Effie Meera anyone.....?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

jacaranda

Registered Shopper
Seems Amy has inherited the family trend of odd pronounciations....so along with Dawn's forks fur... Amy has just introduced Effie Meera (ephemera) to us all.

I think Amy is a lovely person, but I'm not a fan of her slightly sing-songy nursery teacher delivery. I understand Leonie's reasons for wanting to go her own way, but I think QVC have really lost a good guest and a true 'craft expert' there. I'm not suggesting that Amy doesn't know what she's doing - she clearly does - but I find it a bit odd that they are suddenly building her up as a big craft expert when she admits to only have been crafting for 4 years. I've been cardmaking more than twice as long as that and would in no way consider myself an expert and, to be fair to Amy, she has never professed to be an expert herself.

I just wish she'd learn a word other than 'beautiful'. She even described the grey cardboard box the letterpress ink came in as 'beautiful' the other day??????!!

She drives me nuts I'm afraid. Dawn has a strange inflection but Amy's delivery is downright weird. It jars on me so much, I have to keep muting her. I agree re her "professional" status, too. She's a pleasant enough person who tries to be helpful and I know that live presenting isn't at all easy, but, as someone else pointed out, she needs to learn a few more superlatives.......

She's obviously being groomed as the next Dawn Bibby. Nepotism I think it's called. :mysmilie_11:

I think Amy is a lovely person, but I'm not a fan of her slightly sing-songy nursery teacher delivery. I understand Leonie's reasons for wanting to go her own way, but I think QVC have really lost a good guest and a true 'craft expert' there. I'm not suggesting that Amy doesn't know what she's doing - she clearly does - but I find it a bit odd that they are suddenly building her up as a big craft expert when she admits to only have been crafting for 4 years. I've been cardmaking more than twice as long as that and would in no way consider myself an expert and, to be fair to Amy, she has never professed to be an expert herself.

My thoughts too.

I keep putting the craft on and it's Amy, and I turn over, sorry!

Latest posts

Back