post and packing charges

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I need to send two lots of NN bedding and I remember someone saying on a thread about a courier service with a charge of £6.99 but I can't remember the name of the service....

Do any of you know what I am talking about????

P+P has to be part of the deciding factor for me when making purchases. I always do a search for what I want online and compare prices (cost of item plus P+P) before buying.
Sometimes it's a bargain and other times it's not.

They should be forced to display the total cost including packaging and not separate the two on screen.

I also don't like it when they sometimes show a split payment making it out like the item costs £40 instead of 3*£40 (£120). You have to wait for the onscreen graphics to change that makes this clear.

They could at the very least offer one p&p if ordering more than one of the same item even if it is a different colour or size.

I need to send two lots of NN bedding and I remember someone saying on a thread about a courier service with a charge of £6.99 but I can't remember the name of the service....

Do any of you know what I am talking about????

Ring QVC and tell them its to heavy for you to walk to the post office with and be nice, and they will send someone to collect it from you.

I think they use the high p&p to ofset the fact that some people use whatever it is for 29 days then send it back. (Not anyone on this forum I hasten to add) :mysmilie_697:

I am in the middle of an email 'discussion' with QVC over P&P costs but they keep deliberately keep misunderstanding my question and answering something I havent even asked.

They say it goes by weight and size but I know this isnt true as in the past I have bought two completely different rings of the same weight and size, both delivered in identical packaging but one costing £1.00 more than the other.

However now, I am having trouble finding a similar example to give them. If any one is browsing the QVC website and notices anything at all of similar weight and size to another item with different P&P prices, please could you let me know.

I havent even bought from them for ages but have seen the odd thing I would like but refuse to pay over the odds just to get it to me.

I know I cant possibly win this one but I'm like a dog with a bone and cant let go yet:mysmilie_73:

Thanks

Bet

Watching a silver show yesterday,Dale was making a huge thing about the P&P - yes you pay £2.95 etc but you have to think about petrol/parking charges,car park charges etc.....

Wonder if he's been reading this thread considering P&P is a no mention area :)

The parking etc just does not wash, take the example of my recent shopping trip. Return tram fare £2 70p, shops visited 4, items purchsed 14, lunch in cheap cafe doing offer of free coffee with every sandwich £3. So my little outing cost me £5 70p on top of the cost of the 14 items I bought. I dread to think what the cost of 14 things being sent out to me from QVC would cost, At a minimum it would be £34 30p assuming the lowest charge of £2 45p. And I enjoyed looking round the shops!!

I am in the middle of an email 'discussion' with QVC over P&P costs but they keep deliberately keep misunderstanding my question and answering something I havent even asked.

They say it goes by weight and size but I know this isnt true as in the past I have bought two completely different rings of the same weight and size, both delivered in identical packaging but one costing £1.00 more than the other.

However now, I am having trouble finding a similar example to give them. If any one is browsing the QVC website and notices anything at all of similar weight and size to another item with different P&P prices, please could you let me know.

I havent even bought from them for ages but have seen the odd thing I would like but refuse to pay over the odds just to get it to me.

I know I cant possibly win this one but I'm like a dog with a bone and cant let go yet:mysmilie_73:

Thanks

Bet

Good for you - I think that QVC makes a substantial chunk of overall profit from the hideous P&P charges. The charges, plus the fact that they just don't seem to offer good value anymore, has really affected my shopping with them. Every now and then, I will write a review on QVCUK.com, and I always give them a low grade for their P&P charges, and mention it.

If other companies can offer lower charges, and reduced charges for multiple items, I really don't see why Britain's so-called No 1 Shopping channel can't do the same. No 1 fleecing channel, more like!

I have a real love hat relationship with QVC right now!

Thanks

Bet

I emailed qvc about two spanx tops, one had more fabric in it than the other ie. more vest shaped than camisole. This was over a year ago. The camisole had more p&p. I got a reply that didnt answer my question. I see now that they both have the same p&p.

Ring QVC and tell them its to heavy for you to walk to the post office with and be nice, and they will send someone to collect it from you.

Thanks, but should have said I was sending them to my sister in Ipswich...got them from Warrington!!! We normally meet up at the end of January for my other sister's birthday who sadly is no longer with us...but this year neither of us has been well and we can't cope with the 4 hour drive.

The P&P charges are down right crazy. You certainly wouldnt call QVC very green or environmently friendly with the amount of packaging they use never mind the multiple deliveries which have to be made to bring ur items to you. I cant understand ( apart from the fact they are raking it in with obsene charges!) why they cannot pack all your order in one shipment if its all available! There should be a law against it! I bought 9 items this weekend..and P&P has cost me over £30!!! More fool me for buying from them but as we cant get Honora anywhere else in UK..they have us by the *****!

It seems all shopping channels feel it their right to charge a high p&p, there seems to be a problem in this sector. As a crafter the p&p is capped on create and craft but then you have the joy of waiting three weeks for delivery, if at all!

I actually stop myself from buying loads on qvc because of their postage charges.As much as I loved something - I couldn't bring myself to spend £30 on postage.

I actually stop myself from buying loads on qvc because of their postage charges.As much as I loved something - I couldn't bring myself to spend £30 on postage.

Totally with you there, I have not bought anything yet this year, yes I know it's early days but my experience of sending stuff back for less than a third of the cost to have it shipped to me was a bit of a wake up call. Only going to shop from them if there is something I really want and at the moment it's all samey and rather expensive. Think they need to shake off their complacency and up their game to win my custom back.

I nearly bought a set of Gale Hayman Lip Lift, which is something I love and use a lot, but I am not going to pay £3.45 for something that will cost just 36p actual postage to send. Even add a few pence for the staff wages and a fraction of a penny for the padded envelope and label and it doesn't come close to the outrageous charge they are adding on. Especially as they will send out thousand pound items of jewellery for the same price. Sorry QVC, until you sort this issue out I'm looking elsewhere. Most other places are much faster and free and so I will buy from them instead. Even east pay isn't enough of an incentive anymore.

I wonder if they hope to deter people returning goods on impulse. I have kept items in the past simply because I begrudge the £££ I would waste for nothing at all if I returned. Also when I buy and CS ask if there is anything else they can help me with I always say no because the p&p is just a step too far, whereas I'm sure I would take advantage more often if there was a combined offer.

practically everyone online offers free postage, better prices and next day delivery qvc are really missing out on a lot of orders from me anyway!
the value and convenience side of qvc does not seeem to be working

Latest posts

Back