Kim Jong?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
I'm pretty sure that's the leader of North Korea, but I can't remember the name of the "fashion" range that was on yesterday. Was that a late April Fool's joke or something? I cannot believe how much they were charging for what looked like crumpled up lengths of sack cloth. I could pick something up that's been mouldering on my son's bedroom floor and it would have looked better! Yuck. It wasn't helped by blase comments about how the presenter goes to New York to shop and spends £100 on similar things. No doubt all these globe trotting shopping sprees are ultimately at our expense.

I can't help but think of Danny Kaye singing "The King is in his altogether...." Can these designers really not see how awful this stuff looks? Why are people blinkered enough to buy it?

Earth calling QVC! Return to the real world please!

I'm pretty sure that's the leader of North Korea, but I can't remember the name of the "fashion" range that was on yesterday.

No, that's Kim Jong-il, fashion designer was Yong Kim, slightly unfortunate name though.....! lol

*sings*
" You are worthress Arec Barrwin......." :D :D

There is no way on this earth I could carry off that crinkled look but I did think some of the pieces were nice and if they hadnt been so expensive, I may even have given them a go.

Bet :)

They were beautifully cut compared to the usual shapeless sacks QVC expect the public to enthuse about. As ever each to their own :)

No, that's Kim Jong-il, fashion designer was Yong Kim, slightly unfortunate name though.....! lol

*sings*
" You are worthress Arec Barrwin......." :D :D

My fave from the movie.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xh_9QhRzJEs&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xh_9QhRzJEs&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I wasn't impressed with the bit of the show I saw.
I know Pipa had been mentioning the range and wearing items leading up to the show.
When I heard her say the skirt/dress oto was hand wash. :eek:
I really wondered what I'd do with all that socking wet material stuck in the kitchen sink.

:)

I was really taken with the "coat" with the 3/4 flared sleeves - shame it was really a cardigan and over £100!
Still, I thought the range looked very stylish for those with the cash and the figure to carry it off.

That counts me out then

:)

I am soooooo tired of hearing I'm a size 6/8/and am swamped by size 10 being chanted at me by the presenters lucky enough to be so slim. Pipa, CH and AK never flipping stop and depresses the hell out of me and I'm about a 10.

I am soooooo tired of hearing I'm a size 6/8/and am swamped by size 10 being chanted at me by the presenters lucky enough to be so slim. Pipa, CH and AK never flipping stop and depresses the hell out of me and I'm about a 10.[/QUOTE]

:eek: How do you think I feel :p

It should get a mention but they seem to be yelling it us over and over again in a don'tcha wish smug sort of way. Yeah I'd love to be really slim but there are actually more important things in my life.I'm not jealous just weary of it.
And as for you Mrs Bags the weight seems to be melting off you and if you're not already there you are well on your way to looking picture perfect :)

Thank you snoopy but notice I didn't ask out of what total:D

It should get a mention but they seem to be yelling it us over and over again in a don'tcha wish smug sort of way. Yeah I'd love to be really slim but there are actually more important things in my life.I'm not jealous just weary of it.
And as for you Mrs Bags the weight seems to be melting off you and if you're not already there you are well on your way to looking picture perfect :)

Thank you snoopy but notice I didn't ask out of what total:D

Thanks for that it's really appreciated but I've a long way to go would be lovely if one day size 10 but more important fit and healthy will do.

I am soooooo tired of hearing I'm a size 6/8/and am swamped by size 10 being chanted at me by the presenters lucky enough to be so slim. Pipa, CH and AK never flipping stop and depresses the hell out of me and I'm about a 10.

Maybe it's my tv but Catherine lloks like a healhy size 12 to me. She is by no means skinny; she is a well proportioned female shape. People criticise Julia R for saying she is a size small so why should Pipa and Alison K try to make out that they are mediums instead of petites. TV can be fool the eye so, as far as I am concerned, it helps if they say what size they are wearing in the garments they sell.

Maybe it's my tv but Catherine lloks like a healhy size 12 to me. She is by no means skinny; she is a well proportioned female shape. People criticise Julia R for saying she is a size small so why should Pipa and Alison K try to make out that they are mediums instead of petites. TV can be fool the eye so, as far as I am concerned, it helps if they say what size they are wearing in the garments they sell.

I did not ever say anyone should lie about their size or make themselves out to be bigger than they are:mad: I just would have liked it not to be repeated so often and so screechily hence one show got muted and the other was switched off to get away from it. So ya boo no sales for you QVC :D

I did not ever say anyone should lie about their size or make themselves out to be bigger than they are:mad: I just would have liked it not to be repeated so often and so screechily hence one show got muted and the other was switched off to get away from it. So ya boo no sales for you QVC :D

Point taken! Just watch, it'll start to irritate me too now and I never noticed before.

Have to say perhaps I implied once or twice that I was slighter boobier than I was when I was younger but I can't help it if people mistake fine corsetry for nature's gift. :D :D :D
There is just so much pressure applied by the media and retail industries about so many things, well done to peeps who can completely ignore it and just be themselves.
Wish I had a cheerleader smilie for them.

totally agree and like you i'm also a 10, i was getting sick of pippa saying i'm so small i'm in a XS and this fell off me because i'm so small. I actually think she looks like she needs a bloomin good meal. At least joy wasn't on and we didn't have to hear about her being a XL. IMO She is perfectly proportioned and always looks fab
Loved the clothes but not at those prices

Latest posts

Back