Another Liz Earle Rip-Off!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

RICKY S

Registered Shopper
Hello guys,
Been reading these forums for months, but this is my first time writing on it!!:mysmilie_348:

Was watching QVC last night, they were advertising 3 bottles of Liz Earle Body Washes for over £30.00 + a ridiculous p & p charge. (Although you do get a small body scrub as well).

If you go direct to Liz Earle's web site they are £27.00 with FOC carriage. (Without Body Scrub).
You can also choose which ones you want, not what QVC say you must have!!

I enjoyed my little rant - Have a good day! R

Last edited:
LE doesn't agree with my skin, so I can't comment, but welcome to the forum! The first post is always the hardest.:mysmilie_348:

:mysmilie_348:

I'm a LE user but don't much if any of it from qvc - maybe if I spot a OTO price - however,I only use the basics of the range and OTO's tend to be kits.

I have bought from the LE site but mainly from my local john lewis.I think those who are not internet savvy think they are grtting a good deal on qvc - and can't see any comparisons.

I agree i think its more of a qvc rip off rather than a LE rip off - but hey nothing new there for qvc!

Hi Ricky s and a very warm welcome.I love LE products but unless it's aTSV with the stuff i really want i go to john Lewis and buy from there.

Hi there and a warm welcome on this freezing cold day.Have fun on the forum, I know I love it far more than QVC!

:mysmilie_348:

I'm a LE user but don't much if any of it from qvc - maybe if I spot a OTO price - however,I only use the basics of the range and OTO's tend to be kits.

I have bought from the LE site but mainly from my local john lewis.I think those who are not internet savvy think they are grtting a good deal on qvc - and can't see any comparisons.

I agree i think its more of a qvc rip off rather than a LE rip off - but hey nothing new there for qvc![/QUOTE]

Definately agree with that!!

The internet definately helps you to find bargains!!

At the end of the day LE is is prepared to go on air and sell at the prices they are asking. So she's not exactly blameless

She is blameless, because the LE business, the manufacturer, is separate from the QVC business, the reseller, whose relationship is governed by the quantities QVC will purchase from the former and at what price. The reseller can then determine the resale price. LE (business and person) have no say. Resellers often expect manufacturers to promote products.

I would have thought for someone who appears to have such control over her business she would be in a position to say that she doesn't want to be associated with her goods being sold at that price.
I could be wrong as i don't know much about the business world

Nope, LEL. A relationship like this is based on a simple resellers contract. The manufacturer is obliged to help the reseller with promotion, marketing material (among other things) but, no, they cannot have a say unless they hold a stake into the other company (and rightly so).

I too know nothing of the buisness world - but I believe that LE is quite a savvy lady - and is particular what she puts her name too.

She must know what prices are being charged at her shop,website and outlets - and yet shes happy to sit there and put her name and face to the products and prices at qvc.

I don't believe for one minute that on the odd occassion she doesn't sit there and think WOW! Thats sold for x amount on the website/in the shop

I too know nothing of the buisness world - but I believe that LE is quite a savvy lady - and is particular what she puts her name too.

She must know what prices are being charged at her shop,website and outlets - and yet shes happy to sit there and put her name and face to the products and prices at qvc.

I don't believe for one minute that on the odd occassion she doesn't sit there and think WOW! Thats sold for x amount on the website/in the shop

I misread that and thought you said LEL was quite a savvy lady i was just going to go aah isn't that nice and then i realised you were talking about LE:mysmilie_61::mysmilie_61: how stupid do i feel

Yep, because she can own the customer and everyone wants to own the customer.

She could say no, i'm not prepared to come on and promote it at that price.

Latest posts

Back