News Flash Julia's Hair

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No matter what she does she will still be 54 next year.:cool:

And looking bliddy good on it, isn't she?! :D I know I won't be in such good shape when I get there. :eek:

I wonder if Julia's thinking about cutting her hair because she wants to be more up to date, or to make it easier to look after - or if she thinks she "should" because she's reached some arbitrary age where she can't have long hair any more?

I don't believe in that myself - I think it depends on the individual person concerned.

Not wishing to appear sad again, perhaps Julia just fancys a change for the new year.
Her hair seems in very good condition so I'm sure she's confident should she not like it she can grow it again.

:)

Hope I look as good as her at 53... she looks amazing ... I think her hair is hit and miss, some days it looks glossy and fab, other days a little scraggy, saying that my hair looks the latter most days lol ...

How should Julia look?
23 .... blonde and with a sexy body?

Good for Julia, for not being the stereotypical female, that the mass media often portray and tell us females that we have to emulate! ..... :D

Last edited:
I'm in my 60's and look about 80 with short hair! I have it just touching my shoulders and wear it up,sometimes, too. It is such an individual thing. My best friend, same age, had hers cut from long to a gamine, Mia Farrow style a couple of years ago and it took years off her.
There are so many factors, face shape, neck length, forehead width, shape of eyes that can influence how you look so I would never make pronouncements about how one should wear one's hair, according to age.
As Julia herself has made a point of discussing her hair, I certainly feel that we are at liberty to discuss it too......

Oh dear, maybe I'm a bit sad, but I love talking about hair, make-up and looking good - possibly part of the reason I have a QVC addiction.

I watched the clip - and I think Julia looks great. I agree, her hair can be a bit hit and miss at times, but her hair texture is similar to mine. Looks a bit frizzy and wild when first washed, but settles down by the end of the day, and can look quite glossy at times.

I used to have a really hard time with my hair when it was waist length, as it is also incredibly thick.

Now that it is a couple of inches below shoulder length, it is much easier to manage.

I'm sure Julia will look great, no matter what style she goes for.

I think Julia's hair looks great, esp when she lets it go curly and as someone who has slow growing hair, if I ever got it to the long length she has I wouldn't go within a hundred yards of a pair of scissors LOL.

More than the cut though, I think colour is very important. If any of you are Daily Mail readers, think of columnist Liz Jones and her very dark almost black hair :eek: I think IMHO that when you get to a certain age and are very pale skinned, it's better to have a warmer colour as it is less severe. Julia's hair is dark but a nice shade which doesn't look 'goth' :)

Julia is a very good looking woman. I hate all this stuff about "good for her age" once women get past about 35, someone once told me that I was "still quite attractive" !!!! recently. I'd rather they'd said I looked rough. I have noticed some vicious stuff being written about Kate Moss of late and she is 35 and there were some terrible comments made about Danielle Westbrook in the press when she came back to E E. Wafflling a bit here, but I am so tired as ageing in women being viewed almost as a crime or at least anti social behaviour. Hey inmagine being asbo'd and having to stay in your house till you'd had botox as you'd offended against the youth police !

Latest posts

Back