Julia talks posh

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Poor Julia, I'm not her greatest fan, but, being in a similar age-group..... "aging profile"! ouch....

Yup Amen to that. Thank gawd I don't have to face the scrutiny of millions of eyes under the glare of studio lighting as Im no spring chicken myself
icon_ninja.gif

In fact I need to wear a government health warning sticker or a paper bag when I'm under the weather. Not fit for public consumption!
4_18_5.gif

Still, I think a few goes on one of their 60 second neck toners certainly wouldn't do Ms Roberts any harm. I love mine and Lord knows we all need a little helping hand to make the best of what hasnt already hit the ground when we start that invevitable slide down the slippery slope of gravity.
At least she looked a bit perkier when I saw her today though, the hair is back to glossy waves again...which is good...doubt she will manage to stop herself speaking like Hyacinth Bucket in the near future though.
mysmilie_1360.gif

I just saw JR on telly and could be the lighting or that she has exceptionally shiny locks but she looks like she's got grey roots coming through. Am I imagining it? :mysmilie_1685:

Yup Amen to that. Thank gawd I don't have to face the scrutiny of millions of eyes under the glare of studio lighting as Im no spring chicken myself
icon_ninja.gif

In fact I need to wear a government health warning sticker or a paper bag when I'm under the weather. Not fit for public consumption!
4_18_5.gif

Still, I think a few goes on one of their 60 second neck toners certainly wouldn't do Ms Roberts any harm. I love mine and Lord knows we all need a little helping hand to make the best of what hasnt already hit the ground when we start that invevitable slide down the slippery slope of gravity.
At least she looked a bit perkier when I saw her today though, the hair is back to glossy waves again...which is good...doubt she will manage to stop herself speaking like Hyacinth Bucket in the near future though.
mysmilie_1360.gif

she is looking her 54 years now and does she not know black and brown don't match.:mysmilie_696:

i just put her on to see what all the fuss is and she does seem to be a bit posh today and she just said during the OTO presentation ''i'm not trying to panic you but there are on 200 left and 70 on the phones'' So maybe she's been reading the comments about DF hounding us into buying things and being a bit market stall-ish?

I think Julia looks lovely even though I'm not her greatest fan. It's her attitude that annoys the hell out of me and the false laughter but she looks fine for her 'age'. Women are allowed to age you know.

I must say I quite like the posh approach rather than the market trader come and get it approach, it's all a matter of taste. :mysmilie_697:

I must say I quite like the posh approach rather than the market trader come and get it approach, it's all a matter of taste. :mysmilie_697:

I don't mind either Kathy, if it's the genuine article. Julia sounded as if she had been let out of an audience at Buck House though :mysmilie_61:

Watching julia now on the elemis hour and she does not look too well tonight, she does sound quite nasal so maybe she has had one of these wretched colds going around, the colds this year from what i hve seen and heard are being really sinusy , so if this is her prob i hope she is feeling better soon

Think she is not very well and of course it shows in her face, I look like something from a horror film when I'm ill and would hate to have to go on the telly, it would terrify people!

She wouldn't like this thread would she :mysmilie_697: I think she is one of the most vain presenters on QVC which generally pulls, in turn the most critism, I can't watch her, I always got the feeling she loved herself a bit too much and my husband and I fell about when we saw her selling pilates stuff, she was pretty podgy and going through the moves and had the cheek to tell us we wouldn't ever be as supple as her! Haven't been able to stomach her since! :mysmilie_61:

I think Julia looks fine for her age, well I think she looks very good actually. When I think back to my old mum and her friends at that age they had much more middle aged spread, more wrinkles and frizzy perms. Looking good for them was having your hair done weekly at the hairdressers or just popping a few rollers in yourself. The ladies all dressed nicely but werent so pressured to look 10 years younger.

I also dont think there is anything really wrong with the way she speaks. I have a broad accent and change the way I speak to anyone who isnt local or when I am talking on the phone or the poor sods have to keep asking me to repeat myself!!!:mysmilie_664:

Bet

She wouldn't like this thread would she :mysmilie_697: I think she is one of the most vain presenters on QVC which generally pulls, in turn the most critism, mysmilie_61:
She did say on the Technology hour last night when QVC starts to broadcast in High Def, that will be the day she leaves QVC.

She did say on the Technology hour last night when QVC starts to broadcast in High Def, that will be the day she leaves QVC.

She often says that but I imagine it is another QVC pie crust promise:mysmilie_11:

I saw Julia the other night and she didn't look well at all. Surely they could have found soneone to replace her. She clearly had a heavy cold and didn't look her best. I can't understand why there are so many negative posts about her. She seems perfectly OK to me, I enjoy watching her presentations and rarely find her irritating.

Latest posts

Back