New gem shopper now disillusioned

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

...here's another attempt at posting a pic of my football-esque Kunzite....

Attachments

• 42.90ct VVS1 Oval Cut Pink Kunzite.jpg
    42.90ct VVS1 Oval Cut Pink Kunzite.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 196
Welcome from me too. Love your kunzites...I am still waiting to get one, but I suspect it will be from TJC rather than R&C. I am also soooo glad I came here. I am a much more savvy buyer now, thank goodness!!

MM

I got a rainbow moonstone ring back at the start of the year from R&C and the schiller is stunning, along with a flawlessly clear stone. Very lovely.

Hello Genuineshopper and welcome! Hello everyone else too - waves frantically - every time I tried to get on the forum over the past three weeks it was either under reconstruction, or not there at all. I nearly gave up. I'm so glad it's back at last! (Thank you Graham). So here's a quick rant to get me back into the spirit of things...

I watch Rocks occasionally, GS, but haven't bought anything because their settings look so mean and skimpy, and the hype drives me nuts!

I saw some of the boulder-sized Tanzanites over the last couple of days and they were asking what seemed ludicrous prices for them. Two things struck me. One, it's possible for tanzanite to be too DARK, as well as too light, to be considered really desirable AAA quality. These stones, although nice enough, were VERY dark indeed. Couldn't help feeling we were being misled about quality again (surely not!)... Secondly, the settings were horrible. If I was going to pay £9,999 for a pendant I would expect it to have a proper, chunky, attractive setting - to look as if it was actually WORTH nearly 10K! - and not appear as if it had just been plonked on a gold wire cage decorated with some diamond dust. I also don't want to see a huge rock suspended from a tiny little link that looks as if it might break under the weight! If TJC can provide decent gold weights for reasonable prices, why can't Rocks?

Lovely kunzites, by the way. I like your taste in gems!

Hi Genuineshopper! welcome from me too..thanks for your great posts and fab photos. its really interesting to see what floats other peoples boats! Are you interested in yellow kunzite? Rocks TV are selling a collection at the moment and so far I have a ring and a pendant and am eagerly awaiting the earrings. The stone is a delicate colour but with an amazing amount of sparkle and a glow which I can't describe but I am really happy with these pieces.
I hope you have fun on the forum and find lots of interesting posts and links to add to your obvious love of gemstones!
Love Briolette

Latest posts

Back