News Flash Julia's Hair

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bags

Registered Shopper
She has just said she's having it cut to just above shoulder length in the New Year but unsure on the style as yet.

:)

Ps wonder if this will be like the same promise made some months ago from Michele Hope who said she was going for a bob. ;)

She has just said she's having it cut to just above shoulder length in the New Year but unsure on the style as yet.

Ps wonder if this will be like the same promise made some months ago from Michele Hope who said she was going for a bob. ;)

JR's already looks shorter that it did. I noticed during the Butler and Wilson hour the other night. I don't care for it longer but it looks a nice length now. IMHO when a woman gets to a certain age long hair look a bit ageing though I can understand that it is difficult to let go. At least JR's is nice and glossy unlike MH's which looks like it should be baled up and fed to a donkey.

I think it'll look lovely shorter, she's lucky she really does have beautiful shiny hair.

Good for Julia - though her hair looks amazing this afternoon, so sleek and shiny.

Michele Hope - going for a bob? I hope she means a bob haircut...and not 5p (please insert your own joke here):D

I havent seen MH for a while but always thought she had nice hair. I think going too short can be ageing.

I havent seen MH for a while but always thought she had nice hair. I think going too short can be ageing.

It can, can't it? An elderly (in her 80s) lady (sadly now passed away) who used to live across the road had the most gorgeous blond-grey hair right down to her waist. Then, all of a sudden, she had it all cut off to a jaw-length bob and she suddenly really looked her age!
If your hair is in good condition I think you can get away with it, if not then shorter is probably better.

I quite agree with a few comments, really pleased if Julia cuts her hair as I don't think it suits her too long (I remember it was Alison Young who said she preferred it so that why she went long a while ago). It doesn't look good, long hair when you get older but on the other hand in some cases it can age you about 10 years to go short.

I quite agree with a few comments, really pleased if Julia cuts her hair as I don't think it suits her too long (I remember it was Alison Young who said she preferred it so that why she went long a while ago). It doesn't look good, long hair when you get older but on the other hand in some cases it can age you about 10 years to go short.

It depends on the individual and on how much they rely on their hair to be attractive!! AY's hair looks much better a bit shorter too whilst Claire and Kathy's look nice a bit longer. I think.

How sad is it to start a thread about Julia Robert's hair?! Who cares how she has it styled? That's up to her. I'm sure no-one particularly cares how I wear my hair, and I wouldn't expect them to.:confused:

How sad is it to start a thread about Julia Robert's hair?! Who cares how she has it styled? That's up to her. I'm sure no-one particularly cares how I wear my hair, and I wouldn't expect them to.:confused:

I don't think it's sad to have a thread about Julia's hair as I love a bit of idle gossip.:D However I was a bit surprised that she had "announced" she was going to get it cut, as that makes me think she has a rather inflated view of her own importance.

But you're not on TV - or are you??

I'm sorry you find me and my thread sad, but then you wouldn't know it was sad if you hadn't read it.
Perhaps in future if you find the title sad then perhaps it would be best not to read it.

Actually, in my experience, lots of women comment on each other's hair - complimenting, offering advice, laughing about hair disasters etc. I know I do and so do my friends and colleagues. It's our "crowning glory" after all ! And if JR actually drew attention to it herself, she wouldn't be surprised if it started a thread or 2 :)

I think that as Julia mentioned her hair on tele then its up for debate and if a few of us saddo's want to discuss it then why not? It's not as if it's a taboo subject is it?

Julia did ask for opinions: (click the video link)

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.696598

I'd rather be "sad" than lots of other even less attractive personality traits.

Being "sad" never hurt anybody's feelings.

I think Julia could have her hair straightened, and then cut into a bob that just grazes her shoulders. It would be a couple of inches shorter and wider when she wears it curly, but both would be very elegant and show off her face and neck.

Julia did ask for opinions: (click the video link)

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.696598

I'd rather be "sad" than lots of other even less attractive personality traits.

Being "sad" never hurt anybody's feelings.

I think Julia could have her hair straightened, and then cut into a bob that just grazes her shoulders. It would be a couple of inches shorter and wider when she wears it curly, but both would be very elegant and show off her face and neck.

No matter what she does she will still be 54 next year.:cool:

If julia brought it up then i think it's fair for us to discuss it. She never tires of talking about herself and her age, so i don't think it's sad for us to comment on it.

Latest posts

Back