Debbie Flint's Explanation of Free P&P??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Is it me or does Debbie Flint really confuse you with the way she explains the free P&P on Smashbox. With the lid primer, it's £14.25 and usually has £2.95 P&P. She says that as you are not paying the £3 P&P, it's as if you are getting it for £11.25. Er no, it's still £14.25!!

Debbie's not trying to con us at all ! She's totally right !

She's just saying that paying 14.25 with free p&p
is the same as having a discount of about £3 while paying for the p&p as normal !

11.25 + 3 p&p = 14.25 + 0 p&p

is the same as having a discount of about £3 while paying for the p&p as normal !

The item price is £14.25 and if the P&P is £3.00 then the total would be £17.25 so with free P&P the item is still £14.25 not £11.25.

Gawd you're just the sort of gullible punter she would love!! :mysmilie_81:

The item price is £14.25 and if the P&P is £3.00 then the total would be £17.25 so with free P&P the item is still £14.25 not £11.25.
Exactly!!

I'm only saying that both ways, we're paying 14.25 :

14.25 = 11.25 + 3 p&p = 14.25 + 0 p&p = 14.25

Nobody's saying we're paying 11.25 !

omg im so glad some one else noticed, she was doing my head in i was really confused and couldnt watch just listened in stunned silence trying to figure out what the hell she was acctully saying
some one needs a word with her, shes fast becoming more annoying tham jill franks

No you are only paying £14.25 if you have free P&P. The other way you are paying £17.25. :)

Apart from DF who is trying to get the amount £11.25 into our heads rather than £14.25 so we will all jump on the phones and order.

Last edited:
If you buy an item for £14 25p and there is free p and p then £14 25p comes out of your bank account therefore you have paid £14 25p, so end of the smoke and mirrors with the "virtual" p and p discount. Of course if you use your credit card and don't clear the balance in full each month it's a whole different story, but that is the choice of the purchaser

Subtle as a brick. I can well understand why she had to change career direction. Sadly she's no good at presenting either. :rolleyes:

Maybe she can go into politics next and persuade us all that the recession is over using her mathematical "skills"

According to the QVC website she has an accountancy degree so I don't think she's thick, she's trying to con the viewers which is worse!

If that is true then what is she doing on QVC at all?................Can't stand her, suprised QVC had her back really!

:mysmilie_11:

Maybe she can go into politics next and persuade us all that the recession is over using her mathematical "skills"

Well I for one would love to negotiate her price down if her house was for sale:

'Well Debbie, you're selling your house for £500k, and if you throw in your BMW, I'll give you £300k and we'll both be well off, heh?'

Saw about ten minutes of her with Uri Geller and I had to switch off. To be honest I think they both must believe we're all stupid!

I don't know which was more annoying, his pretty but still overpriced jewellery range,

I have to say that since the price of gold has gone up I thought Uri Geller's range seemed quite reasonably priced as it had remained the same.

According to the QVC website she has an accountancy degree

Wonder where she bought that from?

Is it me or does Debbie Flint really confuse you with the way she explains the free P&P on Smashbox. With the lid primer, it's £14.25 and usually has £2.95 P&P. She says that as you are not paying the £3 P&P, it's as if you are getting it for £11.25. Er no, it's still £14.25!!

Yes, what on earth was she on about!!! She didn't say it just once either did she? .

I love creative accounting!

To be fair to Debbie she does a least mention the P&P. Unlike many other presenters. I have noticed that she tends to mention the P&P the first time a product is presented in an hour. E.g. Last night for the wireless doorbell. It is always mentioned at the end of a product intro and her voice tails off in volume as if she is running out off breath.

Possibly a technique taught at Shopping Telly Presenter school? Or maybe she is a heavy smoker!

Stuart

Well, Debbie: if it's just like you're only getting it for £11.25, then - given you're paying £14.25 - it's like you're not getting free postage after all... . Go to jail, Debbie, go directly to jail, do not pass Go, do not collect £200... (there, I have meted out my Monopoly-type punishment, thank you all, thank you... ).

The woman drives me insane. Couldn't watch the Smashbox hour with her, one because of the P&P fiasco and two, the hard sell. Sorry Debbie but I have bigger things to worry about than missing my chance of having the right eye-liner if I don't jump onto the phones. Balmy mare!!!

Sorry, feel better now!

I really hate the way presenters never mention p&p -ever.

The moment its free we never hear the end of it and how much you're saving.

Totally agree - if there are say, five bracelets in a set - they always give the single unit price as if we DIDN'T have to add on postage - but if anyone knows how to get it without please let me know!! Same when they tell you the costs od Moira C scarves.

Latest posts

Back