Little Yellow Steam Cleaner A WARNING

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

Snoopy

Guest Shopper
When i got this about 7 months ago i raved about it on here.Got it out earlier and put water in and turned it on,left it for around 30 mins to get to pressure and when i came back to it the pressure light had gone out so it's ready to use,as i picked up the trigger i noticed a large pool of water under it,i tried the trigger but hot water just dripped out,it's knackered i thought so turned it off.Returned an hour later but the pressure cap wouldn't turn so it's still pressurised so i left it another 15 mins.It turned easily this time but as the top came off boiling hot water shot out up the side of my face and eye,it's sore as hell stings like a bitch and i can't see too well out of that eye at the moment.Please be careful if yours leaks like mine did and just bin it,not a happy bunny at the mo.

omg thats horrible Snoopy, are you going to make a complaint? Have you looked up anything about it on the net to see if others are having the same problem?

Hope you heal quickly. xxxxx

omg thats horrible Snoopy, are you going to make a complaint? Have you looked up anything about it on the net to see if others are having the same problem?

Hope you heal quickly. xxxxx

I'm doing a search now love but can't see (no pun intended) the point of complaining to Ideal.

Oooh nasty one, Snoopy! :(

A letter to the manufacturer is definitely in order and maybe a trip to the doc.

xx

:yikes: I think you should contact IW Snoops, if only as a warning to other unsuspecting customers who may experience this. Hope you're going to be alright, we wouldn't want anything spoiling your good looks:wink:

I have one of these, but it is not leaking. I did notice after using it at the weekend that when it was switched off and unplugged it started making some strange noises as the pressure reduced which I had not noticed before.

I am sorry you have been injured and hope it is nothing serious - I think you should see a doctor or optician about your eye - have found opthalmic optician quicker and better than doctor by the way.

Thank you for the warning, I shall be extra careful when it is next used and it will go straight in the bin if it starts to leak.

Aww hope you're feeling better soon Snoopy. Definitely complain though. xxx

Please everyone get yourselves a tube or 2 of flamazine, I have had it actually reverse the burn process and for treating such injuries nothing compares to it. Take very good care of the injury, burns and scalds are horrendous.

Thank you all for the kind wishes it means a great deal to me :snog: Ideal have been in touch via ST so we shall what happens.Still a little sore and red this morning but no lasting damage i think.

Its good news that its not as sore , BUT this should never have happened to you

When i got this about 7 months ago i raved about it on here.Got it out earlier and put water in and turned it on,left it for around 30 mins to get to pressure and when i came back to it the pressure light had gone out so it's ready to use,as i picked up the trigger i noticed a large pool of water under it,i tried the trigger but hot water just dripped out,it's knackered i thought so turned it off.Returned an hour later but the pressure cap wouldn't turn so it's still pressurised so i left it another 15 mins.It turned easily this time but as the top came off boiling hot water shot out up the side of my face and eye,it's sore as hell stings like a bitch and i can't see too well out of that eye at the moment.Please be careful if yours leaks like mine did and just bin it,not a happy bunny at the mo.

Sorry to hear about your eye, but I'm shocked that it takes 30 minutes to get up to pressure!!!!! God, I'd have gone off the idea of cleaning if I had to wait that long. Suppose if it takes that long to build up pressure, it's gonna take just as long to cool back down again..but one hour? That's ridiculous. Hope IW see you right on this one, the product sounds highly dangerous. God knows how bad it could have been if you'd had tried to open the lid earlier, and you could well have done, 'cause I'm sure you were overcompensating by leaving it a whole hour and a quarter.

Relieved to hear that you don't think there's any lasting damage been done to your eye, but the consequences could have been disasterous!

Oh Snoops, hope you're OK and don't suffer any long term damage.

I know how painful it is when you get an unexpected spurt in your eye, burns/stings like hell ;)

Well you contacted me via ST Ideal you've had the machine back a month now any news on it ????

Latest posts

Back