Lauren Luke Make-Up

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think its a coup for qvc to get Lauren & they should have let her play, lol.. Will you be experimenting with a palette SS? I don't mind getting one in the New Year, as I do get a bit low that time of year, so will be a nice 'pick me up'.. Think i'll double check the colours on youtube & maybe preorder the Violet.. Its good to be a bit experimental sometimes SS, lol :mysmilie_1102:

Hmm, I don't knoe Daisy, I'm not sure I can justify buying more make up, I have quite a few BE eyeshadows that I have bought and not used yet, so I might try to be experimental with those in the new year. One of the BE kit I bought is one for smokey eyes and the shades seem similar to those in LL's palette...

The palettes direct from Lauren don't have the lipgloss tube with them and the QVC ones do - they are pretty much the same price. I'd say worth waiting for as Feb 2nd isn't far away and we get the 30DMBG with QVC if we don't like them.

Hmm, I don't knoe Daisy, I'm not sure I can justify buying more make up, I have quite a few BE eyeshadows that I have bought and not used yet, so I might try to be experimental with those in the new year. One of the BE kit I bought is one for smokey eyes and the shades seem similar to those in LL's palette...

There is no justification but if you are anything like me then you just have to have it. I lose count of how many smokey eyeshadows I have in various palettes etc. but I am compelled to try all of them. I am particular sucker for nice packaging (Illamasqua is my most recent weakness).

I have bought the Lauren luke nbook for my DD as a stocking filler and it looks quite good. She also loves the videos by Michelle Phan who shows how to do make up by celebs etc. She has great music on the tutorials too and is such a pretty girl. She shows a great trick with a business card to apply mascara that has made a big deifference to my duff application technique.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cByuzpdXA-o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4GVBkicnbU

As a result of watching all of these my daughter asked for good quality make-up brushes as one of her Chrissy pressies. She also wears much less make-up but looks so much better for it as she applies it properly now!

How beautiful is she? Stunning girl. Some great tips too.

I hadn't heard of LL until I'd seen this thread and have just been checking out some of her vids etc. on her website/ YouTube. She seems like just a genuine nice girl from the NE and I wish her all the best of luck with her makeup range. I'm even a bit tempted - nice packaging (sucker for that as I've said). Perhaps she wasn't on QVC for long because they didnt have much stock to sell - and time is money and all that for them.

There is no justification but if you are anything like me then you just have to have it. I lose count of how many smokey eyeshadows I have in various palettes etc. but I am compelled to try all of them. I am particular sucker for nice packaging (Illamasqua is my most recent weakness).

I like some of Illamasqua's range, they have a counter in my local Debenhams.
Have to say my fav youtube demos are Christopher Drummond!!!!!! He is fabulous and uses normal even middle aged women as models too.
Love his eyeshadows and blushes from Justbeautydirect.com

My latest love is Shu Uemura, very simple packaging but the quality is awesome.

Ooh don't start me off on Illamasqua! I have to travel a convoluted route round the shopping centre cos if I go near the department store I'll go in...and If I go in I'll have to go to the florr where all the cosmetics counters are....and I'lll be drawn like a tractor beam to Illamasqua and Be penniless about 45 minutes later! LOVELY stuff!

Have you seen one of the comments on this page

http://blogs.qvcuk.com/qgossip/2009/12/introducing-youtube-star-and-makeup-guru-lauren-luke.html

about Ali Young? - I'm surprised they let that slip through the net at QVC Towers ;)

:mysmilie_348: I think AY secretly likes that we all think she's fierce :D - and she's always lovely to new guests isn't she? (I thought she was kind and encouraging to Lauren anyway) Bless people for looking out for Luaren Luke though. It just goes to show what a following she's got!

What I like about Illamasqua is that most of the products are shimmer -free. I think perhaps that too many of the items in the LL palette are shimmery for my liking so haven't succumbed (yet). The blusher which she says has no shimmer looks nice though so might go for that in the future if she brings out individual items.

Latest posts

Back