Honora Choice of Cultured FW Pearl 150cm Strand

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

looby

Registered Shopper
Bought this a tsv maybe may 2008 price no more than £30 mark wanted in cherry but no way.....how on earth can qvc hike the price up like this....£47 now do they think we are stupid...please don't answer that one...feel like phoning in to Ralph I am soooo annoyed:mysmilie_698:

I agree with you Looby..its incredibly annoying!
The price for this necklace was £30 in Dec 2009, it shot up all of a sudden this week! The pound has stabilized against the dollar and besides the £ higher than it was this time last year so i really dont think that has anything to do with it.. not all pieces have increase by such a ridiculous margin - over 50% is just crazy!

They have kept telling us pearl prices will be going up, but I was annoyed too as I remember this necklace being much cheaper before it's latest appearance. Still ordered the cherry though, hope I like it enough to warrant the price increase!

They have kept telling us pearl prices will be going up, but I was annoyed too as I remember this necklace being much cheaper before it's latest appearance. Still ordered the cherry though, hope I like it enough to warrant the price increase!

Pearl thats what I wanted but cosof qvcs price hike I REFUSED to buy......but please post on here what its like :mysmilie_12:

If you leave a review on this item it might be worth mentioning the price hike, but if you quote actual prices they'll remove it. A 50+% price rise can't be justified imho and that'd be a reason for saying you wouldn't buy it again. As a reader of reviews I'd find that helpful to know...and off-putting too!

Jude xx

Hi Akimbo, I tried that but because I'd already reviewed it on the tsv purchase it wouldn'tlet me, so if anyone out there could oblige me that would be great xx

Sure Looby, I'll let you know my thoughts when it arrives. Bit rubbish that they didn't have a sample to show us on air.

Problem is I think I want a black or grey strand the same, to wear with it, might have to go searching on 'the bay' after the shift in price. I see they haven't bought it back in grey this time. In fact, we practically have NOTHING in grey now, which is very frustrating as it's one of my favourite pearl colours. I hope they start bringing in some more.

Although we do have these to look forward to apparently... denim, blue moon, sunset, mosaic (qvc call this northern lights), waterlilies and another one I can't remember right now.

Lovely

Pearl thats what I wanted but cosof qvcs price hike I REFUSED to buy......but please post on here what its like :mysmilie_12:

Hi,
I received my 150cm cherry pearl necklace yesterday and it is lovely. One problem is that a little dye came off the pearls on to my neck at first, but I took the pearls off and wiped them with a damp cloth and then dried them and it seems fine now.
One point: wasn't this strand a TSV when it first appeared. If so, it is perhaps a little unfair to talk about a 50%+ price hike when some of the price increase must be due to it no longer being at the TSV price. Anyway, I like it and think it is worth the money, so I am happy.

:mysmilie_698:

I bought this necklace in 4 colours at different times during the past year, ALL of which I purchased @ £30 on QVC. I did not buy this when it was a TSV, so I personally think its understandable people are annoyed at the massive increase in price. How can you say its unfair to say its increased by over 50%, the fact is...it has!

Last edited:
I bought this necklace in 4 colours at different times during the past year, ALL of which I purchased @ £30 on QVC. I did not buy this when it was a TSV, so I personally think its understandable people are annoyed at the massive increase in price. How can you say its unfair to say its increased by over 50%, the fact is...it has!

:mysmilie_696::mysmilie_687::mysmilie_696::mysmilie_687::mysmilie_696::mysmilie_687:

A suggestion only.....

Hi,
I am allowed an opinion on this. I merely said it might have been due to it being a TSV. I don't know how much the TSV price was, but I suggested it may have been lower due to it being a TSV. I like the pearls and I am happy to pay the price asked, so I bought the item and am pleased with it. Does anyone remember the TSV price? I don't, I am afraid and if you have purchased 4 colours at less than £30, you got real bargains IMHO. If people are not willing to pay the new price, then don't buy. It seems simple enough to me. I am prepared to pay the new price and I really like the pearls I received for the money. You either buy what you want at the going rate or you don't. The dollar/pound comparison fluctuates along with the exchange rate and so prices change. If people want to get annoyed about price changes, then clearly they won't pay the new price - it is up to the individual at the end of the day.

Plint, everyone is entitled to their opinion. You're correct if people dont like the increase..they wont buy. I'm glad you're happy with your purchase..as I am very happy with all mine.
The dollar does fluctuate....the pearl prices go up...but if these were the factors resulting in the increase surely ALL items would be affected! I and others are merely stating it is strange one particular necklace has increased by £16+ while everything else remains relatively unchanged.
It didnt stop me buying the cherry version, however i do completely understand that the increase is a considerable amount for a lot of people especially in the current climate.

Last edited:
If it costs too much, don't buy it!

Plint, everyone is entitled to their opinion. You're correct if people dont like the increase..they wont buy. I'm glad you're happy with your purchase..as I am very happy with all mine.
The dollar does fluctuate....the pearl prices go up...but if these were the factors resulting in the increase surely ALL items would be affected! I and others are merely stating it is strange one particular necklace has increased by £16+ while everything else remains relatively unchanged.
It didnt stop me buying the cherry version, however i do completely understand that the increase is a considerable amount for a lot of people especially in the current climate.

You buy what you consider to be good value, I suppose. That will be different for everybody and we all spend our money on different things. If people are struggling in the present climate, I doubt that the price of Honora pearls will be top of their list of grievances. Pearls are not a necessity and so people can choose to buy or not to buy. I chose to buy and am happy with my purchase and others find the price increase unacceptable and don't buy. C'est la vie! Do the prices of other Honora items remain virtually unchanged? I think a good few things have increased in price due to the dollar/pound exchange rate, but that is only my impressioon. At the end of the day, we do whatever suits us, I suppose.

People still like the odd treat. If you were setting aside a few pounds to buy something which last week was considerably less than it is now of course they are going to be disappointed. I speak in general not just about this item.
Anyway we will agree to differ on this one.

Latest posts

Back