Beauty Bash

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Now that would be awesome, Almerinda!

I would imagine that we are among QVC's most engaged customers - seeing as we post comments on a shopping telly forum dedicated to QVC. It would be nice for them to reward us for all the valuable insight they gain from this place. (They get slated on here sometimes, I know, but surely it's better to understand where you're going wrong in order to improve.)

Maybe they could see their way to sending Graham some tickets for next year, for a lottery/comp we could enter? At least it would be one more chance to get there.

We can but dream.

PS Congrats to sued on all that beauty booty.

Given some of the ruder comments about various presenters and guests that some people around here post, I'd say that was highly unlikely!

Great day!

Hi,
I was at the Beauty Bash with my daughter-in-law in the afternoon yesterday. It was much better than when we went 2 years ago. The refreshments were very nice and there was more than enough to go around. I had real trouble carrying my huge bag of freebies back to Euston. We walked to Trafalgar Square and hopped a bus to Euston from there - I travelled free with my over 60s bus pass! I agree with what sued. said - some brands were very generous compared with others. I did get some info:
Judith Williams is having a TSV in June. Ultrasun is havin a TSV in March/April and the next SBC TSV will contain a full size of the new warming Arnica gel.
It cost me about £40 in railfares to get to London via the Midlands, but I have combined the Beauty Bash with a visit to my son and family, so good value for money, I believe! My OH is driving down here after work today and driving me home on Sunday, so I only needed rail travel one way. Just as well, as they cancelled the train I booked from Newcastle to Derby on Wednesday and I had to get there on 2 different trains......still, I arrived eventually and I had a good book to read to pass the time, so I was OK.

:mysmilie_698::mysmilie_698::mysmilie_698:

Being the saddo that I am I thought I'd see what the value of all the goodies from yesterday was - I am absolutely astonished to say that the haul adds up to just over £600 OMG.
I did win a raffle prize which had about £90 of Liz Earle in it but even so I am flabbergasted.
I hope the friend I took who doesn't shop at QVC enjoys her haul!

The really generous gifts were from

Bare Minerals
Gatineau
A'kin
Philosophy
Prai
Lulu

Generous for the size of company
La Coupe
Sarah Chapman
Arranaromatics

and the really stingy ones go to Decleor,Nails inc( although tbf they were doing nails) and Liz Earle.

They have posted loads of photos on Twitter. It makes me feel a bit excluded, almost like they are saying "Look how good this was but you weren't invited. Nerr nerr nerr nerr nerr!".

I'm glad those on here who got an invite enjoyed their day even though I am envious.

They have posted loads of photos on Twitter. It makes me feel a bit excluded, almost like they are saying "Look how good this was but you weren't invited. Nerr nerr nerr nerr nerr!".

I'm glad those on here who got an invite enjoyed their day even though I am envious.

Yes me too! I didn't even know the bash existed until I came on here :(

Being the saddo that I am I thought I'd see what the value of all the goodies from yesterday was - I am absolutely astonished to say that the haul adds up to just over £600 OMG.
I did win a raffle prize which had about £90 of Liz Earle in it but even so I am flabbergasted.

Bare Minerals
Gatineau
A'kin
Philosophy
Prai
Lulu

La Coupe
Sarah Chapman
Arranaromatics

and the really stingy ones go to Decleor,Nails inc( although tbf they were doing nails) and Liz Earle.

Hi sued I was there yesterday afternoon, and I agree about some people being stingy Definately Decleor and Nails inc But also I found Bobbi Brown rather mean as well.
Also found out that Elemis are going to bring out a EDP in June, plus the TSV in April will have a sample of the EDP along with a new Milk Bath Body lotion, smells GORGEOUS.
Leighton Denny was so nice very easy to talk to, he was watching how Nails Inc were doing people nails, he was appalled how they were filing the nails back and forward on a ordinary emery board, he thought they should have had more supervision, it was quite amusing as his nail technicians were very busy and Nails Inc had no one for about an hour, Bare escentuals TSV is going to have all the basics in their next TSV, just thought you might like to know.

Thanks for giving us the low down on your wonderful day with the QVC beauty team SueD. I am so jeolous! Great idea MinnieTheMinx about tickets to Graham for a competition amongst the QVC devotees. We can dream...

Liz Earle

Bare Minerals
Gatineau
A'kin
Philosophy
Prai
Lulu

La Coupe
Sarah Chapman
Arranaromatics

Agree, poor contribution from Liz Earle - you get more than that in your bag when you buy something in the LE shop - great shame. Nails inc came up with a nice nail pamper though and the girls worked hard. Lulu looked amazing and her contribution of goodies were much appreciated.

In the US you buy your ticket for $20.
Then it's presumably 1st come 1st served.

In the US you buy your ticket for $20.
Then it's presumably 1st come 1st served.

The email or fax lines are opened from a certain time to a certain time, and yes first in get tickets they are allowed to bring up to 3 people far as I know and they also must pay. The event lasts two days.

They also do packages for staying in hotels having either lunch or evening with with the vendours for those who live further away. These of course will cost more the silver and gold packages are what I have read. But they have so many vendors its easy to have people at lots of tables, where there are spot prizes under chairs etc as well. Things like Clarisonics etc.

Last edited:
We were there on Friday, and this was the first time we've been able to attend. It was brilliant! Everyone was so friendly, especially Cathy from Prai, the A'kin lady, Leighton Denny, Jill ex- of Molton Brown (we had a really long and enlightening chat about all sorts of things) and George from La Coupe to name just a few :) Can't believe how much stuff we walked away with for nothing. My shower is nicely stocked for a few months to come! Mum got her photo taken with Leighton too at his request! Even though he had to leave for an appointment :D And he personally selected some products to give her as she hadn't had a goody bag. Had a nice chat with Claire and Alison too. Didn't win anything in the prize draw, but never mind :)

Because we were there in the last session, some of the stands had run out by the time we got to see them, so we didn't get anything from Elemis, which is a shame as I'm sure their bags had some nice stuff in. Liz Earle was disappointing too. Lulu's stand didn't seem to be getting much attention when we were there.

Does anyone have a link to the photos? I don't use twitter and wasn't able to find them using the link on the QVC website.

Many thanks to QVC for this. Mum is registered disabled so they arranged a convenient time for her to attend and parking practically outside the front door of the conference centre. If it wasn't for that we wouldn't have been able to go. It was a great day out and it gave mum a well needed boost :)

Last edited:
Just back. Had a great day. Much better than 2 yrs ago when I last attended.
Arrived to find Ali Y and Fiona(decleor) discussing which of the QVC models had had work done!! Ali Y was on good form and looked great.

Go on....spill the beans....I want to know if I am right!!!!

V envious of the LD manicure!

Sounds like you had a fab time.

Bet

Hi,
I was at the Beauty Bash with my daughter-in-law in the afternoon yesterday. It was much better than when we went 2 years ago. The refreshments were very nice and there was more than enough to go around. I had real trouble carrying my huge bag of freebies back to Euston. We walked to Trafalgar Square and hopped a bus to Euston from there - I travelled free with my over 60s bus pass! I agree with what sued. said - some brands were very generous compared with others. I did get some info:
Judith Williams is having a TSV in June. Ultrasun is havin a TSV in March/April and the next SBC TSV will contain a full size of the new warming Arnica gel.
It cost me about £40 in railfares to get to London via the Midlands, but I have combined the Beauty Bash with a visit to my son and family, so good value for money, I believe! My OH is driving down here after work today and driving me home on Sunday, so I only needed rail travel one way. Just as well, as they cancelled the train I booked from Newcastle to Derby on Wednesday and I had to get there on 2 different trains......still, I arrived eventually and I had a good book to read to pass the time, so I was OK.

:mysmilie_698::mysmilie_698::mysmilie_698:

Would be interested in the date of this TSV please, if it would be in time for the Easter school hols.

:mysmilie_12:

Not sure

Hi,
The Ultrasun lady was a bit vague - she thought it might be the 14th or the 17th of March or April. She was very friendly and confirmed the Ultrasun range is "one application lasts all day". There was a problem putting it on the products for a while due to a legal matter, but it was always so. She said that the parent company is Swiss and very cautious about claims on products being verified after changes in guidelines etc, which it now is.
:mysmilie_696::mysmilie_696::mysmilie_696:

Latest posts

Back