James Russell is rubbish - in my opinion

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just my opinion.....

Scruffy unshaven appearance, market stall approach to selling, egotistical, loud, rude and bulshy... I could go on but I am sure I have made my feelings clear.

Hi Ballerina - you must be psychic!!(hope that I have the correct spelling for that!! lol); you have used the very words I was going to use - especially the market stall/barrow boy approach that the young "gentleman" adopts when presenting on gems, and his reference to money as being, QUID (S), it is an awful term to use, it sounds cheap and tacky, and does conjur up the mental image of a delboy wanna be! xx

Who'll gimme twenny Quid - Pukka!

Hi Ballerina - you must be psychic!!(hope that I have the correct spelling for that!! lol); you have used the very words I was going to use - especially the market stall/barrow boy approach that the young "gentleman" adopts when presenting on gems, and his reference to money as being, QUID (S), it is an awful term to use, it sounds cheap and tacky, and does conjur up the mental image of a delboy wanna be! xx

Hi Persian,

We obviously think alike! I just find his selling techniques tacky and his attitude immature.

He is probably fine for selling bales of towels on Sit-Up, where the Del Boy approach seems acceptable but not for selling fine jewellery. I know Gems isn't Boodles but even so - I just don't think he is the right person for the jewellery market. They should have him selling the "Hidden Treasures" and iron fairies! :mysmilie_697:

Inge xxx

Hi Persian,

We obviously think alike! I just find his selling techniques tacky and his attitude immature.

He is probably fine for selling bales of towels on Sit-Up, where the Del Boy approach seems acceptable but not for selling fine jewellery. I know Gems isn't Boodles but even so - I just don't think he is the right person for the jewellery market. They should have him selling the "Hidden Treasures" and iron fairies! :mysmilie_697:

Inge xxx

Hi Inge

If they had him selling "Hidden Treasures" the scenario would be "All right ya lovely viewas - we got a nice bit of "Hidden Treasures" for ya, and sum loverley Iron Fairies! I know a geezer who has done me a good deal on sum good plated bling, and thrown in a few lamb chops, a chipped dinner service and a few jellied eels!!! and later I will be jumping through a chalk drawing!hold up, wait thats Burt from Mary Poppins innit? I am a right laff of a geezer me, aint I ? does anyone fink I look like Ray Winstone with me beard?" :mysmilie_17: xxx

Pukka gear at blindin' prices! He would make a better bingo caller and that beard is really naff.

I don't know about Ray Winstone but he does look like he has been at the chocolate mousse :)

hi, its been a wile since i last posted and in all honesty I try to give all companies the benifit of the doubt. BUT in this case I simply can't.....thats can not Mr. Russell just incase the punctuation was confusing you! Well what a self richious statement to make. I have no doubt he has the best figures but lets examine the evidance and see if we can figure out why.....
1 - Gems busiest times seem to be evenings and sundays....obviously this is just my observation however I think I am right in this presumption. When is Mr. Russell on air????? Evenings and weekends.

2 - Unlike the other...harder working presenters.... Mr. Russell appears not to have any **** to sell...I mean have you ever seen him try to sell a hidden treasure?????????? I would imadgen it would be a very different story if he had to sell a mixture of products rather than just skimming the cream.

3 - and again this is just a guess but I will bet my bottom $ that he works with one of Gems TV's better producers.

And there you have it! So Mr. Russell before you go off on another one of your I'm ( I am) the best rants kindly remember a couple of things 1 - If you truely do hold the best figures on every channel you have ever worked for than I am very suprised that they let someone of your incredible ability go in the first place, prehapse this has more to do with attitude than ability! & 2 - self glorification is no real advertismant as to you're ability!!!

Rant finished and now I am feeling better!

Judging from fran0808 comment I think that James isn't so popular at Gems either - forgive me if I'm wrong but don't a remember the Leigh Dicks faux pas awhile ago?

I don't watch Gems much any more,high prices,unattractive designs and unappealing presenters,talking of whom!!!! This one is obviously from Price drop or equivalent. Talk about down market and spivvy,suits this re-vamped channel to a "T".
If you need my address so you can complain please let me know.

What a total knob cheese!!

Mate, you sell jewellry FFS, it's not like you spend your days saving the lives of the weak, infirm and vulnerable. Get over yourself, get a grip and for the sake of all that is holy, remove your head from your rectum long enough to get some English lessons!

What a total knob cheese!!

Mate, you sell jewellry FFS, it's not like you spend your days saving the lives of the weak, infirm and vulnerable. Get over yourself, get a grip and for the sake of all that is holy, remove your head from your rectum long enough to get some English lessons!

:mysmilie_17: That wins the prize for post of the year! Brilliant! :mysmilie_61:

:mysmilie_17: That wins the prize for post of the year! Brilliant! :mysmilie_61:

Why thank you! *blush*

...of course I should point out that I have always loved your tongue in cheek wit, Meesh, and that for the last four years, my posts have had the best viewing figures and if you could buy them, they would have had the best sales figures too... :mysmilie_17:

Sorry. Couldn't resist!!! :)

Not quite up to the standard of Mr I'm Up Myself though. Not a spelling mistake in sight and all the apostrophies in the right places!!!

Not quite up to the standard of Mr I'm Up Myself though. Not a spelling mistake in sight and all the apostrophies in the right places!!!

Damn me and my anally retentive need to be literate!!! :mysmilie_61:

Latest posts

Back