Is Anoushka Leaving?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Jones, whether or not you think calling someone a Scottish pratt is racist is totally irrelevant. It IS a racist comment and one I object very strongly to. Had the person you made the comment about been black and you had called him a 'black racist' or of Pakistani origin and used called him a P*** pratt you would have been in very deep trouble. There is no difference in any of these as all are plain and simply RACIST!

Now you are insulting a long standing, respected forum member. I suggest you look around for another 'friendly online community' as obviously your interpretation of 'friendly' differs greatly from mine.

I have to agree with you klosblue its the reference towards using scottish to describe this person. I'm welsh and Anne Robinsons room 101 when she said the welsh what are they for was awful. There is noway she would have been able to get away with it if she'd said it about people of a different colour but it was ok because it was just the welsh she was calling over. Shame on the BBC. It does annoy me though.

Hi there Mr Jones, duckie. Here is my opinion for discussion:-

4.gif

Mr Jones, whether or not you think calling someone a Scottish pratt is racist is totally irrelevant. It IS a racist comment and one I object very strongly to. Had the person you made the comment about been black and you had called him a 'black racist' or of Pakistani origin and used called him a P*** pratt you would have been in very deep trouble. There is no difference in any of these as all are plain and simply RACIST!

Now you are insulting a long standing, respected forum member. I suggest you look around for another 'friendly online community' as obviously your interpretation of 'friendly' differs greatly from mine.

Right ok, so you my lovely - think the word Scottish is the equivalent as P**i?

The later, would be totally racist I whole heartedly agree.

And as for finding another online community, just because our interpretations - why should that force me out? I've made a health donation to the website and have no intention of being ran out of town - if everyone share your interpretations, wouldn't this be a very boring place?

And as for finding another online community, just because our interpretations - why should that force me out? I've made a health donation to the website and have no intention of being ran out of town - if everyone share your interpretations, wouldn't this be a very boring place?

I personally believe that something is offensive if it is deemed by another to be so (and I'm not including pc councillors with nothing to do but conjure up daft names for christmas, etc). We all say thoughtless things from time to time, it's very easily done, I just don't understand why folk find it so hard to simply apologise, explain that no offence was intended, and then move on instead of digging deeper.

Don't you have sufficient intelligence to know there is absolutely no difference between calling someone a P*** pratt or a Scottish pratt? Both are equally racist!

With regards to your "health donation" ?? I assume you mean "healthy donation"? So does that mean you think you can buy the right to come on here and insult people with your racist remarks? Have you bought the right to insult long standing forum members? I don't think so!

I certainly don't expect people to share my views or opinions but there is no other interpretation of your "Scottish pratt" remark other than the correct one which is that it is RACIST!

Sorry I do not believe any racist remark has been made. I repeat if a racist remark had been made the member would have been banned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps not actually being Scottish is preventing clarity in seeing this remark as being racist.

I am not alone in my opinion as you can read from this extract on Jeremy Clarkson's racist comments about Gordon Brown:-

The Scottish Unionist Feb 2009.
BBC is now complicit in Clarkson’s racial insult.
Yesterday I argued that Jeremy Clarkson’s apology for his gratuitous reference to Gordon Brown’s visual disability was inadequate. He has not apologised for associating Scottishness with idiocy.

It seems that I’m far from alone in that view. Today’s Scotsman is running an editorial entitled “Clarkson apology does not go far enough” and a report that Labour MSP George Foulkes has denounced the supposed apology as “half-hearted” and “mealy-mouthed”, calling for the BBC to “take swift action to deal with these kind of racist remarks”.
The SNP’s Christine Grahame, someone with whom I rarely agree, also hits the nail on the head:
“It is just abuse. It plays to the lowest, lowest denominators of society. You cannot make these racist remarks. If you were to substitute the phrase with ‘one-eyed black idiot’ or ‘one-eyed Muslim idiot’, I’m sure things would be different.”Alex Salmond’s spokesman spectacularly misses the point, calling Clarkson a “clown” (fair enough) but saying that “at least now he is an apologetic clown”. Not in my book, he isn’t!

But worse than that predictable failure to appreciate the actual issue is the BBC’s reaction. When challenged over the nature of the so-called apology, a spokeswoman for the corporation said:
“Jeremy was aware what part of his comments were offensive and that’s what he has apologised for, and the BBC has accepted that apology.”
Clearly that’s untrue. Worse, can he really be unaware that he has offended Scots? And asked if this meant that the BBC condones Clarkson’s use of the pejorative term “Scottish idiot”, she said:
“He has apologised in full, and we have got no further comment to make.”
Again, entirely untrue. Hence my post title: the BBC is now complicit in Clarkson’s racial insult.

Anna Smith of The Mirror said on the same subject:-

Boorish Jeremy Clarkson is the posh version of an English knuckle-trailing football thug.

The only difference is he can string a sentence together.

His unbelievably cruel jibe about Gordon Brown being a 'one eyed Scottish idiot' come has to be the most offensive remark ever made in television history.

It’s not just crass. It’s cruel and vicious, and a direct insult to blind people or anyone else with a physical disability.

And it’s racist and insulting to Scottish people.

I could go on and on but don't feel I should have to. The comment was racist and that's the end of it.

Klos please don't let this *newbie* (if that is indeed what Lee Jones is :rolleyes:) get to you because imho he joined the site purely to antagonise, and it's apparent that whenever this happens it is always in the jewellery channel forums. Coincidence?? I think not, but eventually they always get found out and disappear........until they re-emerge as someone else that is. It's interesting that he made a point about his "health (sic) donation" as if that will protect him from being bound by the normal rules of forum etiquette, and frankly I'm surprised that he is still around. If someone here called him an English dickhead (tempting I know)I wonder if he would feel insulted??

Lee who?

Lee Jones..? you're a bit of a whinger aren't you? trying to stir up trouble on several threads..i.e barry's wedding ring! get a life!
Racism and ignorance are not to be tolerated in any form, if you are dim enough to confuse the light hearted banter on this forum for an invitation to show your contempt for others, you won't get very far. people here are far sharper, wittier and loyal to each other than you could ever hope for. By the way, this is my opinion.

Klos please don't let this *newbie* (if that is indeed what Lee Jones is :rolleyes:) get to you because imho he joined the site purely to antagonise, and it's apparent that whenever this happens it is always in the jewellery channel forums. Coincidence?? I think not, but eventually they always get found out and disappear........until they re-emerge as someone else that is. It's interesting that he made a point about his "health (sic) donation" as if that will protect him from being bound by the normal rules of forum etiquette, and frankly I'm surprised that he is still around. If someone here called him an English dickhead (tempting I know)I wonder if he would feel insulted??

:mysmilie_687: Thanks PPC. He is just an idiot and I'm sure you're right in what you say. His other ridiculous posts don't bother me, in fact they only deserve pity, but on a point of principal he should not be getting away with being a racist - no matter how much he has paid! If he genuinely didn't mean to be racist then he should have apologised immediately I pointed it out but his failure to own up to it proves it was intentional. He claims to have a Thai wife - funnily enough a certain individual associated with Rocks & Co happens to have a Thai wife so I tend to think he has boobed there and blown his cover! It looks to me like his sole intention is to get rid of Meeshoo and I who just happen to be Rocks & Co's greatest critics! Perhaps he will get his way and I will be banned for being called a racist and proving his comments were in fact racist. Wonder what would happen if someone called Tony Diniz a 'Brazilian tosser', former R & C presenter Sam (who I thought was very good) a 'black fool' or Vicky Brown an 'Indian bitch'?

Lee Jones..? you're a bit of a whinger aren't you? trying to stir up trouble on several threads..i.e barry's wedding ring! get a life!
Racism and ignorance are not to be tolerated in any form, if you are dim enough to confuse the light hearted banter on this forum for an invitation to show your contempt for others, you won't get very far. people here are far sharper, wittier and loyal to each other than you could ever hope for. By the way, this is my opinion.

:mysmilie_687:

:mysmilie_687: Thanks PPC. He is just an idiot and I'm sure you're right in what you say. His other ridiculous posts don't bother me, in fact they only deserve pity, but on a point of principal he should not be getting away with being a racist - no matter how much he has paid! If he genuinely didn't mean to be racist then he should have apologised immediately I pointed it out but his failure to own up to it proves it was intentional. He claims to have a Thai wife - funnily enough a certain individual associated with Rocks & Co happens to have a Thai wife so I tend to think he has boobed there and blown his cover! It looks to me like his sole intention is to get rid of Meeshoo and I who just happen to be Rocks & Co's greatest critics! Perhaps he will get his way and I will be banned for being called a racist and proving his comments were in fact racist. Wonder what would happen if someone called Tony Diniz a 'Brazilian tosser', former R & C presenter Sam (who I thought was very good) a 'black fool' or Vicky Brown an 'Indian bitch'?

This now getting totally out of hand, I personally do not believe that the poster was being racist in anyway.

I would not care how much a member donated, I have banned people in the past and I am sure I will have to do it again, however I will not ban someone for having an opinion.

Personally I have found some of the posts towards Caroline Lyndsay far more offensive than anything Lee Jones has had to say, but it is the posters opinion and everyone has the right to post their opinions.

I will repeat I do not believe that Lee Jones was being racist.

Thread Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back