"It Works" Cleaning Blocks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My mum bought some of these and they must be one of the worst things we have got off of QVC. They fall to bits with slightest use and to try to clean anything you have to exert extreme pressure but with only minimal effect. We both have bad shoulders and the pain they caused us by having to use such pressure was abnormal. I find that my microfibre cloths are so much easier and more reliable - super results with minimal exertion and they last for ages. Please don't waste your money on this rubbish!!!!

There was a thread about these some time ago. I love 'em. Yes, they do disintegrate but I found they worked really well to remove marks and scuffs off most surfaces.

I even bought more. Aldi do a similar pack with 4 in, I think, for about a pound.

I think they don't recommend that you use them on metallic surfaces ie cars. I don't recall they took any paint off walls, doors etc.

I buy these regularly and think they are fantastic. I even removed spray paint graffiti off one of our vans with one! I love the fact you don't need any chemicals,they can take paint off if you rub too hard so you have to patch test,but I clean my stairs handrail and finger areas on doors easily with them. I find the ones I have bought from aldi/poundshop are not as good-disintegrate more quickly.

I love mine too. My nearl two year old has just started expressing herself with crayons and pen on the walls, and It Works were great in getting riod of the marks! They are quite big so I tend to cut them down (with a knife) and they go further. Some of the demos show them cleaning the bottom oif badly burnt pans etc..I don't know how good they would be for that purpose, but they are great for scuffs and marks on walls and laminates.

There was a thread about these some time ago. I love 'em. Yes, they do disintegrate but I found they worked really well to remove marks and scuffs off most surfaces.

I even bought more. Aldi do a similar pack with 4 in, I think, for about a pound.

I think they don't recommend that you use them on metallic surfaces ie cars. I don't recall they took any paint off walls, doors etc.

Well not the painted bodywork of a car but hey work brilliantly on alloy wheels. Actually they are good for some metals surfaces and work quite well on printed circuit boards. Oddly enough they are quite good in cleaning up the insides of a computer where a vacuum cleaner can't get to. Wouldn't use them on lcd screens though.

I find the cleaning blocks work quite well, but not as good as the qvc promo would have us believe. I use mine for washing the tea stained mugs and cleaning down the kitchen. They do last a long time as you can cut them down.

I am on my second pack. They do crumble, they are disposable, you are only supposed to get one or two uses out of them. They are great on my old laminate worktops and old stainless steel sink. My greatest success with them was getting dried white gloss paint smears off DH's brand new brown leather shoes, you really couldn't see that there had ever been anything on there. Good used gently on chrome taps too. I find that they can take a little paint off the wall together with the dirty marks but used carefully they are fine.

The other thing that I have found with using them on paintwork is that there is then a clean patch which shows up the rest lol

I think they're brilliant, use them all the time. They are disposable and are meant to crumble. They're also great for cleaning the glass on the inside of my oven door and that's a tough job.

I agree, cut them in two. Brilliant on tea stained stainless steel (well maybe not stained - LOL) sinks. Cleaning without chemicals.

I LOVE them too great for cleaning the oven door and we use them on our logburning stove fire to remove the black marks from the door.

They are meant to be disposable, as said previously in the thread.

yes you do have to exert a bit of pressure but I use them no problems and I have problems with the discs in my neck.

Graham had posted a thread previously with a fabulous price on these elsewhere but sadly I cant remember the details

Another endorsement here. Very user friendly as no abrasive or smelly chemicals involved. :pPC:

brilliant on all greasy parts of the cooker,skirting boards,plastic sockets,stainless steel,pvc double glazed window frames,trainers,bathrooms,tiles but not grout.
try them anywhere patch test firts but they are excellent on most hard surfaces.
oh and white laminate stained kitchen units inside and out...

I LOVE them too great for cleaning the oven door and we use them on our logburning stove fire to remove the black marks from the door.

They are meant to be disposable, as said previously in the thread.

yes you do have to exert a bit of pressure but I use them no problems and I have problems with the discs in my neck.

Graham had posted a thread previously with a fabulous price on these elsewhere but sadly I cant remember the details

earlier this year. Pitchtv were selling the boxes of It works for about £1.99 and I stocked up with them.

They are one of the best purchases that I ever bought from QVC in that they do what they said they would.

I have just bought some of these so it is good to see all the feedback.
I will chop them up into little bits and see how we go.

I caught a demo of these the other day, then I noticed they had a smaller pack on offer
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.825911

Has anyone on here used these? I'm particularly interested to know how well they work on the 'fingermarks on walls' as well as skirting. Do they take some of the emulsion paint off too or affect the colour in any way?

Thanks in advance for your help.

SW in answer to your question.....as we need the bathroom doing out.[ 3 times had to cancel the suite due to ~###~ builders ]...anyway ive been & scrubbed at the old emulsion paint on the walls & apart from theres the USUAL small amount of 'debris' [ dont know what else to call it as they rub off a small amount of themselves doing the job in hand ]...so no it doesnt remove the paint & it did effect the colour BUT & BIG BUT....the walls are dirty from having new windows etc work done & weve not cleaned up properly as we were expecting to be have bubbles like the meerkat advert.
we LOVE these....we get them from the outlet shop when they are on offer...currently not....& we stock up.......JML or whoever do the same thing as a big brick form that you just hack a lump off.........if your looking for another great cleaner try 826755....this is THE only cleaner/liquid form that we now use...so a bunch of "it works" or similar.....some optixs ...bleach for those sort of jobs ......i cant recommend the optixs enough....happy cleaning & dont be put off with the stuff coming off from the bricks.....its 0nly like brillos etc getting smaller & smaller........& dont tell the family else you#ll be forever giving 'samples' away/..........hope that helps.....

I'm another big fan; as is my neighbour who takes them home to Malaysia for all her aunties

I've also done white trainers pretty successfully, a friend did her wee girls' white leather sandals

I've used them when making plum chutney on my hands, 15lbs of plums leave you with very strange coloured fingers

Latest posts

Back