Shame on you, Dennis Basso

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Good idea get them to join the QVC group and post every day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dennis Basso, who has stores in New York and Aspen, Colo., said that more than half of his latest collection was designed with broadtail, which he described as the finest of the astrakhan varieties. "You can really handle it as if it is a fabric," he said. "We have quilted it, we have done trapunto work on it, and for the past several years we have been beading it. We've done ball-gown skirts and bustier tops in broadtail."

Mr. Basso, whose broadtail designs cost $7,000 to $45,000, said no client had ever challenged him about the source of his skins. "Women who want something beautiful are only interested in the final product," he said. "She's buying fashion. She's not going into Prada and asking, 'Where did this come from?' It's like when somebody goes and buys a diamond. They're not asking what mine it came from either."

For any members who are not familiar with the term broadtail - it is astrakhan. Or to put it bluntly the skin of an unborn lamb.

Dennis Basso, who has stores in New York and Aspen, Colo., said that more than half of his latest collection was designed with broadtail, which he described as the finest of the astrakhan varieties. "You can really handle it as if it is a fabric," he said. "We have quilted it, we have done trapunto work on it, and for the past several years we have been beading it. We've done ball-gown skirts and bustier tops in broadtail."

Mr. Basso, whose broadtail designs cost $7,000 to $45,000, said no client had ever challenged him about the source of his skins. "Women who want something beautiful are only interested in the final product," he said. "She's buying fashion. She's not going into Prada and asking, 'Where did this come from?' It's like when somebody goes and buys a diamond. They're not asking what mine it came from either."

For any members who are not familiar with the term broadtail - it is astrakhan. Or to put it bluntly the skin of an unborn lamb.
Thank you Hampton for explaining exactly what his vile trade is all about. Nothing more needs to be said really, except imho any woman (or man) who wears real fur is pure scum, just like Butcher Basso. :mad:

Yep its totally sick, was reading about it yesterday - eurgh, vile and the slaughter is no way humane.

The page I was reading was I think from humane society of USA and they were saying the mother was not stunned but had her throat cut and then they could see the lamb moving from the inside!! Sick sick sick!!

Latest posts

Back