not the real thing! but...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm almost 50, grew up with both my Mum and both S-mum's had real 2+ carat diamonds, me naaa; sorry but if me and they can't tell :mysmilie_11:

but I have had my "diamonte" whatever complemented on; from a BIG fake bought 12 yrs ago and still being worn to a newish QVC one; I now alternate them, the original fake keeps needing re-setting, but then so would a real diamond, and at worst I loose a couple of quid of stone; less than the bit the insurance expect you to pay

One of my school friends is a jeweller, you need a light box to tell the difference :mysmilie_11: sorry I can find better things to spend the money on,

I bought a pair of either 14 ct or 18 ct Diamonique earrings a few years. They are studs but the bar (can't think of the proper word) is at the edge of the earrings rather than in the centre which I don't really like. I have seen a nice pair which look centred. I have real ones too but they are so tiny they can hardly be seen (might also help if I cleaned them more often).

As others have said, if you go for believable sizes then it looks real. I personall prefer yellow gold and I agree that some of the pieces are now at an unrealistic price for pretendy jewels.

I've started collecting the coloured stones. I don't necessarily think that the stones look like the real deal and I can't stand the pink or yellow ones but love the sapphire/tanzanite type although they have to be of a certain style. I think diamoneeeeek is very good for the settings (as I've written before) and as the silver is so well priced it doesn't matter if you change your choice of style they are still affordable. Love the off centre posts too and the bigger the stone the better.

The trouble I have is,is that I don't like coloured gems - fake or otherwise.So its only diamonds.............................or diamoneeeeek for me.............so ok,its only diamoneeeeeeeeeeek for me :)

:mysmilie_698: its dimoneeeek everytime for me, most peeps think i am loaded and only once has anyone challenged me and it was a snoty jeweller. he sneered and said he could spot cubic zircona a mile of, to which i replied 'yes and i am glad you can because therefore you will recognise i wear fake because my ethics and conscience would never allow me to wear a stone where another human being may have been treated badly in a mine to produce a bauble for myself therefore unless you can name the mining company and their policies towards their mine workers then i will not be purchasing from here' luckily he was too gob smacked to raise the issue of goldmine workers, which hubs pointed out to me, though he reasures me gold miners fare much better than gem miners. so from that day i actually think of the workers behind my purchases though sadly i think diamoneeeek is produced in china.

i did actually email qvc about this but never got anything other than 'forwared to relevant department'

You go girl. Brilliant comeback.

Wish I could remember such a good statement but I always forget those things when they are really needed. Glad you puy said snot bag in their place. When people like them say things like that I always jump on my high horse and refuse to shop in that store again. :mysmilie_82:

Latest posts

Back