be the actual soda, not the shower gel!
Root beer is just plain weird - a bit like liquified Deep Heat!

I have loved Philosophy for a long time but I am bored to the back teeth with the graces. Inner reminds me of hospitals, Pure, fabric conditioner and although I like Amazing it is very weak and wears off within minutes on me. I still like Baby but again the smell goes very quickly.

If you don't like it then send it back. Everyone's taste is different, just because a number of people love a certain fragrance or whatever does not mean everyone will.

Fragrance is a very individual thing.

Have you tried drinking it? That would be the actual soda, not the shower gel!
Root beer is just plain weird - a bit like liquified Deep Heat!

I remember trying it when McDonalds sold it - vile stuff. Nearly as bad as Dr Pepper :puke:

Now the Philosophy coffee trio shower gels - they definitely smelt good enough to drink :tongue2:

i used to be totally addicted to pure and amazing grace. amazing being my fav.found that the pure grace body lotion was much richer than amazing..

now i am sick of the graces.
many moons ago avon did some fragrances in the 70's called clean cotton and denim etc. there was 4 all together. the graces remind me of all of them. you can imagine how cheap the avon stuff was.
it was lovely and sold well lol

Thank you all for your replies. I did try the body lotion again and left it on till the evening, the smell did grow on me but I don't know if I will keep it. I suppose this is where the money back guarantee may come in handy.

not keen on pure yep its washing powder!love amazing grace, falling in love my fav, now tried unconditional and love that too i cant really tell the difference i think its slightly more citrus smelling but it definalty lasts longer

I ordered the Pure Grace TSV before last Christmas and I loved the perfume. I found the body butter very watery and didnt use it after that. I 3 in 1 shampoo/shower cream etc was not bad but I found it very thick when using as shampoo and it took a lot of water to get out of the hair, despite that I have short hair and sometimes using lots of water still left me with shampoo. I have also found that the shampoo/shower cream was so thick it was like concrete so I threw away. I would definately use the perfume again but not the other products as a waste of money.

The Pure Grace in the tsv last christmas, and this, is not a 3 - in - 1, just a dedicated shower cream. I knew this, yet still used it on my hair, and I had to wash my hair again, using my usual shampoo.

I like PG, but I can understand why some people may think the smell is akin to washing up products.

The Pure Grace in the tsv last christmas, and this, is not a 3 - in - 1, just a dedicated shower cream. I knew this, yet still used it on my hair, and I had to wash my hair again, using my usual shampoo.

I like PG, but I can understand why some people may think the smell is akin to washing up products.

It is the 3 in 1 version.

Latest posts

Back