Is this right?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

C

Capirossi

Guest Shopper
I ordered the LG TSV, and then on a later show fancied the blush that was a Christmas Surprise, so ordered that too. A couple of hours later I had an email saying there was a problem with my payment, so I rang and they said my card had been declined. I tried calling the CC co but they were closed, so I called QVC back and said I would call the CC co again in the morning at 8am and call QVC back. When I spoke to CC they had put a block on my account as I had 'a lot of transactions in one day'.....duh, it's Christmas!! Anyway, removed blocks and I called QVC back and gave payment details again. I have logged into my account and the order says 'awaiting stock'!!!!!! I am not a happy bunny. Sometimes I place an order and select 'cheque' so it gives me time to re-think about it, to make sure I really want it before changing it to my card details! This way my order is secured. But this doesn't seem to have happened in this case and looks like I missed out on the deal :( Before I go ranting at Liverpool - does this sound right to you?!

I suppose QVC can't really be blamed as they aren't to know if the card was a legitimate one or a stolen one - all they get is a message from the bank to say the card has been declined. So to them, no payment = no order and they will give it to the next person.

i have had a similar thing happen with Lloyds bank - although I was in proper shops not the world of telly :D and the card came up to call the bank, which I did at the shop and they authorised the payment once they knew it was me. Pity QVC couldn't have called you back :( I suppose the only way around this is to make sure you don't use Q cut.

What annoys me though is Banks are swift off the mark on this, protecting their own interests, but if you so much as go over your overdraft limit by a smidgen, they don't exactly call you to let you know...they send you a £40 bill instead!!

Hello there,

Sorry you have had problems. The bank or card issuer is protecting your interests as well as their own. The blocks are generated at random by a computer, not by a person. It is frustrating when this happens, especially at this time of year, when naturally there are more transactions than usual going through the account / card. However, people would be a whole lot more annoyed if a fraudster was making transaction after transaction completely un-checked!

I sympathize with you losing the item though. QVC should have held the item for you at least for 24 hours, to give you a chance to sort out the issue or use a different payment method. I hope you manage to get your order in time for when you need it.

Hope this helps!

Inge :)

Hi both. Yes, it's very annoying! I can appreciate where the card company is coming from, and also if QVC thought there was no payment coming. But you think they would have held the order, especially as I have never had a payment issue with them before...grr! I may call them anyway, just keep it calm rather than have a rant!

I enjoy a good rant - LOL !!

Yes, they should have held it for you. They do when you pay by cheque and the stock is allocated for you, so a bit of an issue with their ordering system.

Good luck!

Inge x

Hi both. Yes, it's very annoying! I can appreciate where the card company is coming from, and also if QVC thought there was no payment coming. But you think they would have held the order, especially as I have never had a payment issue with them before...grr! I may call them anyway, just keep it calm rather than have a rant!

well but they didn't know it was you...

Its not QVC's fault but twice now we have had a credit card hacked and both times, the "test purchase" was from QVC, most recently on saturday, I for one am very grateful for the vigilance of my CC company even though its dead inconvenient as this time of year.

i had my card cloned a few years ago and it wasn't until i went to pay in the supermarket when my card was declined that i knew anything about it. They stopped the card for the same reason as you Capirossi and bless their hearts ,the b******s who had the cloned card had been on a shopping spree and cleared the account in a day.
Although it's a pain it really is done to protect you and it's definitely better to be safe than sorry.

my hubby recently had his barclaycard stopped and only found out when he went to buy something online and when he rung them up they queried his last few transactions we found out that his card had been compromised (someone tried to top up a vodafone mobile,we are all tesco mobile) so had to be sent a new card!!!! so thank god someone was on their toes before a big transaction had taken place...... the only place we think the card could have been cloned was in a tesco store where the chip & pin wasn't working and he had to sign instead....

OMG - how scary is it out there? And there was me just annoyed because I lost out on my LG blush!! I am thankful now, in hindsight, poor people that this has happened to.

I think the main point here is the stance QVC took-the stories are frightening in respect of card fraud, and the banks are right to be cautious. But if you buy regularly from QVC they should definitely have held the item and tried to contact you to rearrange payment! I think they have been far too quick off the mark in giving away your order to someone else-I would rant!

Latest posts

Back