Christmas Spirit or Stacey's Clanger!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Klosblue

Costs nothing to be nice!
Well now, have I just witnessed Rocks & Co selling a Padparadscha Sapphire ring at a very low price or has Stacey made a massive clanger?!!

This is the ring which Stacey said was a "natural Padparadscha Sapphire" yet it sold at only £149!!
http://www.rocksandco.com/index.php?task=jewelleryItemDisplay&action=display&sku=348 448

Now I know it looks like a windowed Pink Sapphire and has very little resemblance to what I would expect from a Natural Padparadscha and it has a flimsy 1.23g of gold, but if this IS a REAL, NATURAL, Padparadscha Sapphire then £149 is cheap for a 0.67 carat is it not?

I really hope that one of the 4 or so people who bought this take it along to Safeguard as I would be very interested to know how "natural" it really is.

Attachments

• Padparadscha R & C.jpg
    Padparadscha R & C.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 317
Klos, Rocks & Co have recently been selling some padparadscha sapphires which they clearly stated were natural and NOT Be diffused (unlike the "padparadscha colour" sapphires). There has been some debate about whether the colour really qualifies it as a padparadscha - it looks too pink (although I've noticed that a lof their gemstones do look pinker on air than IRL) - but I'd be pretty sure it is a natural colour.

Thanks for replying Miss Magpie.

Personally, if I was buying a Padparadscha I would expect a very different colour and a much higher price which leads me to believe these are "Diniz" Padparadschas and not what the experts would regard to be the correct colour to qualify as such!

This link shows what I would expect the colour to be:-
http://www.collectorfinejewelry.com/buyers_guide_padparadscha.htm

Absolutely NO WAY on God's earth is that a Padparadscha. Not because of it's colour but because the price they've sold this for. Seriously, Pads are the most expensive of Sapphires (if they're graded as a Pad). An untreated Pad costs serious amounts of money.

Sorry but this just says it all. People, please do your research and visit reputable sites that sell Pads. Make up your own minds.

And this is a natural, untreated, unheated Pad that I just bought. It looks more pink in this photo because it has strong fluorescence (as you can see from the second photo).

Attachments

• IMG_5478.jpg
    IMG_5478.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 290
  • Sapphire Pad Fluor_1_1.JPG
    Sapphire Pad Fluor_1_1.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 298
Tjc aired a natural Pad sapphire Iliana ring a few months ago i can't remember the exact carat weight but it was around 1.5cts set with diamonds in 18ct white gold and it was up in 4 figures around £1499!

And this is a natural, untreated, unheated Pad that I just bought. It looks more pink in this photo because it has strong fluorescence (as you can see from the second photo).

Thanks Meeshoo, that's exactly the colour I'd expect. What are you going to do with it?

GC - even that's cheap but much more in line with what you'd expect. Wish I'd seen that! Was it certified do you know?

Klos - no idea! It's fourth in line in terms of projects at the mo. The other 3 are almost sorted so I'm going to start looking at this one soon!

GC - even that's cheap but much more in line with what you'd expect. Wish I'd seen that! Was it certified do you know?

Klos - no idea! It's fourth in line in terms of projects at the mo. The other 3 are almost sorted so I'm going to start looking at this one soon!

No it wasn't certified, but it said natural in the graphics and they made quite a big deal of it, if i'm honest it looked the correct colour but a little dull!

No it wasn't certified, but it said natural in the graphics and they made quite a big deal of it, if i'm honest it looked the correct colour but a little dull!

Funny you should say that but they can look a bit skin tone if you know what I mean! If you're pale they probably look better than if you have a bit of colour. I've got several and it's only the one pictured above that I actually like but I think that's because it has so many personalities!

what's the difference bwtween parapadasha (I know I've spelled that wrong) and parapa. coloured? am a bit gem thick unless it's tanzanite!

n xxx

This is very pretty, and looks more like the classic pad. colour...

Attachments

• Pad sapphire ring.jpg
    Pad sapphire ring.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 218

Latest posts

Back