Banned from Rocks TV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good grief, yet more aggro in Rocks chat ....it's been a hotbed of unpleasantness on and off from the start and I'm surprised anyone still bothers with it.

Good grief, yet more aggro in Rocks chat ....it's been a hotbed of unpleasantness on and off from the start and I'm surprised anyone still bothers with it.

i agree pinkpussycat,personally i don't see the point of it, and when i do read it it seems took much like a school playground for me.

i agree pinkpussycat,personally i don't see the point of it, and when i do read it it seems took much like a school playground for me.

Totally agree, suprised they don't ditch it, the little that I do read never seems to make any sense and it judders upwards sometimes as your halfway through one comment. :mysmilie_81:

Still - at least the option is back to switch "chat" off. I leave it on until it veers away from the jewellery or if it gets a bit out of order.
It can be fun and light-hearted but if not the button gets pushed!!!:mysmilie_17:

I very rarely go in now and if I do it's usually only to say "hello" to one of my friends from here. I have to say that most of the chat is pointless drivel imho and last week it was used for childish tantrums over a wooden bangle! Enjoy the channel - hate the chatroom!

i totally agree glitterbug, red dwarf and klosblue. last time i went on rocks i watched for over an hour and the chat was just a handful of people going on about their health issues! nothing to do with jewellery and to be honest totally inappropriate foe a jewellery shopping channel website. the chat also seems to be dominated by a handful of members who are on there pretty much everytime i look on rocks tv. Worst part about rocks tv imo, and if people aren't going to discuss the jewellery then its pretty pointless.

i totally agree glitterbug, red dwarf and klosblue. last time i went on rocks i watched for over an hour and the chat was just a handful of people going on about their health issues! nothing to do with jewellery and to be honest totally inappropriate foe a jewellery shopping channel website. the chat also seems to be dominated by a handful of members who are on there pretty much everytime i look on rocks tv. Worst part about rocks tv imo, and if people aren't going to discuss the jewellery then its pretty pointless.

Totally agree with you gemdreamer.
Sometimes it feels like you are in a doctor's waiting room,they seem to compete as to who has the worst health problems. Then you get the ones who are looking for praise or sympathy all the time. Chat gets really depressing at times, i'm glad Rocks have added the Turn Off Chat function again. I think chat has got worse since Rocks started broadcating on Sky.

it is depressing, which isn't what i want because normally jewellery shopping is fun!

I too think it has run it's course. Now the presenters can't see it, it seems to have lost momentum and I actually find it irritating these days. I shall turn it off and see whether it makes a difference, I somehow think it will be an improvement... :mysmilie_11:

OMG, am I that annoying??? :)

I must apologise to everyone that I naff off with not talking about jewellry...I guess I can only find so much to say about the bling before I have this insane desire to say something that gets me sent to the naughty step!!!

Sorry all!

just my thoughts on this...and it has been said from the begining.. so this is old news re the chat..could we all just talk about jewelery 24/7? ...I know I could't do it would be a mean feat and not to mention I should imagine that just jewelery chat would get boring in the end too..we had all this discussion before..then we got the chit room..then that disappeared as no one used it in the end..which was predicted that would happen as people didnt like the different rooms.

just my thoughts on this...and it has been said from the begining.. so this is old news re the chat..could we all just talk about jewelery 24/7? .

I think you've hit the nail on the head there Mirabelle. No I wouldn't be able to talk about jewellery 24/7 but then again I wouldn't expect to be in the chat for that length of time either. I drop in and out especially if there are themed hours and I do want to hear jewellery related chat, a personal perspective I know but there you go...

Agree it could be hard to talk about jewellery all the time but it can be very irritating at times when certain posters are virtually monopolising the chatroom & effectively using it as their own personal MSN to carry on a conversation between themselves, of little or no interest or relevance to other posters!

Well, that's my view anyway, I don't post much there now, chat too fast for me to read (I need time to focus on words to see them at all, never mind clearly! lol) & if I turn the scroll of to catch up, I end up so far behind......! lol

Agree it could be hard to talk about jewellery all the time but it can be very irritating at times when certain posters are virtually monopolising the chatroom & effectively using it as their own personal MSN to carry on a conversation between themselves, of little or no interest or relevance to other posters!

Well, that's my view anyway, I don't post much there now, chat too fast for me to read (I need time to focus on words to see them at all, never mind clearly! lol) & if I turn the scroll of to catch up, I end up so far behind......! lol

exactly kitten, there are a few who do use it as MSN!and yes you can't talk about jewellery all the time, but who stays on a chat room all the time anyway, plus there is no reason people can't go off and ring or email or MSN people if they wish to have conversations about their health issues or what there fav confectorary item is etc. some lighthearted chat that is random isn't the problem imo, its more the few that are always there talking about their life stories thats off putting, depressing at times and generally inappropriate. I understand that people have health issues and like to talk to people about them but a jewellery shopping channel isn't really the right place for it is it

ok, seriously now, am I really that annoying???? Only please tell me if I am and I will rail it in a bit...I really haven't meant to be an annoyance, but I know I get a wee bitty carried away sometimes.

...maybe I am being paranoid, I don't know, but hey, even paranoid people get followed!! :)

oh princess racer, no you are not annoying :) i can honestly say you are not one of the certain posters that i was refering to.

ok, seriously now, am I really that annoying???? Only please tell me if I am and I will rail it in a bit...I really haven't meant to be an annoyance, but I know I get a wee bitty carried away sometimes.

...maybe I am being paranoid, I don't know, but hey, even paranoid people get followed!! :)

PR there's no need to be paranoid. I really enjoy reading your posts on Rocks, you have a wicked sense of humour. I hope you don't think i was referring to you in my post as i wasn't, it's all the doom and gloom and personal problems that other people post annoy me. Hope to see you cheering up the chat room soon as it certainly needs it.:mysmilie_17:

Last edited:
PHEW!!!!! OK, paranoid android put away, and back to pink fluffy sparkliness!! hee hee!!! :)

Thanks!!

PR don't be paranoid. I really enjoy reading your posts on Rocks, you have a wicked sense of humour. I hope you don't think i was referring to you in my post as i wasn't, it's all the doom and gloom and personal problems that other people post annoy me. Hope to see you cheering up the chat room soon as it certainly needs it.:mysmilie_17:

i agree its all the health stuff and life story doom and gloom stuff thats the worst. I am sure that there are chat rooms set up where people can go and talk about those sorts of things if they want to. A jewellery shopping site to me is somewhere to go to cheer yourself up, perhaps treat yourself, forget about probs etc, not get dragged down by other peoples. I don't mean that in a nasty way but i just think it should be fun and enjoyable. funny posts like princess racers couldn't depress anyone

i agree its all the health stuff and life story doom and gloom stuff thats the worst. I am sure that there are chat rooms set up where people can go and talk about those sorts of things if they want to. A jewellery shopping site to me is somewhere to go to cheer yourself up, perhaps treat yourself, forget about probs etc, not get dragged down by other peoples. I don't mean that in a nasty way but i just think it should be fun and enjoyable. funny posts like princess racers couldn't depress anyone

Exactly gemdreamer, i know people will say we should turn chat off if we don't like what we read, but why should we. After all it's a jewellery chat room, not a support group

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back