ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

shushkin!

Registered Shopper
I have been looking at QVCs diamoneek 18k gold rings. I have
until now never been tempted. Do you think you can really get away
at passing them off as real diamonds. I guess it depends on the design
of the ring of course!
I would appreciate the advise of any diamoneek owners out there.
Are the rings well made or do the stones drop out after one session
of doing the washing up in your marigolds? I have seen some disappointing
reviews of the gold bonded silver jewellery. The gold rubbing off in no time.

Cheers

I have been looking at QVCs diamoneek 18k gold rings. I have
until now never been tempted. Do you think you can really get away
at passing them off as real diamonds. I guess it depends on the design
of the ring of course!
I would appreciate the advise of any diamoneek owners out there.
Are the rings well made or do the stones drop out after one session
of doing the washing up in your marigolds? I have seen some disappointing
reviews of the gold bonded silver jewellery. The gold rubbing off in no time.

Cheers

I haven't got much stuff and what I have is in silver BUT it has lasted well. No complaints at all.
I think some of the simple solitaires are very pretty.

I only buy the silver or platinum clad Diamonique and I know that others have spoken about things happening to theirs but I have nothing but praise for mine. I wear a diamonique eternity ring and "engagement" ring as my proper ones have had to be cut off twice due to accidents. It was getting very expensive to have them repaired so now I stay with the fakes. They are often admired and I wear them 24/7 and have done for at least 10 years.My hands are in and out of water and cleaning materials and I never take them off. The eternity ring will have to be replaced shortly as the band is wearing a bit thin at the back, but, as it was less than 20 pounds I'm not too worried. I have large stud earrings which I wear a great deal and have had them several years too. I have other pieces but don't wear them nearly as often.
I think you should at least give it a try if there's something you like and send it back if you are disappointed.

I bought in the past a few 14 and 18ct gold pieces. They are of very good quality and have had no problems whatsoever. Of course, I would not buy too many pieces with fake stones on. I did over two years ago, as they were exceptionally priced for gold. That's a third of the price now sold on QVC and imo they do not represent good value anymore.
I am not sure if they would pass for the real thing as stones are too big.

Last edited:
My engagement ring broke a while back.I got it repaired but was terribly worried about it happenong again (its quite ornate) I bought myself a gold solatire (sp) and was around £50 at the time (their gold diamonique seems hugely expensive at the mo?)

It sits really well with my gold wedding band and my real diamond eternity.I wouldn't know the difference had it been a present - and although its more "bling" than my real engagement - its quite small so very believable.

Its lasted in terms of being worn daily and immersed in everything.One of the clwas has broke but I even remember catching it in a door at the time - so I would say thats my fault rather than poor quality.

I have some gold diamonique studs and they're fab.no probs at all with them.

I did buy a platinum clad set and they made my fingers green within days and can visibly see the clad coming off.

I have two 14ct white gold diamonique rings, they have small stones one channel set the other swiss set. They are at least 8 years old and look as good as when I bought them, the gold hasn't faded and they look real.

Admit to not being a big fan of diamonds, I prefer the coloured gems.

Less is more with Diamonique. Years and years ago when it first came out I loved it and went a bit mad buying it. Then I went through a stage of hating it because it was fake so got rid of it all.
Recently I've come to appreciate it again through buying a couple of Tacori pieces with small stones in and some silver stuff as well as some Veronese DQ.
It's very durable and believable and I think the stones have improved from what they were like. They don't seem to pick up every bit of grease like they used to, at least the small stones seem to twinkle away, not so sure about the large stones though:mysmilie_698:

I wear a 1ct diamoique 18ct gold ring with my real wedding and eternity rings and it looks fine. I lost a diamond from my real engagement ring and when it came back from the insurance company it had been valued, now I dare not wear it except for special occasions.

I have a few diamonique pieces that have worn really well. Most are either coloured or small stones and I've not had any problems with my Ephiphany clad ring either. However, I did buy a gold solitaire emerald cut 1ct ring some years ago and I can't wear it now. It looks sort of misted up inside, no doubt with water somehow getting in and it was a bit disappointing as I didn't wear it much before that happened.

I have a few pieces - my holiday jewellery- and they have stood the test of time. I recommend stones up to a carat. whenever I have tried larger stones I have always felt that they don't actually look like the real thing but I think this is to do with the settings rather than the actual stones. The settings are not s substantial as you would get with large diamonds.
for coloured stones the fake tanzanites are pretty good.:mysmilie_82:

I treated myself to a gold Diamonique three-stone 'engagement ring' when I was preg with my son and my fingers swelled up too much to wear my own engagement ring. I still wear the fake one every now and then because it's so pretty, and I think if you don't look too closely or if you don't feel its weight you'd never think it wasn't real diamonds, especially because the stones are all fairly small (about 0.5ct) and they are of course set into real gold.

I also have a few pieces of silver Diamonique, mostly with coloured stones, but I bought them as just fun, pretty pieces, as no-one would believe that I was wearing a real +2ct gemstone with diamonds anyway! :p

I've never had a problem with any of the Diamonique pieces, they all seem to be pretty hard-wearing, and don't lose their sparkle. I do think that some of the pieces are terribly overpriced for what is in effect paste, but if you see something that's within your budget and that you can see yourself getting some wear out of, I totally recommend it.

I've got a really believable sized one in 14ct gold Ive had for about 5 years, worn pretty much every day and it still passes as real. Never been questioned. Can't fault it.

every piece of diamonique i have bought has been exceptional and i have pieces that i have had since qvc first went on air.
i have 14ct gold that i wear every single day in 1ct sloitaire and full etrenity bands..
i also have some silver and platinum clad and all are exceptional..
i do buy most stuff in clearance so that i can have a wider coice!:mysmilie_82:

I find it to be very good quality and think they do some lovely designs in the silver range. As to the believitabilty factor, well, the smaller stones are pretty convincing, but I think the contxt that they are worn in adds to the realism, i.e. I don't dress like someone who would be able to afford top quality diamonds!

TVM

Thanks for the responses. They are much appreciated.
I think I will treat myself then if I see anything in the clearance.
I want something I can wear everyday instead of my engagement
ring as I am too nervous of damaging or losing it.

Go for it, Shushkin! You could even treat yourself to a range of different new engagement rings, that would be fun. If your wedding band is white gold, you've got loads and loads to choose from, and they're all pretty believable. My wedding band is yellow gold so I'm a bit more restricted, because even in clearance the prices are a bit too much to justify for occasional treats.

I'd love to see what you decide to get.

I've never had a problem with any of the Diamonique pieces, they all seem to be pretty hard-wearing, and don't lose their sparkle. I do think that some of the pieces are terribly overpriced for what is in effect paste,

I think that saying they are paste is a bit mean. Zircon is an element and the stones are real, except not real diamonds,tanzanite or anything else they are made into. In fact I think they're very versatile in their ability to be made into other simulated stones.

I bought a rose gold scatter band and one of the stones did fall out, but I have many pieces of diamonique and in many metals and have had this problem only once. I wear diamonique every day as well and prefer it to some of the other rings I have because they are not only hard wearing but alos the designs are usually more interesting. I agree with the fact that at the moment they are not necessarily god value for money especially those in gold but clearance does offer some great pieces and are well worth the look.

Shocking I know!

Well, this is what I went for. I have to say it is not a QVC ring.
I love the design.

my new ring.JPG

I have an epiphany clad and absolutely love it. I wear it on my right hand so it gets a lot of wear and tear! It has never lost it's lovely shine after 6 years and the stones really twinkle. I really want an epiphany clad, princess cut diamonique eternity ring but so far haven't seen anything like that in the range but keep looking!

Latest posts

Back