Treatments .... update.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I had a long phone conversation with Andrew Lovett this afternoon about my Majestic Ruby ring and two Ceylon Padparadscha pieces ... he'd already confirmed my Alex was natural and untreated.

He couldn't have been nicer or more helpful and I have agreed to send all three pieces back for a full refund including the P&P and the cost of having my ring re-sized.

:mysmilie_687: Mr Lovett.

Yes I had a call from Mr Lovett yesterday Fluff and I have to say he was charming and couldn't have been more helpful. He offered me a full refund plus the return p&p and I posted my MR back today. I am impressed at last by GEMSTV's response to this issue and I expect the poor bloke is inundated right now with all these queries, so I appreciated his time in calling me. :mysmilie_696:
respect.gif

Fluff, PPC: can I ask you how long ago you bought your M. rubies? I bought one when Steve Bennett was still involved with Gems, in fact I bought it when he was presenting, but I haven't checked the date yet... and I'm wondering if I should be worried!

I think you will find all M rubies will be filled.

Oh, Poop! I had thought that the problem might have been after the Bennetts left....I really must check the date......will need to call the Time Team to help me sort through the deep litter system that is my filing cabinet!

Its not a problem it a process often used in the industry, natural high quality Rubies are more expensive than diamonds of the same carat weight and very rare.
You won't need the date you bought it just email Andy with the item code and he will sort it for you, but if you do want to know the date look through your order history on the gems website x

Fluff, PPC: can I ask you how long ago you bought your M. rubies? I bought one when Steve Bennett was still involved with Gems, in fact I bought it when he was presenting, but I haven't checked the date yet... and I'm wondering if I should be worried!

:mysmilie_348: Mathilda .... I am so sorry I have just seen your post.

I bought my Majestic Ruby ring on the 8th November 2007

If you email Andrew Lovett on [email protected] with the item number and ask him what treatments have been applied he will check it out for you. It may take a couple of weeks because the information has to come from the team in Thailand.

i also had a phone call from Andrew Lovett re;my tanzanite and it has now been sent to safeguard for a complete inspection .I have to say to Gems bosses Andrew has been a good advert for them he must be totally p..sed off with all us irrate ladies and has been so helpful and nice with it, a plus point for Gemstv and they havent had many of them lately,which is a shame as at one time you could not fault their bling apart from the odd item which everyone has i loved their jewellery

Andy has been wonderful and has now processed all my refunds as Tequila said he must be sick to the back teeth of all this but he was so lovely and genuine on the phone.

I absolutely agree, gemcherub. Andrew phoned me again this afternoon to tell me he had received my items and will ring tomorrow to discuss my refunds. A lovely man who's certainly gone the extra mile for us and with very good grace.

I noticed enhancements are now included in the design details on some items on the web and Andrew said he's discussing resizing issues with Outwork.

Maybe there's still hope for Gems, I'd like to think so.

I absolutely agree, gemcherub. Andrew phoned me again this afternoon to tell me he had received my items and will ring tomorrow to discuss my refunds. A lovely man who's certainly gone the extra mile for us and with very good grace.

I noticed enhancements are now included in the design details on some items on the web and Andrew said he's discussing resizing issues with Outwork.

Maybe there's still hope for Gems, I'd like to think so.

Me too Fluffywuf, it's surprisingly hard to break the tie from a company that has brought a lot of pleasure in the past. xxxxxxx

Thnak you Fluff, no probem, only just got back here myself !

Gem Cherub, I didn't think to search online....getting dim!

I know that these treatments can be fairly common ...but my ruby wasn't as inexpensve as a treated stone should have been, if you know what I mean! It was a good deal if it's not pfaffed about with but too dear if it is .... sigh!

Thnak you Fluff, no probem, only just got back here myself !

Gem Cherub, I didn't think to search online....getting dim!

I know that these treatments can be fairly common ...but my ruby wasn't as inexpensve as a treated stone should have been, if you know what I mean! It was a good deal if it's not pfaffed about with but too dear if it is .... sigh!

Don't feel down about it if there are any issues Andy will sort them out for you, he genuinely cares about customers and has gone the extra mile for a few of us on here so just drop him an email x

Thanks again, GC.

I must decide what I want to do... there's the question of my "padparadscha" sapphires, too! Trouble is I'm so busy right now I'm only thinking about this stuff when I drop in here and then I'm off on a tangent again.

Hi I've been reading this thread and wondered what the problem with ceyon pads is. I have a ring from GemsTV I bought in 2006.

Sorry I can't seem to find it anywhere else (maybe someone can tell me how to search here - it is probably staring me in the face.

Thank you

Thanks again, GC.

I must decide what I want to do... there's the question of my "padparadscha" sapphires, too! Trouble is I'm so busy right now I'm only thinking about this stuff when I drop in here and then I'm off on a tangent again.

Mathilda ... it'll only take you a couple of seconds to drop Andrew an email with the item numbers and when you get the information then you can decide whether or not you want to keep them.

Hi I've been reading this thread and wondered what the problem with ceyon pads is. I have a ring from GemsTV I bought in 2006.

Sorry I can't seem to find it anywhere else (maybe someone can tell me how to search here - it is probably staring me in the face.

Thank you

Hi Gemaholic ... The Ceylon Pads we bought in 2006 are in fact Pad 'Coloured' Sapphires so not the real deal.

I had another phone call (and probably my last) from Andrew this afternoon to say the refunds for my Majestic Ruby ring and my Pad Sapphire pieces have now been processed. Thanks Andrew. :mysmilie_687:

The Ceylon Pads we bought in 2006 are in fact Pad 'Coloured' Sapphires so not the real deal.

:mysmilie_687:

Thanks - I'll go and email now. Feel quite sad now. The ring was ok but I was always thinking about getting the stones reset. I'm glad I didn't now.

Last edited:
:mysmilie_687:

Thanks - I'll go and email now. Feel quite sad now. The ring was ok but I was always thinking about getting the stones reset. I'm glad I didn't now.

I'm sure Andrew will get in touch with you very quickly but the info from Thailand may take a couple of weeks to come through.

I hadnt really taken on board the import of this subject until recently . I purchased 3ruby items in 2006 one majestic and 2 royal ruby pieces . I have today emailed Mr Lovett requesting information as to if any of them have been treated or filled . I will keep the thread updated re the outcome , The email was read 2 mins after it was sent , lets hope the outcome is as swift . Bx

I'm sure Andy will respond Brenny as soon as he can but I know he's bogged down sorting out loads of similar queries, but the main thing is he will sort you out....ooh err missus. I've emailed him again so I need sorting too....:mysmilie_374:

Latest posts

Back