New Forest Patisseries

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Notice he presents cheese awards lol

http://www.glynnchristian.com/

Ah, know who you mean now but I don't think you should refer to him as 'poncey Glyn Christian' - I notice he has been awarded the "prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award from Guild of Fine Foods 2008".......wow........re-spect! How very dare you be so flippant about such a prestigious & important personage!
How wuuude!
And he presents the Cheese Awards........gosh, QVC were lucky to get him.....!

:mysmilie_17:

If you add the p&p £5 each for a small Cake is a disgrace. I dont care how good they are £20 for 4 cakes is beyond belief.

I agree that £5 for a cake is quite expensive but plenty of people quite happily pay £5+ for a packet of cigarettes. I know which of the two I would prefer.

I agree that £5 for a cake is quite expensive but plenty of people quite happily pay £5+ for a packet of cigarettes. I know which of the two I would prefer.

Want a fag then?.......:mysmilie_17:

I agree that they are expensive and they should do better with their prices. However for my mum who is housebound they are a way for her to choose what she likes and wants for herself instead of having to rely on me to choose for her from the shops.............and they taste like little bits of heaven too.

For the price of two of the cakes you can get a M&S £10 Meal Deal which includes a Bottle of Wine.

The price of Food on QVC is a disgrace esp the Thorntons and Lime Tree Pantry ranges.

I just got two lots of thorntons (mint bundle and 1 kg of champagne truffles)for less inc p and p than thorntons sell them by mail order

glad i did home economics back in the 70's. saved me a pretty penny in my lifetime.
it costs pennies to make beautifull tasting cakes and very few minutes with a cheap hand blender.
marks,tescos and all the other supermarkets make lovely cakes for a couple of pounds each..
i restmy case!:mysmilie_11:

For the price of two of the cakes you can get a M&S £10 Meal Deal which includes a Bottle of Wine.

The price of Food on QVC is a disgrace esp the Thorntons and Lime Tree Pantry ranges.

Why is it a disgrace? If you don't think they are worth the money then just don't buy them. Nobody is being forced to buy.

I buy weekend treats every week from thorntons ( only bars of course, and mainly for OH, 'tho I do sneak a littlle piece ) and I find qvc in some instances do good prices, even with the p&p ...... as for the cakes, well they looked delicious and if I didn't have issues with my health I would certainly buy some ... yummy :)

Sometimes it is, sometimes you get some good deals and I have said it before so I will say it again, for people who are housebound this is a way for them to buy stuff that they like without having to rely on family/friends or carers to choose for them.

Why is it a disgrace? If you don't think they are worth the money then just don't buy them. Nobody is being forced to buy.

If you dont think the price of most of the food on QVC is a disgrace you must have too much money. I know what I am talking about I have worked in the Food Trade for over 30 years in very big companies and their prices are shocking they make M&S look like Pound stores. At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.

If you dont think the price of most of the food on QVC is a disgrace you must have too much money. I know what I am talking about I have worked in the Food Trade for over 30 years in very big companies and their prices are shocking they make M&S look like Pound stores. At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.

:mysmilie_17: very catherine tate

I just don't understand why you're so worked up about it, nobody has to buy food from QVC if they don't want to.

Latest posts

Back