Are Rocks & Co the First Casualties?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

but there are plenty of people (like my mother) who wouldn't bother getting (and paying for) Sky when they can have Freeview for nothing - if you see what I mean.

My parents are the same Miss M, they do watch Rocks on Freeview, because they don't have, and can't afford Sky.

Going back to the original thread (sorry)

Had a quick read through, and hopefully I didnt miss it, but.....think that the timing of this is just weird?

Why reduce hours a few weeks before Christmas when everybody else is selling presents ...?

why show replays of auctions with only 1 or 2 in the quantity? ... every time I turn over, they have just closed an auction because they sold the last one ...?

did hear Vicky B saying that they would have loads more designs in the new year ... but if they are going to missing from sky, that only leaves ordering on the net, and look how that works (not!!!!)

think the timing of the whole thing is really really fishy .... I had stopped buying because their customer service couldnt cope with the demand of customers wanting to buy items (and couldnt get from web) ... and have stopped watching now because I would worry I didnt get what I had bid and paid for ...

ok, so having people spread out isnt cost effective, but is shipping the Diniz brothers over on a weekly basis cost effect either?? (then again, the way its going, they might be selling soon, in place of John and Ruth) ...

sorry, wouldnt be myself if I didnt get my tuppence in ....

Though I do buy from TJC, I'm a bit surprised that we seem to have forgotten all the terrible CS, discount codes not working and American arm who went bust etc.

Didn't someone on here buy a ring where the large central diamond had supposedly been replaced by a CZ?

Though I do buy from TJC, I'm a bit surprised that we seem to have forgotten all the terrible CS, discount codes not working and American arm who went bust etc.

Didn't someone on here buy a ring where the large central diamond had supposedly been replaced by a CZ?

That was me and it was a CZ. It was also over 3 years ago (maybe more) and they sourced a diamond for me and I had it put in by my local jeweller at TJC's cost. They had bought the ring in from a supplier and somewhere along the way, the diamond had been swapped out. In all honesty, at least TJC learn from their mistakes. Rocks&Co seem hell bent on ignoring theirs!

In the early days of TJC I had some awful problems with them but TJC have come a long way since then. I would trust them over Rocks&Co any day of the week. I don't trust Rocks&Co as far as I would throw them. Their lies and misleading statements are quite frankly shocking.

They didn't "go bust" in the USA, they changed from The Jewellery Channel to become The Liquidation Channel where they sell a vast range of gemstone pieces at very good prices. They are owned by the largest jewellery company in the world with over 25 years in the business so are highly experienced.

I am a big fan of TJC and they are the only TV jewellery channel who I would buy Tanzanite from and in fact any high end pieces. I have had excellent CS and on a few occasions they have gone far beyond my expectations although I know a few people have had issues from time to time. However over the past year I feel they have come into their own and really have no competition from any of the other jewellery channels.

Yup I must say TJC is the best tv jewellery auction channel we have purchased with, everything has been fine with them!
We have only purchased from Rocks and Co once, and it was such an effort like pushing water up hill, that has put us off for life!!

They didn't "go bust" in the USA, they changed from The Jewellery Channel to become The Liquidation Channel where they sell a vast range of gemstone pieces at very good prices. They are owned by the largest jewellery company in the world with over 25 years in the business so are highly experienced.

I am a big fan of TJC and they are the only TV jewellery channel who I would buy Tanzanite from and in fact any high end pieces. I have had excellent CS and on a few occasions they have gone far beyond my expectations although I know a few people have had issues from time to time. However over the past year I feel they have come into their own and really have no competition from any of the other jewellery channels.

These are all threads posted since 1st October 2009:

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16277
http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15762
http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16797
http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16840
http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17113
http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17085
http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17140
http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17597
http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17241
http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17244

All of these in the last 10 weeks, so why shout me down?

Certainly not my idea of good customer service.

Last edited:
Miss Kitty - I agree that TJC do make a mess on occasion. Their CS is still poor (and has never really been any good since the lovely Kavita left), their delivery company is horrendous BUT their jewellery is the best quality and at the best price point by miles. For me (and I only speak personally) that makes up for all the negatives.

Again, and this is a personal opinion, my dealings with Rocks&Co have been nothing but arduous, torturous and ludicrously bad. I contemplated briefly about posting up the negative threads about Rocks&Co but as I don't have a spare year I thought better of it! With the exception of Miss Magpie (sorry Miss M - not having a dig at you sweetie) and the posts that Rocks&Co have planted themselves, there's very little in the way of positive feedback for this dire company.

Buyer beware should honestly be their motto - it would be the most honest thing they could say about themselves!!!!

I feel more hate mail coming flying my way from a few more Rocks&Co plants now!!! :)

Miss Kitty, would you please show me where I "shouted you down"? I replied stating a fact which was that TJC didn't go bust in the USA. I went on to state my personal opinion and experience of TJC which I believe to be a perfectly fair thing to do on a forum.

I have absolutely no idea why you are accusing me of "shouting you down" nor do I know why you have taken the time and effort to post all the links which appear to be for my benefit. I have my opinion and that is based on my personal experience of TJC so although I have probably read your links previously, they have made no difference to me and I will continue to deal with them until such time as I have good reason not to.

Your words and actions are rather extreme considering I only pointed out your mistake in stating that TJC in America had gone bust when in fact they haven't and nowhere in my post is there anything which justifies your accusation!

Miss Kitty - I agree that TJC do make a mess on occasion. Their CS is still poor (and has never really been any good since the lovely Kavita left), their delivery company is horrendous BUT their jewellery is the best quality and at the best price point by miles. For me (and I only speak personally) that makes up for all the negatives.

Again, and this is a personal opinion, my dealings with Rocks&Co have been nothing but arduous, torturous and ludicrously bad. I contemplated briefly about posting up the negative threads about Rocks&Co but as I don't have a spare year I thought better of it! With the exception of Miss Magpie (sorry Miss M - not having a dig at you sweetie) and the posts that Rocks&Co have planted themselves, there's very little in the way of positive feedback for this dire company.

Buyer beware should honestly be their motto - it would be the most honest thing they could say about themselves!!!!

I feel more hate mail coming flying my way from a few more Rocks&Co plants now!!! :)

I agree Meeshoo - I bought a few items from Rocks & Co but didn't like thier prices or their ethics so stopped very quickly.

Klos - I don't know how much you have bought from TJC in the last year. I have bought 23 items, some Illiana, some silver, some in between.

Like you, I did not have any of the CS problems highlighted in my post. However, I am not blind to the problems experienced by others and think the issues highlighted are unacceptable.

If TJC become the most dominant channel, I am concerned they will have little incentive to improve. Prices will go up and service will go down - that is the law of the free market.

Miss Kitty you make a great point about competition!

Had Rocks&Co been the only channel, people would have been duped by their pricing and ethics. Luckily for us, their attempt at that new extreme sport "extreme pricing" has meant that it's driven customers away AND forced other channels to be reasonable in their approach to capitalise on Rocks&Co demise!

'-,

Miss Kitty you make a great point about competition!

Had Rocks&Co been the only channel, people would have been duped by their pricing and ethics. Luckily for us, their attempt at that new extreme sport "extreme pricing" has meant that it's driven customers away AND forced other channels to be reasonable in their approach to capitalise on Rocks&Co demise!

is it wrong for me to absolutely love R&C?
i've never had any trouble with them, and their prices seem darn good in my eyes.. maybe i'm just blinded by all of the one collection pieces, that i will NEVER have the pocket for- ah well, i can still dream eh' :mysmilie_61:

is it wrong for me to absolutely love R&C?
i've never had any trouble with them, and their prices seem darn good in my eyes.. maybe i'm just blinded by all of the one collection pieces, that i will NEVER have the pocket for- ah well, i can still dream eh' :mysmilie_61:

Nothing at all wrong with loving Rocks and Co and I hope they grow in 2010, Tony has asked if he can do a web chat or forum Q&A so fingers crossed.

It would be a shame if Victoria and Stacey were to vanish from our screens, two shopping telly gems IMO:mysmilie_82:

Nothing at all wrong with loving Rocks and Co and I hope they grow in 2010, Tony has asked if he can do a web chat or forum Q&A so fingers crossed.
It would be a shame if Victoria and Stacey were to vanish from our screens, two shopping telly gems IMO:mysmilie_82:

Gosh a volunteer! As you know Graham, I was hoping for something like this from Gems, but Scott didn't (or wasn't allowed more like) to even come back to me on the subject. Even a "sorry, no can do" would have been appreciated. xxxxx

Have you had a bit too much mulled wine G? :mysmilie_12:

Have you had a bit too much mulled wine G? :mysmilie_12:

Half bottle of Brandy, but I really love Stacey one of my favourite presenters, and Victoria, will be 100% honest a love hate relationship but has phoned me has been honest and IMO a pleasure to watch. Have a big soft spot a remember her making her very first TV appearance.

Gosh a volunteer! As you know Graham, I was hoping for something like this from Gems, but Scott didn't (or wasn't allowed more like) to even come back to me on the subject. Even a "sorry, no can do" would have been appreciated. xxxxx

Never liked Scott (oops did I say that out loud lol) well would not have hurt him to send you an off the record email. :)

I will give anyone the space on this site and it Tony is willing to do Q&As or Web Chat then it gets the thumbs up from me.

Bless you G. You truly have the spirit of Christmas!

I've gotta say that you've just listed my 2 most disliked presenters, Vicki and Stacey, in the entire world! Each to their own eh?

Bless you G. You truly have the spirit of Christmas!

I've gotta say that you've just listed my 2 most disliked presenters, Vicki and Stacey, in the entire world! Each to their own eh?

Indeed I enjoy watching them both, in 2010 I am going to be brave enough to mention who I really think are rubbish :) Lee Clark

Latest posts

Back