QVC's Netbooks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pollybelle

Registered Shopper
I am thinking of replacing my old laptop with a netbook and ideally I would prefer to buy from QVC so I have time to check it out and be able to return it if no good. I'm no computer expert and would appreciate any recommendations/feedback from anyone who purchased one from QVC. The reviews on the web are a bit mixed for the three they have available - it's difficult to get a feel for which one would be the best to order.

:mysmilie_687:

I bought it the HP Mini when it was a TSV a couple of weeks back. Although I like it, it does take getting used to because of its size and wouldn't recommend it as a laptop replacement. I personally have it as a complement to my laptop.

I bought the Samsung last December, after also buying the Samsung 17" laptop in the summer. No problems with either of them. The netbook has windows xp O/S which I prefer to Vista, also bought an external DVD RRW for it from Amazon. I work in IT, and very satisfied, (much much better than my work Dell laptop!)

Hope that helps

i don't think QVC sell this but i'm getting my mum a Samsung netbook, N130, a high spec. isn't required as she'll only be using it for surfing t'internet.

just be careful you don't end up paying over the odds if buying from QVC just for the sake of the 30 day MBG.

I have the samsung and my ex has the acer-both are great although personally I prefer the Samsung.

i agree with upsidedown that its great as a compliment to a main computer for travel etc but i wouldnt have it as my only one. i have the samsung nc10 and the sound when plugged through my speakers isnt a patch on my full size lappy.

I woulnd hang fire if getting a netbook, there are new ones appearing with Nvidia chipsets , most netbooks cant play flash files like on you tube as they are based on Intel chipsets, the new ones are appearing now, and Windows 7 means they can have higher spec notebooks compared to XP version as the licence gives them more scope to have higher hard drives etc.

I bought the HP when the TSV. I like the quick start feature which takes you to mail and web but avoids starting Windows. I use it a lot.

Like others though it doesn't replace my main PC but is great for using on my lap or for travelling when email etc are what I want. The sleeve is useful however I've not loaded much of the software yet so not sure how much that was worth truely!

Thanks everyone for your comments :mysmilie_82: I went for the HP with the 4 easy pays and will follow the advice about not using it as my main computer. It will just be so good to be able to surf the net and email without waiting ages for a page to load. Hopefully next year I will be able to replace my laptop for something which has a bigger memory and I can do more with it without it freezing!!

Latest posts

Back