Excellent prices on tanzanite

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MissMagpie

If it sparkles - grab it
Wow, the tanzanite prices really HAVE dropped, haven't they?! Just saw a pendant with a really beautiful trilliant cut stone, about 2.5 ct and a very vivid colour, go for £749.

Does this reflect a drop in tanzanite prices generally, or is it just Rocks & Co cutting their prices to boost sales?

...yes I know. I bet those people who bought non AAA and AAA in Sept/Oct are feeling a bit sick.

If Meeshoo will forgive me, here's his/her take on it from a earlier thread:

"I believe that R&C have been "forced" to lower their Tanzanite prices to more normal prices because (a) they obviously weren't selling at over-inflated prices and (b) I wonder if they've been challenged on their ridiculous claims of buying Tanzanite in for £1,000 per carat? Whatever the reason, £300 per carat is what's typical/normal and anything above is just pure greed! If customers were doing their homework (or reading this forum) then I reckon most of their over-priced stuff has been sent back and TJC gained more business."

Tony keeps saying "this is a special parcel of tanzanite I've been able to get and don't expect this to last etc etc". Have you noticed how the ring styles and sometimes the carat weights (10ct and 14ct) have changed dramatically? These really large fancy settings and the carat weights look like those you see on the US shopping channels - ShopNBC? Maybe Tony's "special parcel" was the result of some late night satellite shopping from his hotel room. Tee hee.

I'm still waiting for my refunds by the way. (Foot tapping.) Luckily my credit card bill came through and R&C were so tardy charging it I won't have to fork out before Xmas and before the refund comes through (hopefully...)

I like it in here! Having gone from lurking undercover I now can't stop nattering. Sorry.

Nobody in their right mind would have paid the prices they were charging for their Tanzanite set in paper thin gold, they were extortionate! They still can't compete with TJC imo.

Have a guess.........

To do a comparison between the above mentioned two companies, I quite recently ordered
a Tanzanite ring (in 18k gold) from both of them....intending to keep only one.

One had a good gold weight and the other didn't, one had very good colour stones and the other was a
bit windowed. One had 50% more gemstone carat weight and finally one cost £100 more than the other.

Which did I return and to whom? :rolleyes:

To do a comparison between the above mentioned two companies, I quite recently ordered

One had a good gold weight and the other didn't, one had very good colour stones and the other was a
bit windowed. One had 50% more gemstone carat weight and finally one cost £100 more than the other.

Was that before or after the Rocks & Co tanzanite prices dropped, Sacha? Until recently they were way over the top, to be sure, but they seem very reasonable now. I may be wrong, but I'm not sure you'd get an over 2ct AAA tanzy from TJC for £750...

But, like everyone else on here, I do wish like heck that Rocks & Co would do something about their gold weights. The skimpy amounts of gold don't do justice to their lovely designs.

Hi all

Sorry to be cynical, Rocks tv will be going live soon! R&C either reduce their prices or go out of business!

Sapphireblue

Was that before or after the Rocks & Co tanzanite prices dropped, Sacha? Until recently they were way over the top, to be sure, but they seem very reasonable now. I may be wrong, but I'm not sure you'd get an over 2ct AAA tanzy from TJC for £750...

But, like everyone else on here, I do wish like heck that Rocks & Co would do something about their gold weights. The skimpy amounts of gold don't do justice to their lovely designs.
Apologies Miss M, got caught up with getting dinner ready and phonecalls! This was a few weeks ago, I haven't been watching R&C recently, but I'm glad to hear their Tanzy prices are more reasonable.

No need to apologise, Sacha! Let's just hope that prices STAY down, and don't start creeping up again...

You returned a flimsy gold, windowed and more expensive ring back to R&C ?

No need to apologise, Sacha! Let's just hope that prices STAY down, and don't start creeping up again...

Quite so Miss M, but will the forum be quite as entertaining / interesting if we have nothing
to complain about! mysmilie_1436

You returned a flimsy gold, windowed and more expensive ring back to R&C ?
Spot on Cherub, 100% right.
clapping.gif

Their prices are now more in line with the market (although you could argue they are still high because of the flimsy goldweight)! This is hardly something to celebrate. How about those poor people who don't know anything about jewellery buying and have bought at the extortionate prices? They've been ripping people off for a year, overcharging and hyping beyond all reason. They've HAD to reduce their prices because they're uncompetitive and obviously haven't been selling.

Sorry but I don't see them as doing something "normal" for a change should herald a celebration!

Also (1) their Tanzanite is NOT as good as TJC (2) their Tanzanite can be too dark -way too dark. I've seen a ton of their rings just recently where the presenter puts it on her finger and the gem goes black. Yuck. (3) even now they are charging more for less goldweight and less carat weight.

Yes you can Miss Magpie. I see them regularly with double the gold weight of the normal R & C rings and usually windowless!

...OK so the last laugh's on me then because I bought a pink sapphire and diamond white gold ring from u no hoo - before their CS's rudely ripped the rose tinted spectacles off my eyes recently - and the gold weight was an almighty 1.05g.

The band is so thin I can pick my teeth with it.

But, sadly, I love it. See item code 877052.

Never said I had taste.

Sorry but I don't see them as doing something "normal" for a change should herald a celebration!

Also (1) their Tanzanite is NOT as good as TJC (2) their Tanzanite can be too dark -way too dark. I've seen a ton of their rings just recently where the presenter puts it on her finger and the gem goes black. Yuck. (3) even now they are charging more for less goldweight and less carat weight.

Well said, Meeshoo. I posted on another thread about their Tanzanite being too dark - glad it's not just my imagination! They seem to think their viewers are too dim to realise that dark tanzy doesn't necessarily equal good tanzy! :cool:

Latest posts

Back