Northern Nights - What on Earth Possessed Me.......?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Never tried NN bed linen except for some deep fitted sheets that go over my Tempur mattress topper with plenty of room to spare, so I would recommended them for that reason. My biggest mistake was buying a NN featherbed which was lovely to sink into for about a week but soon became lumpy and bumpy no matter how often I shook the damn thing, so in the end I gave it away to a friend for their dog's bed. What a bliddy waste of money. :mysmilie_81: Plus I find it hard to watch Susie Adams and her horrendous false nails stroking and caressing and plumping....it's quite obscene I tell ya!! :mysmilie_701:

She's just getting some practice in for the really thing.:mysmilie_17:
They keep banging on about only having buttons on their duvets, but I received a set with poppers on. I just kept it though.:mysmilie_73:

I am really surprised by your responses as I have had NN ever since I bought the superking size bed 6 years ago. I returned one set, which incidentally was made in Pakistan, because of appalling stitching. But apart from that I have 6 sets, plus a sheet set, and love them. Admittedly I do always find out where they are made...preferring the US, then China as hey are often a heavier weight cotton and a much superier finish. But I don't buy the sets that are all one price across the range...they are generally the 'cheaper' made...finish and weave.
Initally, I only could afford one set and that was washed, tumbled or line dried, then ironed and back on the bed that night for quite a while and is still going strong, even though I managed to cut two 'V' shapes in the fitted sheet!!! (I think I was doing some craft stuff in bed on one of my bad days) But I left them alone and three/four years on they have not got bigger, nor frayed anymore...and yes the set has got softer the more it has been washed. (That one was made in China)
The only other make of bedding I have is Sheridan...when TK Maxx sells it off!! But their fitted sheets won't fit my mattress with featherbed topper...but use them on the singe beds.
If we all loved one thing, then there would be no need for choice of makers, designers etc. Whilst I do listen and read everyone's comments on here, I do also order things and make up my own mind, because opinions are subjective.

I made the mistake of buying a NN down duvet - it cost a lot of money - but it is such a dreadful purchase and has no warmth at all. I have had down duvets for years (another make) and only changed them as I felt we had had them too long. I thought perhpas it was just a fluke so ordered another and it was even worse. I don't think there could be more than 2-3 feathers in them. Also the covering is such thin rubbish. I hate them and can't believe I wasted so much money.

I have a Northern Nights Duvet and I love it...warm as toast and no heavy weight on my legs.
I also have some bedding I am very happy with.

We've got a feather bed thingy, had it for about 5 years and it's shedding feathers like mad now:mysmilie_73:

ps. Asda do a lovely fitted sheet in their budget range for around £2.80, fine it you wash it first:mysmilie_82:

I am really surprised by your responses as I have had NN ever since I bought the superking size bed 6 years ago. I returned one set, which incidentally was made in Pakistan, because of appalling stitching. But apart from that I have 6 sets, plus a sheet set, and love them. Admittedly I do always find out where they are made...preferring the US, then China as hey are often a heavier weight cotton and a much superier finish. But I don't buy the sets that are all one price across the range...they are generally the 'cheaper' made...finish and weave.
Initally, I only could afford one set and that was washed, tumbled or line dried, then ironed and back on the bed that night for quite a while and is still going strong, even though I managed to cut two 'V' shapes in the fitted sheet!!! (I think I was doing some craft stuff in bed on one of my bad days) But I left them alone and three/four years on they have not got bigger, nor frayed anymore...and yes the set has got softer the more it has been washed. (That one was made in China)
The only other make of bedding I have is Sheridan...when TK Maxx sells it off!! But their fitted sheets won't fit my mattress with featherbed topper...but use them on the singe beds.
If we all loved one thing, then there would be no need for choice of makers, designers etc. Whilst I do listen and read everyone's comments on here, I do also order things and make up my own mind, because opinions are subjective.

totally agree. it's the country of manufacture thats the key.

thats a bit of a cop out nn is a vast range and the quality should be con sistent i.e only sell quality weight bedding that looks and feels luxurios.
on the whole the high street does this better than qvc!

thats a bit of a cop out nn is a vast range and the quality should be con sistent i.e only sell quality weight bedding that looks and feels luxurios.
on the whole the high street does this better than qvc!

i agree boffy it should be consistent across the range but it isnt. there are some gems in the NN range though.

Latest posts

Back