Anne Dawson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No excuse for not having those bottom knashers cleaned though.
yuk.gif

I did hear a certain male presenter (not Charlie) saying about having his shirts made!! I think they can be a little bit insensitive chattering on and on about their new houses, holidays etc. Some of us did not have a holiday last year!!

One of my pet hates is when they witter on rather than actually tell you about the item :mysmilie_73: The grooming might not be a success and she looks like she may enjoy a drink and a ciggy but still much prefer her to some of the other prim and proper madams - mention no names but they begin with 'C'!

"fishwife" was a word previously used by you about old dawbags if i remember correctly phil! :mysmilie_11:

i remember it 'cos it tickled me for days :mysmilie_61:

I'm Scottish but I'm afraid I can't stand her accent. She's one I definitely have to switch off, sorry Anne. :mysmilie_411::

I saw\heard her on Saturday wafting on about her two holidays and thought "wow those presenters must get paid a lot", then she carried on and on about it and I switched off.

I was very surprised to read (on Alison Keenan's blog) that Ann Dawson will be fifty soon. Can't believe it! Kathy Taylor is also fifty this year. Surely Jilly must be nearing fifty too.

What a difference in wear and tear, especially when you add Debbie Greenwood to the mix!

One of my pet hates is when they witter on rather than actually tell you about the item :mysmilie_73: The grooming might not be a success and she looks like she may enjoy a drink and a ciggy but still much prefer her to some of the other prim and proper madams - mention no names but they begin with 'C'!

:mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17:
a woman after me own heart:mysmilie_12:

You're lucky you only had to hear her wittering on about her hols,there was a time when he had to hear about her husband the doctor every 5 minutes.
I don't or rather can't watch her anymore,I find her teeth too offensive.

Yeah it's totally tactless when they go on at any length about their holidays or some of the stuff they have; they are in the business of punting an aspirational telly viewing experience, but step over the line when they rub our faces in what they themselves have actually achieved - maybe it's a line easily stepped over when you're full of the joys... but their professionalism should always be on the alert to avoid doing this (I think I've identified a training need... ).

And as for old Annio's gnashers, well, while I'm not in favour of totally characterless plastic Hollywood smiles, there is a happy medium: when you're appearing on telly you should get your teeth whitened a bit if they need it and deal with any downright wonkiness in that area. For goodness sake, with the money they make, they should be spending it on their appearance and not on friggin holidays and tat. (Boss, sticking head round dressing room door/catching Ann in the staff canteen just as she is opening her mouth to take a huge bite out of her dripping bacon buttie: "Ann, love, sorry to interrupt, but are you free for lunch today? I'd like to introduce you to my friend Sukie, who's an Image Consultant, not that that's of any... errrmm... and her partner who's a Den... Can you make it?")

Yeah it's totally tactless when they go on at any length about their holidays or some of the stuff they have; they are in the business of punting an aspirational telly viewing experience, but step over the line when they rub our faces in what they themselves have actually achieved - maybe it's a line easily stepped over when you're full of the joys... but their professionalism should always be on the alert to avoid doing this (I think I've identified a training need... ).

And as for old Annio's gnashers, well, while I'm not in favour of totally characterless plastic Hollywood smiles, there is a happy medium: when you're appearing on telly you should get your teeth whitened a bit if they need it and deal with any downright wonkiness in that area. For goodness sake, with the money they make, they should be spending it on their appearance and not on friggin holidays and tat. (Boss, sticking head round dressing room door/catching Ann in the staff canteen just as she is opening her mouth to take a huge bite out of her dripping bacon buttie: "Ann, love, sorry to interrupt, but are you free for lunch today? I'd like to introduce you to my friend Sukie, who's an Image Consultant, not that that's of any... errrmm... and her partner who's a Den... Can you make it?")

I don't think that it is a question of just whitening; Ann looks like she has receding gums. However, she could do something about that.

If she's got receding gums, she should definitely get that looked at. Don't know what they actually do about that, but a hygenist would advise.

to me she is the most unwatchable presenter, her voice grates on me beyond belief. I now don't watch any show she presents as if do i find myself shouting obscenities at the TV.

Latest posts

Back