Men poorly catered for on QVC?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Northernlights

Registered Shopper
I think QVC are missing another huge market to sell to....Men!...now I can only speak from my own experience......but take my dear hubby as an example.....hates shopping, particularly for clothes. Only shops if his undercrackers are threadbear,won't queue,will not hunt around because "They never have my size anyway" etc etc.:mysmilie_81:
Some good quality basic essentials, some reasonably priced toiletries?

What do you think?

buy him the agate/silver necklace TSV...that might put a smile on his face :mysmilie_697: Cheaper option....just show him the pics online and save the return postage cost.

Sorry couldn't resist.

Jude xx

they have done the odd piece through the ranges like others have said ie kim and co,centigrade,birkenstocks,rockport,emus,trespass etc...There was a range for a while by olympis steve someone (I think!) but it all went into clearance.

Elemis and LE do some mens toiletries I'm led to believe and isn't L'occitane unisex....

My hubby would rather die than buy something from qvc - and he doesn't even like fashion,so its not as if hes fussy.As far as he is concerned QVC is the ultimate in naff.

Plus i don't think men would fall for the sales patter as us ladies do - plus they're not interested in the 15 mins talk on each item which includes the presenters whole life and size of their house,guest cloakroom and backside :) Men either want the item or they don't.Simple as.They can't sell an item in the same way to a man that they need to a woman!

I would like to see more choice for men but i don't want moisterisor or other beauty products aimed at men.

I would like to see shoes, clothes, more gadgets etc.

Then did have men's Emu boots on before christmas.[/QUOTE]

:mysmilie_701::mysmilie_701::mysmilie_701::mysmilie_701:

Just imagine hubby in those!!!!trendy he ain't.:mysmilie_17:

Perhaps brands such as trespass and similar, with their casual active wear might be a good range for QVC. Craghopper comes to mind.

My son's just got to the age where his Mum stops buying everything for him and he gets really fed up when he has to go shopping and spend money on bliddy clothes. He buys things in multiples so he doesn't have to do it very often (He's got 10 of the same identical black fitted Levis T shirt!)

He wouldn't be faffed with returns either though - and he probably wouldn't watch QVC, but might shop on the website with his inherited "clicky finger".

Gadget wise he's always waaaaay ahead of the QVC buyers, so he's already got one of whatever they are flogging, or he's waiting for a better one that's about to come out.

Hubby gets all of his shopping done by me!

(He's got 10 of the same identical black fitted Levis T shirt!)

That so un-imaginative! Gok-wan would have a field day :mysmilie_61: Though no doubt his mates are laughing at his lack of variety (sadly).

Anyway, the problem is that QVC, rather shopping is the womens thing and men do men things which involves doing the same thing because it's safe. Women are more adventurous in trying different things wouldn't you agree and cue the expression "not getting out of their comfort zone".

QVC also has this stigma of being something you don't want to be seen dead shopping from as it's on TV and obviously ridiculous. Male ego I'm afraid and they'll only look at it if they recognise the name.

That so un-imaginative! Gok-wan would have a field day :mysmilie_61: Though no doubt his mates are laughing at his lack of variety (sadly).

Anyway, the problem is that QVC, rather shopping is the womens thing and men do men things which involves doing the same thing because it's safe. Women are more adventurous in trying different things wouldn't you agree and cue the expression "not getting out of their comfort zone".

QVC also has this stigma of being something you don't want to be seen dead shopping from as it's on TV and obviously ridiculous. Male ego I'm afraid and they'll only look at it if they recognise the name.

:mysmilie_348: Luckily he mostly wears them as a kind of undershirt under a proper shirt so it's not too much of "a thing." He says his friends think he wears the same T shirt for about a week at a time! :mysmilie_17: I'm surprised they even noticed - being men as well! If Gok Wan came anywhere near him he'd have to go into hiding! :mysmilie_701::mysmilie_61:

I can't talk though cos I can't tell the difference between his jeans. They have tiny variations - that apparently matter - but my poor brain just sees "jeans". :mysmilie_81:

He says it's a fine tradition begun by Einstein and continued by him cos he doesn't want to have to think about clothes every day. He says he finds that ten minute "what shall I wear" stare into the wardrobe that "Women" do (that'll be me then!) ;) is ridiculous and he doesn't have time for that carry on of a morning.

Bless him. He likes a bit of a uniform so he doesn't have to bother his brain with such matters. He says it's no different to buying ten pairs of the same black cotton knickers from M&S. (me again! :D)

He is getting better though. Recently he went into a shop to buy something rather than clicking a couple of buttons on the computer! :mysmilie_61:

Latest posts

Back