Does Elemis Contain Mineral Oil?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This is all i could find for you;

Ingredient integrity

Every ingredient Elemis uses in its formulations must have medical grade actives of real therapeutic activity. Elemis is seen as the most innovative leader in advanced phyto-therapy and aroma-therapeutic spa and skincare formulations. In many products on the market, the synthetic base of a formulation will simply be used because it feels pleasant on the skin with no therapeutic benefit. The base makes up a large proportion of the product, so Elemis insists that it too must have a positive natural impact on the skin, either to nourish, protect or to help other ingredients penetrate deep down.

All ingredients are derived where possible from organic extracts, revolutionary Absolutes, first extraction pure Essential Oils, natural emulsifiers, skin softening emollients, medicinal herbs and clinically proven collagen boosting Seaweed extracts, transferring the purest form of living energy to your skin.

This is all i could find for you;

Ingredient integrity

Every ingredient Elemis uses in its formulations must have medical grade actives of real therapeutic activity. Elemis is seen as the most innovative leader in advanced phyto-therapy and aroma-therapeutic spa and skincare formulations. In many products on the market, the synthetic base of a formulation will simply be used because it feels pleasant on the skin with no therapeutic benefit. The base makes up a large proportion of the product, so Elemis insists that it too must have a positive natural impact on the skin, either to nourish, protect or to help other ingredients penetrate deep down.

All ingredients are derived where possible from organic extracts, revolutionary Absolutes, first extraction pure Essential Oils, natural emulsifiers, skin softening emollients, medicinal herbs and clinically proven collagen boosting Seaweed extracts, transferring the purest form of living energy to your skin.

Unfortunately all this doesn't mean that they don't. Mineral Oil is a recognised treatment for eczema - it just depends what irritates your own skin. I've found I have to check every product to avoid mineral oil. For instance L'Occitane shea butter hand cream doesn't have mineral oil but the lotions do so I expect Elemis will be the same. Now I am avoiding it and SLS my skin is much better.

Are you wanting to check a particular product ?- maybe 1 of us could check a particular product for you.

Hi Tuxedokitty,

Thank you.

Just generally - really - but especially the face products. Mineral oil just sits on my skin and I have noticed that in body products it seems to make me itch I used to buy quite a lot of Gatineau - using stock pile on OH who is developing a French accent!- but they use mineral oil in that.

I fancied trying the TSV because I use Liz Earle and I am pleased with that but thought that Elemis as a more expensive treat would be good. I have chanced it and bought the TSV - I'll send it back if I react to it.

Out of interest, I wonder if CS have lists of ingredients that they can advise customers on if they ask about a product. It's fine saying they give a 30 day MPG but you still waste the p and p both ways if there is something in it you know you won't take to.

:)

have you tried a'kin ?

that is chemical free and mostly organic. it has no mineral oil or sulphates or petrochemicals. i love all the skincare and the shampoo is great for my really sensitive scalp.

have you tried a'kin ?

that is chemical free and mostly organic. it has no mineral oil or sulphates or petrochemicals. i love all the skincare and the shampoo is great for my really sensitive scalp.

Hi Molly,

Thanks for reminding me!

My daughter has used it and I tried some of the creamy cleanser - I thought it was good and I had forgotten about this range. What do you think of the moisturisers? I am 50 - dryish sensitive skin - not too worried about anti ageing - IMO the anti ageing ranges have little to no effect. I am after hydration mainly and a good feeling on the skin, if you know what I mean. That is, not overly greas itchy or artificially fragranced.

Sally:)

Keely was demonstrating the cleansers this morning and she specificlly said there was no mineral oil in it. I would hava a good guess and say that it will be the case for all the elemis products.

Text in in the 6 o'clock hour to check - or you could always be a "T-Caller":rolleyes:

OK Looks very safe so far and only hazard is in the liquid layer which is a low score and its in the sunblock .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xanthan_gum
The Elemis milk bath is divine. I have very sensitive skin and used it for years with no problems and also the frangipanni monoi melt. The only product i had problems with in this range was the lime blossom cleanser which made me get a rash and those capsules, the rose and lavender ones gave me break outs on a normally good clear skin.

Hi Molly,

Thanks for reminding me!

My daughter has used it and I tried some of the creamy cleanser - I thought it was good and I had forgotten about this range. What do you think of the moisturisers? I am 50 - dryish sensitive skin - not too worried about anti ageing - IMO the anti ageing ranges have little to no effect. I am after hydration mainly and a good feeling on the skin, if you know what I mean. That is, not overly greas itchy or artificially fragranced.

The A'Kin Rose De Mai Anti-Oxidant Day Cream is superb, it's the one I'm using at the moment and I'm finding it to be brilliant on my skin. It really balances it out, keeps the dry bits well hydrated and the oilier bits in check. It smells very fresh and clean and sinks in well - a little goes a long way and sometimes you think it won't 'rub in' but it does. It also makes a superb base for make up, my Laura Geller make up goes on well and lasts all day....

I'm a bit of a fan, can you tell lol:)

This is the ingredient list from across the A'Kin range from the MyPure website - there are no nasties in it at all

To protect Akin's formulations the manufacturers have asked us not to reveal individual product ingredients on our website. Instead we list here all the ingredients used across the entire A'kin range: Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, alpha lipoic acid, aqua (purified Australian water*) *BP 2007 standard, arginine (from sugarcane), behentrimonium methosulfate (from GMO free rapeseed) (and) cetearyl alcohol (botanical source), behenyl alcohol (from GMO free rapeseed), bisabolol (botanical source), butyrospermum parkii (certified organic shea butter), cananga odorata (ylang ylang) flower oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride (from palm), caprylic/capric triglyceride (from coconut & palm) (and) carotenoids (from marine algae), cedrus atlantica (cedarwood) bark oil, cetearyl alcohol (botanical source), chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, citric acid (botanical source), citrus aurantium amara (bitter orange) oil (neroli), citrus aurantium amara (bitter orange) oil (petitgrain), citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot) fruit oil, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) flower water, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) oil, citrus nobilis (mandarin orange) peel oil, cocamidopropyl hydroxysultaine (from coconut), "coco-glucoside (from coconut, palm & glucose) (and) glyceryl oleate (from glycerin & sunflower oil)", cymbopogon schoenanthus (lemongrass) oil, diatomaceous earth, disodium cocoamphodiacetate (from coconut), echium plantagineum seed oil, elettaria cardamomum seed oil, esculin (from horse chestnut), ethyl macadamiate (from macadamia oil), fusanus spicatus wood (West Australian sandalwood) oil, glycerin (botanical source), glycerin (and) aqua (and) anthyllis vulneraria (woundwort) flower extract, glyceryl laurate (botanical source), glyceryl stearate (botanical source), glycine soja (soybean) oil (and) calendula officinalis flower extract (and) tocopherol, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride (from guar), hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, hydrogenated lecithin (and) C12-16 alcohols (and) palmitic acid, hydrolysed oats, hydrolyzed wheat protein (GMO free), jasminum officinale (jasmine) extract, jojoba esters, juniperus communis fruit oil, "lauryl glucoside (from coconut, palm & glucose)", lavandula angustifolia (lavender) extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil (certified organic), soy lecithin (GMO free), lecithin (and) tocopherol (and) ascorbyl palmitate (and) hydrogenated palm glycerides citrate, macadamia ternifolia seed oil (cold pressed Australian grown), maltodextrin (GMO free) (and) camellia sinensis (white tea) leaf extract, maltodextrin (GMO free) (and) centaurea cyanus (cornflower) flower extract, maltodextrin (GMO free) (and) ginkgo biloba extract, mannitol (and) ammonium glycyrrhizate (and) caffeine (and) zinc gluconate (and) aesculus hippocastanum (horse chestnut) extract, methyldibromo glutaronitrile (and) phenoxyethanol (this ingredient will not be used after March 2008), panthenol (pro Vit B5), pelargonium graveolens (geranium) flower oil, persia gratissima (avocado) oil (certified organic cold pressed Australian grown), persia gratissima (avocado) oil unsaponifiables, phenoxyethanol , phenoxyethanol (and) ethylhexylglycerin, pogostemon cablin oil, potassium sorbate,quillaja saponaria (panama bark), rice amino acids, rosa centifolia flower extract, rosa centifolia flower water, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil, sclerotium gum, sesamum indicum (sesame) seed oil, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil (cold pressed Australian grown), sodium ascorbyl phosphate (botanical source), sodium citrate (botanical source), sodium cocoyl glutamate (from coconut & sugar cane) , sodium gluconate (from GMO free corn), sodium hydroxymethylglycinate, sodium isostearoyl lactylate (botanical source), sodium lauroyl sarcosinate (from palm), sodium lauryl sulfoacetate (from palm), sodium stearoyl lactylate (botanical source), sorbitol (from GMO free maize), squalane (from olives), stearic acid (botanical source), sucrose cocoate (from sugar cane & coconut), sucrose palmitate (and) glyceryl stearate (and) glyceryl stearate citrate (and) sucrose (and) mannan (and) xanthan gum, sucrose stearate (from sugar beet & palm), syzygium aromaticum (clove) flower oil, tocopheryl acetate (Vit E) (botanical source), xanthan gum, zea mays (corn) cob powder, candelilla cera, rosa canina (rosehip) fruit oil (certified organic), citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) oil, sodium hyaluronate, backhousia citriodora (lemon myrtle) oil (Australian grown, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) oil (Australian grown certified organic), eucalyptus polybractea oil (Australian grown certified organic), chlorphenesin, ethylhexylglycerin, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, rosa canina (rosehip) seed extract [CO2] (certified organic), cetearyl olivate (and) sorbitan olivate (from cold pressed olive oil), hydrogenated olive oil (and) olive (olea europaea) oil (and) olive oil unsaponifiables, rosmarinus officinalis leaf extract [CO2] (and) caprylic/capric triglyceride (and) lecithin (and) tocopherol, citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot) fruit oil (bergapten-free), cetyl palmitate (and) sorbitan palmitate (and) sorbitan olivate (from cold pressed olive oil)

Last edited:
No thanks button - but thank you everybody -

big hugs

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi Molly,

Thanks for reminding me!

hi i use the rose de mai day cream and the lavender and rose night cream and also the rosehip and shea. if you have dryer skin i would try the rosehip and shea first. also i love the rosehip oil. i had some pigmentation around the eye area and after a few weeks use it is starting to fade. i also use the eye creams and i find them very good. they do not irritate or make my eyes feel sore or greasy. my makeup goes on fine over the day eye cream. i think the best think to stop skin ageing is a good sunscreen and good hydration as dry skin ages quicker.

Latest posts

Back