Northern Nights - What on Earth Possessed Me.......?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bought not but two of these:

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.828513.cm_scid.crt

on the strength of the 25 5* reviews stating 'pure opulence', 'soft as silk', 'quality all the way', 'so luxurious', etc. etc.

Eh? Well, whatever bedding these people have got, it sure as hell isn't the same as mine! 'Soft as silk'.......is scratchy & uncomfortable & has an unpleasant warmth to the fabric more akin to polycotton than Egyptian cotton!

So here I am at 5.30 in the morning, both OH & I been up since 4am, (OH amusing himself baking a cake! lol), unable to sleep as the grotty stuff is so hot & uncomfortable!

I can only presume the 25 reviewers previously slept on the dreaded 'high street' bedding......or possibly hessian sacking......or one of those old-fashioned jute horse rugs you used to get......! lol
Gah! Over 20 quid in p&p both ways it's going to cost me to return this cheap, thin, overheating, scratchy pile of tat! :mysmilie_73:

Never again will I whinge about the cost of the real high end stuff & intend to go straight out & get some lovely lovely new Yves Delorme asap & never be swayed again to try anything else.....ever!

Rant over! lol

Aw kitten I feel for you - I like NN but that sounds awful.Other than complaining and sending it back don't know what to suggest really x

have QVC (or anywhere else) confirmed this is the case? i know there was a thread about this subject recently which seemed to get a bit confused. i'll be interested to know as my interpretation was you wouldn't get p&p in these circumstances.

Lexxy, the one unopened one definitely qualifies under the DSRs, the other one is pushing it a bit as I have put it on the bed! lol

9.4 You also have a statutory right to cancel your purchase. If you wish to cancel you must tell us in writing, by telephone, fax or email (please see our webform at www.qvcuk.com for email cancellations) within 7 working days from the day after the date on which the product is delivered. You should keep evidence of having given your cancellation notice, such as a certificate of posting. You must take reasonable care of the product and you should return the product to us (at your own risk and cost) within 7 working days of notifying us of your cancellation. The product must be returned unused (except to the extent use was reasonably necessary to examine the product). Please return the product with its original packaging............We will refund the purchase price of the product together with the delivery charge you paid to receive the product.

I will have to pay the p&p to return it unless, as SuziQ did I can persuade them to come fetch it, have the courier pick it up!
I have in fact returned a couple of other items to QVC, which I felt had been misrepresented or misdescribed & had my original p&p refunded!
(One had incorrect measurements, different to those stated on air & one had not made it clear that parts of it were from a different manufacturer!)

DSRs are part of UK law & available to everybody!
(Same if you buy from a business seller on ebay on a BIN, auctions & private sellers don't count.)

:mysmilie_348: Kitten, what a bummer! I would definitely see about getting a prepaid label from qvc, as someone suggested...... You just wouldn`t expect that from high end, `soft as silk` bedlinen....... Just tell them in no way did you expect such supposedly luxurious bedlinen to feel like that & its not a case of you changing your mind....... You are VERY unhappy with the quality & would like a prepaid label (or else!!..lol)

Ive had a feather bed, 1 flannel duvet set (about 3 years ago) & a 300 thread count set (about 3 years ago) from NN...... Ive not used the flannel in about 2 years, may even have chucked it...... I wouldn`t buy anymore bedlinen from NN...... Its overpriced & getting more expensive all the time....... The last duvet set I got was before Christmas, a Cath Kidston one, purely because of the pretty print, but I love it...... So bugger NN....... & you get your prepaid label Kitten, stamp your paw if you have to! lol..... :mysmilie_696:

The last duvet set I got was before Christmas, a Cath Kidston one, purely because of the pretty print, but I love it...... So bugger NN....... & you get your prepaid label Kitten, stamp your paw if you have to! lol..... :mysmilie_696:

Y'know Daisy, generally I detest twee, flowery stuff but there is just something about the Cath Kidston 'country cottage chic' patterns that make me go 'Ooooh, pwetty!' lol

And I will stamp my paw.....I so will!

I really like our down duvet from NN its so light but really warm we even use it when camping in our Coleman tent snug with the bugs!!!!

i have to agree with all the negative stuff said about nn. the quality is very poor in fact i dont think the high street would get away with selling this stuff.
the only thing it has going for it is that it is cotton but i have poly cotton that is much nicer than this.

alos i have found that you cannot wash it on a say 60 degree wash as it has such cheap fibres it shrinks and the elastic in the fitted sheet goes after a couple of washes and the fabric is flimsy,cheap and nasty not soft as the presenters keep saying..

and the wishy washy colours you need many sets of this inferior product wheras if you buy quality from the high steet it last 8-10 years

and the creasing is quite extraordinary....

also the quilts who sells quilts with no tog value
john lewis do both tog and fill power.

and the feather beds leak and have not enough filling...
all sales talk from qvc sell this product!
:mysmilie_73:

interesting thread (will resist urge to make a terrible pun!) I have been very tempted by the feather beds, will not get one now, think will save up for a new mattress instead. I have also had lovely bedding from Matalan and also off our local market. The market double set was only £12 so I thought if it was rubbish I would not be too upset and it turned out to be brilliant quality. Think the moral here is don't believe the hype and shop around if you can.

I got a down duvet from TK Maxx.. hungarian goose down, at a far better price than I would get from NN, 'tho I do love my NN flannel in the winter

I actually like the high thread count NN stuff but wish they did more sheet sets as we are sheets and blankets, not duvets people. I don'y like ANYBODY's flannel sheets, too hot and itchy.

i don't rate NN pillows and featherbeds: the pillows are flat as a pancake and the featherbed looses feathers from day1, is very itchy, and becomes extremely heavy after a couple of months.

I have a couple of 320 TC sets and flannel sets, and they are lovely. I purchased them more than 4 yrs ago, and the quality is very good as they still look great, and never had problems with the flannel as it never has shed.
I have high TC sets from TK maxx, Harrods (in sale), and even Yves Delormes sets, and the NN sets are good value. They are soft and silky and wash well on 60degrees. I think that recently their standards are dropping as there have been problems with the flannel and the TC sets, which puts me off buying anymore.(but I have enough sets to last me a lifetime!)

I do kinda like NN I only every use there stuff on my bed now and there flannel in warm and cosy. I have a feather bed too which I have had for several years and is still going strong I just get it dry cleaned every 6 months which cost me £10 a time.

I have a few of there 350/300 tc sets and always wash them first with fabric softener and then stick them in the tumble dryer and they come up lovely.
I have never had any of this tc that are scratchy so maybe its that particular design? I would ring them and explain that your not happy and I'm sure they will send you a returns label.

I'm on my second featherbed - love them (probably helped by the fact it only cost £19 from the outlet store).

I only have NN bedding - I've not had problems with any of it. The fleece & flannel is cosy & warm in winter, & the high thread count stuff is good for the summer as it is cold. I've had no problems with shrinkage, elastic going on sheets, etc. I'm quite happy in my opinion.

Always wash sheets before using them the first time - maybe that could be the problem?! I don't have a tumble drier and I don't use fabric conditioners and this works for me - in fact, I wash everything I buy new before I wear them the first time because of the 'dressing' or whatever they have in them that make them itchy (except wool sweaters - because they don't touch my skin or socks - because who cares about those put on new). Not meaning to be insulting if that's what most of you always do, but thought I'd mention it because I could imagine some people just open a new packet of sheets and just put them on the bed.

I must have the hide of an elephant as I really like the few sets of NN that I have. Its getting softer and softer with washing and keeps me cool despite my hot flushes. I did wonder about the texture of the jaquard ones though and whether you would feel it against your skin.

Bet

I bought the last TSV- 350 thread count in an ivory print. I like it, it is very smart although if you are a 'rough sleeper' :mysmilie_701: I think it could crease easily. I never dreamt to wash it before it went on the bed and I have extremely sensitive skin.....must say I thought I felt a prickle or two the first night:mysmilie_17:

I have ordered another duvet set on easy pays...I think they are good value when you add up what it would cost for each item.

Always wash sheets before using them the first time - maybe that could be the problem?! I don't have a tumble drier and I don't use fabric conditioners and this works for me - in fact, I wash everything I buy new before I wear them the first time because of the 'dressing' or whatever they have in them that make them itchy (except wool sweaters - because they don't touch my skin or socks - because who cares about those put on new). Not meaning to be insulting if that's what most of you always do, but thought I'd mention it because I could imagine some people just open a new packet of sheets and just put them on the bed.

I have pretty sensitive skin, but have never washed anything that's brand new, and specially wouldn't with bed linen, guess it's a good idea though, but quite frankly I couldn't be bothered with all the hassle, I guess I'm a lazy cow...but there's nowt like putting on a box fresh set of sheets and a duvet cover, but to have to wash it and iron it first, I just couldn't be doing with it!

I also like my NN sheet sets and have no problems with itching or sweating etc. I always wash new sheet sets because the factories can be very dusty and although you can't see the irritants, the sheets are exposed to the dust, other people's skin cells, mites and so on - yuck! I also love the smell of freshly laundered cotton.

I also like my NN sheet sets and have no problems with itching or sweating etc. I always wash new sheet sets because the factories can be very dusty and although you can't see the irritants, the sheets are exposed to the dust, other people's skin cells, mites and so on - yuck! I also love the smell of freshly laundered cotton.

You've convinced me! LOL!

Latest posts

Back