Little Yellow Steam Cleaner A WARNING

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Been meaning to update this,had a call last Friday and was offered a refund or replacement,went for refund as i couldn't trust this model again.Lady couldn't give me any info on what the test department found apparently that stays with them if there is a recall at a later date.

Glad you got the refund Snoops, but would have thought they'd have offered you some kind of goodwill gesture for all the trouble.

Never mind the steamer, how are your face and eyes ? That sounded and was nasty. I've had hand held steamers in the past and found them useless, the tank is too small, I prefer the full size one that lets you do carpets etc.

It was right eye and face all ok now but did have blurred vision for a while and a very red face for 2 days.Thing is this cleaner did do a very good job my oven hasn't been as clean since it went back.

Never mind the steamer, how are your face and eyes ? That sounded and was nasty. I've had hand held steamers in the past and found them useless, the tank is too small, I prefer the full size one that lets you do carpets etc.

Now I bought the steam shark hand held steam cleaner from Thane, or Best Direct a few years back, even though it was quite small and portable, it came with a floor attachment as well, it has been absolutely brilliant, the amount of steam that comes out of it totally defies its size, it heats up quickly and gives a good half an hour of steam in one go. Funnily enough a friend came round recently when I was using mine and was so impressed she asked me to go online, so she could order one for herself, it seems it isn't made any more, they do a different one but doesn't have the floor attachment and is less powerful, they do a bigger one but it's big and obviously this is reflected in the price!

I agree that most small steam cleaners are useless, I had tried two before finding this one, and both produced about ten minutes of the most feeble puffs of steam that would'nt clean anything, in fact you'd have been better off just using plain hot water and a scouring cloth!

When i got this about 7 months ago i raved about it on here.Got it out earlier and put water in and turned it on,left it for around 30 mins to get to pressure and when i came back to it the pressure light had gone out so it's ready to use,as i picked up the trigger i noticed a large pool of water under it,i tried the trigger but hot water just dripped out,it's knackered i thought so turned it off.Returned an hour later but the pressure cap wouldn't turn so it's still pressurised so i left it another 15 mins.It turned easily this time but as the top came off boiling hot water shot out up the side of my face and eye,it's sore as hell stings like a bitch and i can't see too well out of that eye at the moment.Please be careful if yours leaks like mine did and just bin it,not a happy bunny at the mo.

snoopy 1st soooo sorry to hear of the mis-hap.......2nd..........youve bought it 7 months ago so you have the 1 year warranty /guarantee............ANYTHING THAT HAS A PLUG ON IT HAS BY LAW A 12 MONTHS SEND IT BACK THINGY.....Sorry i dont know the correct terms BUT in the middle of buying from another channels outlet shop [ karcher pressure washer ].i asked about the what if...?????? i was told by the person WAY UP HIGH......anything with a plug come automatically with a ........& then the senior moments have kicked in...cant remeber the term BUT the with a plug & 12 months stuck..............not just with DSR anything from anywhere...............get to the docs love & get it sorted..........suppose there are also enough tv ads with injured etc on that may be a way forwards too........TAKE PHOTOS.............good luck all the way round

Latest posts

Back