Gold weights

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Rozzy

Registered Shopper
Time was when QVC always displayed the gram weight of any gold they were selling.
Does anyone know why they no longer do this?:mysmilie_81:

They still do it on the odd very highly priced item, think £400+.

I will say the gold weight is so low on their items people wouldn't buy if they knew how much gold was really used.

I wish they'd tell us both the gold weight and the weight of the piece as a whole, especially with earrings. But so many of the pieces are hollow and flimsy, it'd be an embarrassment. I've just returned a pair of earrings, where Ali K described them as 'substantial', and turned them sideways to show the thickness. The reality is that the apparent thickness was just a thin wall at the end - the things were hollowed out and not remotely substantial. If she'd turned them a millimetre more, we'd have seen. Isn't she clever with those quick hands?

Typical qvc skullduggery!
I don't tend to buy jewellery from them, having said that, I have one gold cognac diamond ring (very cheap!) which has a good gold weight (tiny diamonds though!) which really surprised me as I wasn't expecting it to be so substantial.

They always used to display the weight of nearly all their gold pieces:mysmilie_81:

ps I've just remembered, they used to say that £10 per gram was a good price. That will have all changed now:mysmilie_17:

I made the mistake of buying a £300 gold bracelet that looked really substantial (and was described in a very loose and vague way, as feeling heavy)........ it weighed somewhere about 10 grams and went straight back.

If the gold weight had been displayed there's no way in the world that I would have even considered buying it.

Latest posts

Back