Are Rocks & Co the First Casualties?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Kay Little on now with her last show...5 down...they've been saying Vicky is staying...so Jerilee and Stacey to go?

"Whats my new years resolution - to get a job"

I do hope someone snaps her up, shes chirpy, natural and doesn't screech. A raw talent maybe - and very nice to look at!

it is a shame to note all the crew are leaving as well though, and I do wonder whether Rocks & Co have thought this through (assuming they aren't going out of business). Yes centralising in Leamington Spa may make good business sense but they are effectively starting again. It's not just that all the presenters are leaving, people have come to know Ed and Jazzhands and Bruno and Stu and the rest as Rocks & Co involves them more, certainly more than TJC and they do make the viewer feel part of the family. An interesting dynamic they are losing and it will make viewers/customers see what else is out there. Risky...

Stacey said it was her last show when she was filling in for jerrilee on Tuesday afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, in some ways this could also be a good thing for them. They didn't have a great start so perhaps they're thinking of starting afresh? I know it's not good for the crew though and hopefully they'll all find jobs quickly.

How many presenters are left now? Vicki, Jerrylee and the Scottish lady with long dark hair (don't know her name)? Is there anybody else?

Then that only leaves Jerilee - who from what John said last night should have been on now and not Kay. I wonder who will be on on Saturday...

OMG. Really? Well perhaps they'll use temps? I know that GemsTV did this to cover for maternity / sabbaticals etc. Lee Clarke made a few appearances on Rocks&Co didn't he? Presumably he was on a temporary contract so perhaps they'll use temps when they move?

Possibly. It depends in the long term what hours they intend to do. If they are only going to do the Freeview Channel 40 hours (1 til 6) then ideally they would need three presenters (one being cover) but could get by with two. If the retain the channel 84 slot (and its associated other bits eg STV, Fiver etc) then they need four. If they bring back/gain other airtime then they would need more still.

In the meantime, maybe they will bring back Tania Staite - who they also used when Lee Clark was on (the infamous "blonde lady" - I suspect that would not go down too well here if they did...)

Oh dear me ......... did you really have to mention her? lol

Actually, I've just turned over to watch Rocks&Co for 5 minutes and they've got a mid auction ad running that says "from x time to y time - channel a" then "from another x time to another y time = channel b" and then again with channel c and another time! I can't believe that a company will be able to survive doing that. Incredibly confusing for the viewer.

Possibly. It depends in the long term what hours they intend to do. If they are only going to do the Freeview Channel 40 hours (1 til 6) then ideally they would need three presenters (one being cover) but could get by with two. If the retain the channel 84 slot (and its associated other bits eg STV, Fiver etc) then they need four. If they bring back/gain other airtime then they would need more still.

In the meantime, maybe they will bring back Tania Staite - who they also used when Lee Clark was on (the infamous "blonde lady" - I suspect that would not go down too well here if they did...)

Tania Staite oh no terrible!!! Definate nail in the coffin then! It sounds like you used to work for Rocks as you know alot of in depth stuff?

Hehe, no, I work in a place where if you are on the front line you can't even wear jewellery! That was just based on the number of shifts that need filling and the fact that one presenter can only work a maximum of 6 days a week.

Kay Little is on now on the 12 til 2 shift, having apparently un-left Rocks & Co (she did apologise for saying last wednesday was her final night), at least until Wednesday as she is on every night until then...

That also means that the story on the front page of Shoppingtelly saying that they would only be on 1pm to 6pm from today is now wrong. Maybe plans have changed suddenly since last week?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back