Eyes Down, Look in. It's...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

barbedwire

Registered Shopper
Debbie Flint.

Good grief, she's just uttered those immortal words at the start of the Smashbox show...

What next?

'This elegant Kaftan by Casual and Co is big enough for two fat ladies (wibble wobble)?'

Or

'If you wanna be Legs 11, buy these pants from Spanx...'

The nation's favourite shopping channel is now also the current place to play Home Shopping Bingo ladies and gents...eyes down for a full house...:D

It is the first time I've had to listen to Debbie because of smashbox. Unfortunately, I am wearing earphones as I am watching on my laptop. OMG, my eardrum is damaged. One image to mind: Mo, Eastenders, selling dodgy products in the market. :mysmilie_81:

it's item number 88 88 88 (wibble wobble). You can order via the oPIErator if you so wish ;)

I was in a shop today and the radio was on in the background...no idea what station....they were describing QVC as shopping for common people!!!!! |the cheek of it!:mysmilie_17:

I was in a shop today and the radio was on in the background...no idea what station....they were describing QVC as shopping for common people!!!!! |the cheek of it!:mysmilie_17:

Ere, I aint common, Blummin cheek. I am just going up the apples to brush me barnet and then tuck into a nice ruby. Cor blimey.

I really enjoyed Claire's Smashbox hour. I had been feeling that Smashbox shows on QVC had gone off the boil and it was all a bit "same old same old", but that show put the excitement and interest back into it for me.

I tried to watch the Debbie Flint Smashbox hour but honestly - if I wanted to be ordered about that relentlessly for an hour I'd go back to the Saturday job I had when I was 14!

"Get to those phones immediately"

"While you're there order this as well" (or words to that effect)

Get on that phone and start the call now even before we've shown you the product" (or words to that effect!)

"Go and buy it right now"

"Jump into Q cut"

"Press the button and get yours"

"Get it NOW, get it while you can"

"Go for yours now"

"Make sure you get yours quickly"

"Don't wait"

"Get this set quick"

It's like Stalinist bliddy Russia when she's on - and not relaxing or fun in the least. I wonder how many words are devoted to telling us about the product compared to how many are just purely bossing us around. It gets on my pip and I switch off.

Hubby calls her "Sharon" after Sharon Stone. (stay with me! ;)) He comes in and says "oooh I see Sharon's on again. I'll be in me shed." in a fake northern accent. (He's not from the north of England and he hasn't got a shed!) :mysmilie_17:

Anyway, the Sharon Stone thing isn't at all complimentary. He means listening to Debbie Flint is like having an icepick stuck in your ear! :mysmilie_61:

I really enjoyed Claire's Smashbox hour. I had been feeling that Smashbox shows on QVC had gone off the boil and it was all a bit "same old same old", but that show put the excitement and interest back into it for me.

I tried to watch the Debbie Flint Smashbox hour but honestly - if I wanted to be ordered about that relentlessly for an hour I'd go back to the Saturday job I had when I was 14!

"Get to those phones immediately"

"While you're there order this as well" (or words to that effect)

Get on that phone and start the call now even before we've shown you the product" (or words to that effect!)

"Go and buy it right now"

"Jump into Q cut"

"Press the button and get yours"

"Get it NOW, get it while you can"

"Go for yours now"

"Make sure you get yours quickly"

"Don't wait"

"Get this set quick"

It's like Stalinist bliddy Russia when she's on - and not relaxing or fun in the least. I wonder how many words are devoted to telling us about the product compared to how many are just purely bossing us around. It gets on my pip and I switch off.

Hubby calls her "Sharon" after Sharon Stone. (stay with me! ;)) He comes in and says "oooh I see Sharon's on again. I'll be in me shed." in a fake northern accent. (He's not from the north of England and he hasn't got a shed!) :mysmilie_17:

Anyway, the Sharon Stone thing isn't at all complimentary. He means listening to Debbie Flint is like having an icepick stuck in your ear! :mysmilie_61:

Are you sure that he is not referring to the fact that DF, like SS, does not wear knickers?

All fur coat and no knickers is another expression we use around here so maybe..! (Sorry for the visuals!) :mysmilie_61:

I suppose qvc must have thought that there are some people out there who only respond to direct commands to buy, so they hired Debbie to do it.

Latest posts

Back