Alcohol in products

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wish I had the "Thanks" button Clare, that was really enlightening. I know certain products have to contain alcohol (such as perfumes) but I would be really uncomfortable using anything with high proprtions of alcohol on my skin. I had to return an SBC TSV for this very reason. I e-mailed QVC at the time, and asked them to make it clear in presentations and website about the alcohol content, as it is extremely at odds with SBC's very natural image, but of course they have not done so!

LOL, LE Lover. You are spot on about QVC's hypocrissy.

A big Thank-you to all the forumites! Since discovering this forum two months ago, I have really reduced both watching and spending with QVC - this can only be a good thing!

totally agree about SBC, i feel for all the "natural" hype and had a bad reaction to it and I do not even consider myself to have sensitive skin. My face felt like it was really stinging after using the collagen gel and it left me with flaky dry patches. I put this down to the alchohol in it. Heaven only knows what it might do to a really sensitve complexion.

Great thread.

I agree, it’s because of these type of inconsistencies, that I hardly watch QVC these days.

As it’s very unprofessional in my opinion, to not make viewers aware of products that contain SLS, parabans, Propylene Glycol , mineral oil, alcohol etc. As it prevents the viewer from making an informed choice.

But the hypocrisy will continue, as some of the folks at QVC, seem to be more concerned with self-promotion, and hitting sales targets, rather than adequately informing the viewer about the products they are selling.

I would recommend having a look at sites such as: Dr Hauscka, Lavera and Neal's Yard - they have glossaries where you can look up information on each ingredient; I have been re-assured by them about alcohol in their products: they tend to use grain alcohol mainly, if memory serves. Anyway, for those of you out there keen to avoid any alcohol whatsoever in products, these companies and some other natural cosmetics sites (Naturisimo is also a good one to check out - stocking a large range) will list all ingredients, so that you can know before you buy.

PS: For a good, simple alcohol-free toner (which is also inexpensive!) how about trying what I use: 100% pure Rosewater and 100% pure witchhazel - equal parts; I go to my local health shop for these ingredients (also check out the local chemist) - make sure each ingredient has nothing else added - I measure out 100ml of each and pore into a big glass bottle and hey presto!

Thanks for the tip Mariecat, im going to buy some rosewater & try it out.. Cheaper than buying the LE Instant Boost too! :mysmilie_687:

Latest posts

Back