grotesque clothes?!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rainbowdottie

Registered Shopper
(Don't think I've spelt grotesque right - but you know what I mean!)

Watching an old What Not To Wear repeat yesterday - the latter series with Mica Paris - they were talking about what to wear to weddings.

Mica Paris went to this woman's house (whom they were trying to help) and opened a wardrobe to kim & Co outfits,Mostly complete outfits.

Mica Paris hated them so much she tried them all on - and commented how these "Grotesque clothes" should be burnt:mysmilie_17:

Hope this causes no offence to anyone - I do have the odd kim & Co lurking myself - but looking at it on mica paris in the cold light of day :mysmilie_34::mysmilie_17:

Watching an old What Not To Wear repeat yesterday - the latter series with Mica Paris - they were talking about what to wear to weddings.

Mica Paris went to this woman's house (whom they were trying to help) and opened a wardrobe to kim & Co outfits,Mostly complete outfits.

Mica Paris hated them so much she tried them all on - and commented how these "Grotesque clothes" should be burnt:mysmilie_17:

Hope this causes no offence to anyone - I do have the odd kim & Co lurking myself - but looking at it on mica paris in the cold light of day :mysmilie_34::mysmilie_17:

I saw the back end of that progrramme and am sorry that I missed the Kim and Co closet!! Mica Paris wears some pretty gortesque stuff herself so she need talk! The end results weren't that good either. Trinny and Susanna were miles better.

You can't offend me RainbowDottie, I'm perfectly confident in my choice of clothes, particularly the Kims. I agree with Almerinda, Mica Paris is no fashion plate!:mysmilie_61:

You can't offend me RainbowDottie, I'm perfectly confident in my choice of clothes, particularly the Kims. I agree with Almerinda, Mica Paris is no fashion plate!:mysmilie_61:

More often than not Mica Paris, though very pretty, looks like a man in drag.

I thought she had a great singing voice - until i saw her perform live at a festival.rubbish live and she had a real diva moment on stage!!!

I thought she had a great singing voice - until i saw her perform live at a festival.rubbish live and she had a real diva moment on stage!!!

:mysmilie_61: Mmm, I can well believe that. There are only a few who can REALLY sing these days obviously she isn't one of them. :mysmilie_697:

Ms Young is wearing what could pass for grotesque clothes in the perricone hour now. She has on lilac tights which makes her thighs look humongous! Topped off with a short shift dress and then a multi-coloured jacket! Just HORRIFIC!
Who is paying those prices for the Perricone items? Very pricey for not a lot of product! Lot of limited stocks/sell outs!

have to say I'm not really into skincare on qvc so don't tend to watch these type of hours..............................not really into AY either! (Can't stand the squeal)

I decided to wear a dark bottle green Kim & Co cardi the other day. It had been lurking in my wardrobe for months. Both hubby and teenage daughter stared at me and said "WHAT IS THAT YOU ARE WEARING!?"........don't think I will ever wear that item again.......40 odd quid too.
I have other stuff from Kim they haven't commented on ...but when I think about it they have also commented before.......doesn't do the old confidence much good. Sob!

:mysmilie_701:

its funny isn't it - what we think looks good and others dislike.I've had two or three kim & co tops and have worn them once and decided they're horrible - and actually do all the thing that kim says they don't ie cling! I've sold them on the bay and got quite decent money for them - as I do for most my qvc stuff.

I have one skirt still lurking about - a russian doll print - and I love the print so much it goes unworn sitting in my wardrobe - just because I love the print! Although i'm having a mega mega clearout and its on the verge of being listed.

I bought my nana one of her dresses and its honestly the best I've seen my nan look - although I feel shes a bit unsure about it.

I suppose like everything,its just about finding out what suits you :)

Think the trouble with Kim's stuff is when it's all worn together as an outfit, especially when the all the material she uses is stretchy, and her patterns can be garish and busy. You might have one of her floral tops, skirt and cardi/ jacket which would probably look nice teamed up with a pair of jeans, or another plain garment of in a different fabric, but when you're wearing the whole lot together, to me it just looks like you've gone out draped in your nan's curtains, which isn't the best look tbh.

One of the biggest problems with Kim's clothes (and I'll admit, I do occassionally like a few of her bits) is the price, they're ridiculously overpriced for what they are, and knowing for the same price as one of her tops you could go into marks and get something of far superior quality, possibly a decent skirt with a lining, I know where I'd rather spend my money!

Anyone know how I'd get to see this please ?
I've checked iplayer and youtube with no sucess.

:mysmilie_687:

at the endof the day personally i dont rate Mica paris as a style guru either

The thing with clothes is that if you see a celeb or a model wearing something (something that could even be hideous on a normal person) then it automatically validifys it. It all depends on who is wearing it and how. Fashion is one thing (to paraphrase Oscar Wilde, fashion is so ugly that it has to be changed every six months) style is quite another thing altogether.
Speaking of which, I caught a snippet of the Quacker factory outlet last night with Pipa. She was absolutely hyper!!! She and the guest presenter were talking over each other in the most hysterical way, it was tantamount to unbearable!
I also saw a bit of the Kim and Co outlet the other day. They had poor old Jane Catherine in a hideous fern print top and skirt that, as well as being garish in the extreme (white, bright yellow, bright greeen and brown), was way too big for her. It really was the most awful print ever; worse than the firework print in my opinion and that is saying something. Poor lass, she looked positively distraught.

Latest posts

Back