Yankee Candles - What's all the fuss about?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't know half of the names you are all referring to, I'm almost ashamed to say I like some of Sainsbury's ones, the hazlenut and vanilla is a particular favourite, as well as some of Hanna's candles (which have previously been slated in an earier thread). I have bought unscented candles from Price's before but my overall favourite has to be the L'occitane honey candle. I have to say I'm not into the florals and cannot stand rose anything but I do love the chocolatey,caramels, and fruity ones. Over the last few years I have bought many candles and have burned quite a few and can honestly say I am not over enamoured with yankee candles, I find thay are not as strong as we are led to believe they are and even the smell isn't always as described, still I can't complain too much I did buy the last YC TSV. :mysmilie_81:

L'Occitane candles are lovely, my favourite is the AOC Lavender one. But I really think they have changed it when the packaging moved from the metal tin to the glass. Now the L'Occitane lavender candle is real lavender.

had a l'occitane verbena one last year which was highly scented,in a glass container,lavender sounds nice ,will have a look next time I go in ,got a bit of birthday money in my pocket !!
I love the lavender foot cream so jope it smells as nice as that !

I don't know half of the names you are all referring to, I'm almost ashamed to say I like some of Sainsbury's ones, the hazlenut and vanilla is a particular favourite, as well as some of Hanna's candles (which have previously been slated in an earier thread). I have bought unscented candles from Price's before but my overall favourite has to be the L'occitane honey candle. I have to say I'm not into the florals and cannot stand rose anything but I do love the chocolatey,caramels, and fruity ones. Over the last few years I have bought many candles and have burned quite a few and can honestly say I am not over enamoured with yankee candles, I find thay are not as strong as we are led to believe they are and even the smell isn't always as described, still I can't complain too much I did buy the last YC TSV. :mysmilie_81:

i agree love l'occitane candles and for the size do burn well and are a vegetable wax, the honey is an all time fave with all the family very sweet and heady!:mysmilie_82::mysmilie_82::mysmilie_82::mysmilie_82:

I do like Yankee candles but to be frank i feel they are over-priced. I am lucky that none of the fragrances cause me headaches or nausea but some are just overpowering.

Like Donna, I prefer the Diptyque candles or Parks but these are not cheap either. I also like to burn pure essential oils dropped onto water. Today I am burning lemongrass oil on my tart burner and that is lovely and fresh smelling.

I really must learn not to buy Yankee candles unless I know and like the fragrance.
Have tried the Beautiful Day one and I hated it, now burning the Early Sunrise one and it smells like Lemsip, so don't like that one, one more to go. My daughters are pleased though, because they'll end up with them:mysmilie_698:

I do like Yankee candles but to be frank i feel they are over-priced. I am lucky that none of the fragrances cause me headaches or nausea but some are just overpowering.

Like Donna, I prefer the Diptyque candles or Parks but these are not cheap either. I also like to burn pure essential oils dropped onto water. Today I am burning lemongrass oil on my tart burner and that is lovely and fresh smelling.

You can't beat pure essential oils burning,can you?
Lemongrass is my fave of all time,have been using oils for years & really love this.Have it burning atm in my kitchen,fab for getting rid of cooking smells & beats candles,hands down imho :mysmilie_698:

Latest posts

Back