QVC Outlet Stores

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

pink

Registered Shopper
Has anyone ever been to one of these stores? and if so how big are they?

There are two in this country, one is Shrewsbury and the other in Warrington. Can't say how big Shrewsbury is as haven't been. Warrington is (I believe) the smaller of the two. One thing you can say is that unlike a conventional shop, you cannot guarantee the shop will have your favourite. A rule of thumb I use is 3-4 weeks after something has appeared on the show, it could start making an appearance in Warrington. The outlets sell returns and end of lines.

I have been lucky with some of my buys over the last couple of years but it is a case of buyer beware. People aren't adverse to returning cookware and not cleaning it properly and I also saw some "Feminine stained" Carol Hochmann pyjamas! Have also been present when some not terribly polite snatching has gone on, but I guess its just part of the course.

i have been to both...warrington is indeed the MUCH smaller of the 2.....shrewsbury staff are polite & god help them if not...i founf warrington staff not as nice BUT we were new faces.......shouldnt matter...did feel like we were intruding there. we shop & have got lots of bargains from shrewsbury though......NN bedding..cooks esentials [ new unused ].....we have had printers still in packaging etc etc etc.......there is a lot of tatt too but that i think can apply to most shops......i have seen cig burns on items.....they have obviosly been sent back when someones bought a kim & co skirt at a hellish price & then put their fag in it.....then sent it back for a refund...if these are pointed out to staff they go in the rags.....
lorriane said the truth about wait 3 -4 week before trying to find it...also go ready for a long trawl through....theres a cafe next door & parking below......

I have been to both. Shrewsbury is slightly bigger and 'generally' has better stock than Warrington - but it is very hit and miss as it all depends on what as been returned or has been on air.

I have also got some very good bargains but they also have some absolute crap.

I went on saturday and they had quite a few pairs of emu boots but they were either small or large sizes. They had feather bed sets, feather bed, duvet and pillows for just over £20. They had lots of 'fashion' but i never look at this. They had some steam presse's for £60. They had just finished stock taking so their stocks were on the low side.

I bought NN king size flannel duvet set for £12. I also got a set of the silicone cookware for £8. Both were brand new.

In the past I have got slankets - £6. Smashbox tsv's with the halo for £12 instead of nearly £40. NN 300 thread count sheet set £8. Set of 4 NN pillows for £20. All brand new as I would not buy second hand.

crikey rosey girl you got some super duper bargains there.....never seen the halo sets bummer....NN300 for under a tenner.....wot a bargain is that....
i always make sure the sheets are the unopened packs...imagine someone else.......yuck.......dont........shudder.....

crikey rosey girl you got some super duper bargains there.....never seen the halo sets bummer....NN300 for under a tenner.....wot a bargain is that....
i always make sure the sheets are the unopened packs...imagine someone else.......yuck.......dont........shudder.....

I got there one day just as they were opening this box which contained the Smashbox sets - they had about 20 sets of medium halo tsv's all brand new and sealed. Wish I had bought several.

I always make sure that everything is new and sealed. Same as you I wouldn't like to imagine.......:mysmilie_374:

I've had quite a few bedding bargains from the Warrington store: featherbed £19, & a few bedding sets (all new & unopened) for between £15 & £20. Had a couple of pairs of birkenstocks too for £9 per pair. But as the others say - there's a lot of tat too!

I go to the Warrington shop quite a lot and like veryone else has said you can get some cracking bargains but also there's a lot of cack too. I've had a few of the NN bedding sets - Ive never paid full price for one. Got NN feather pillows for all our beds once as they were selling them off for £5 each, and a feather bed for my little boys bed for £15. Ive had birkenstocks, kipling bags, pans, Oh and I got one of those clickfree computer backup things for £30, which are £100ish on the telly. Allsorts really.
Having said that I did go about a week and a half ago and it was cacker than cack. Had nothing at all apart from vile clothes.

I have driven up from Southampton to Shrewsbury twice (I have a very understanding husband who allows me to make a weekend of it!).
We have had a featherbed for a tenner and loads and loads of craft stuff and Birkenstocks and odd bits of jewellery. But beware: although the craft stuff says "do not open" on all the packets, it's worth asking the friendly staff to do this for you. Often, people kick the arse out of the 30day mbg on craft and have used a huge amount! That said, I have got some fantastic fantastic bargains, but am just discerning about what I buy. Also bear in mind that all stock at the outlets also qualifies for the 30day mbg, so it's win win, really. I took some stuff back to our hotel, thought better of it and took it back for a refund next morning-no hassle, no questions, just really friendly and helpful staff.
Can't speak for Warrington-have never been.

I live in Shrewsbury and been to the shop many a time. They get stock in on a daily basis and so it is very hit or miss that they have what you want.

You have to get passed the ebayer's who are always looking for bargains. The stock is not very well stacked on the shelves? they do have a central display for jewellery and other goods.

Size wise I would say that Shrewsbury is a standard retail shop in the average shopping centre. About 1/6 of the size of a Sainsbury's. Larger than I would expect it to be.

Never been to the one in Warrington, but like Ikea and M&S that is there.

Latest posts

Back