Elemis & Use within 6 months

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JCR1982

Registered Shopper
Just wondered whether everyone listened to Keeley etc and used up all their elemis within the 6 months limit? Do you think or have you noticed the quality diminish after that time limit?

I know I've just finished a Tri Enzyme wash which I opened just over a year ago and I didn't notice a diff and I have a couple of small masks which I still use occasionally etc

Thanks in advance

I had a lime blossom cleanser that smelt off when I went to re-use it after I'd 'lost' it for a while (I had used a third or so and then put it in a cupboard, tried something else and went back to it a few months later)

I wondered if it went off because it was in a transparent/opaque bottle - the papaya enzyme peel seems to last well and that is in a tube

The lime blossom cleanser is the only Elemis product that has ever gone 'off' on me.
Granted,it was about 3 years old though never opened.
I'm currently using their Sensitive skin wash which must be about 3 years old too & it's fine.

My shine control lotion did not smell great after about 8 months open so had to throw it out.

I have a tri-enzyme wash is still going after about 10 months without problems but I also binned a cleanser and toner I'd only half used as the definitely looked iffy more than a year after first oping them. I agree with jellybaby about the papaya enzyme peel. I've had a couple in the past and it seems to keep well for much longer than 6 months without any apparent ill effects.

I also had a long forgotten lime blossom cleanser that went off - in fact, it separated. No problems with anything else, apart from a lumpy lifting mask which was new, tho' I never bothered to return :mysmilie_81:

A while ago someone showed me an article about how misguided we are to use "old" cosmetics/skincare/shower products etc, apparently they contain bacteria and other baddies. This can be especially so in the "natural" products.

With expensive products I tend to keep them far too long :(

clemenzina

i'm still using a bottle of tri Enzyme that must be at least 2yrs old and it seems ok. I've got lots of half used elemis that has come in various kits ,every time i see an elemis show i run and get it out as i feel inspired to use it. That usually lasts a few days and goes back into the bag:mysmilie_61:

There's stuff in my stockpile that's way over 2yrs old:mysmilie_11:

I also had a long forgotten lime blossom cleanser that went off - in fact, it separated. No problems with anything else, apart from a lumpy lifting mask which was new, tho' I never bothered to return :mysmilie_81:

That mask is lumpy anyway, nothing to do with being off.:mysmilie_61:

I am using the Chamomile cleanser 400mls size and its been going for well over six months and is fine.

Did once find a 50ml size of the body lotion which had seperated. But I think I might of had it for at least 3 years:mysmilie_34: It was hidden at the bottom of a drawer under other things.

I have had a pot of PCMC for about two years and then opened and as it was 100ml size took me a long time to use up. It was fine no change in smell or texture.

My 400ml Lime Blossom Cleanser is now about a year old and still O.K. The Sensitive Cleansing Wash seems to go on for ever and must be coming up to three years old. Still the same as the day I opened it.

I have also kept a PCMC on the go for over 6 months and it's still fine - no difference in texture or smell and still seems to be doing the job!

That mask is lumpy anyway, nothing to do with being off.:mysmilie_61:

I am using the Chamomile cleanser 400mls size and its been going for well over six months and is fine.

Did once find a 50ml size of the body lotion which had seperated. But I think I might of had it for at least 3 years:mysmilie_34: It was hidden at the bottom of a drawer under other things.

I have had a pot of PCMC for about two years and then opened and as it was 100ml size took me a long time to use up. It was fine no change in smell or texture.

Well I've used loads of tubes of the lifting mask over the years and I wouldn't describe them as lumpy - thick with an uneven consistency perhaps. That particular one was unusable, believe me.

I used to use the Chamomile cleanser (before I discovered Greenpeople no scent) and was liking it as I got through a couple bottles. I coudl swear though the last one I bought smelt off as soon as I opened it (didn't buy from QVC by the way) - ended up binning it and turning to the greenpeope one.

I've never noticed a whiff from my cleansers but I do tend to use them up within the 6 months.

I got 100ml of PCMC and I'm not sure I'll finish that within the 6 months and thats using most nights and every morning.

The trienzyme I just finished was fine (a year old) and I have a sensitive wash (prob 1 1/2 yrs old).

Do you think they say that so that you buy/use more?

Because from here it looks like most products - except the cleansers last longer than the stated 6 months.

I really do think you need to use your own judgement as it is in Elemis interests to tell us that shelf life is limited so we buy more. Be sensible, use your instincts and I find that has not let me down over the years. I really can not get my head around buying a new mascara every month? 6 weeks? because of bacteria though. Have used mascara since I was 15 ( the weel was just invented) and always take longer then 6 weeks to use it up and have never had an infection. Although have to mention that I do not share it with anyone either. Am I wrong to be really sceptical about that one?

I really do think you need to use your own judgement as it is in Elemis interests to tell us that shelf life is limited so we buy more. Be sensible, use your instincts and I find that has not let me down over the years. I really can not get my head around buying a new mascara every month? 6 weeks? because of bacteria though. Have used mascara since I was 15 ( the weel was just invented) and always take longer then 6 weeks to use it up and have never had an infection. Although have to mention that I do not share it with anyone either. Am I wrong to be really sceptical about that one?

No I agree with you, just finished my wash last night and wondered what everyone else thought really. But they always drum it in about the 6months limit for elemis, so just wanted to know views.

Mascara I use till it finishes or doesn't coat my lashes enough so much longer than 6 weeks for some!

Latest posts

Back