Lulu Guinness handbags?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

reddwarf

Registered Shopper
Is this a new thing for QVC, I have just switched over and they are selling a red patent Pollyanna for £270 which was in the sales recently for £109!! Certainly not doing you any favours! :mysmilie_697:

No, nothing new - I pointed this out some time ago too. I bought a bag last week from the LG site for £40 which was still showing for £130 on QVC. You really need to check prices before buying from QVC,

I really think that QVC rely on the non internet savvy market. Fair enough, those of us that do know our way about will check elsewhere but that's our choice. Some folk don't have that option so think they're getting a bargain. If they're happy with their purchase and the price they pay then it's not really our problem...is it?

Agree in principle, but if LG has a sale, then why doesn't QVC honour the same prices? I don't understand why the difference in price. It isn't fair for those people who don't have computers/internet.

I really think that QVC rely on the non internet savvy market. Fair enough, those of us that do know our way about will check elsewhere but that's our choice. Some folk don't have that option so think they're getting a bargain. If they're happy with their purchase and the price they pay then it's not really our problem...is it?

I make my mum wait for me to search on the comp sometimes. She is housebound so relies on QVC for her choices, she doesn't always get a bargain but at least it is her choice. I just wish that QVC would consider certain facts like this when deciding on a price. People who are housebound have little choice as what they purchase and I think QVC just don't care about their core customers anymore.

Agree in principle, but if LG has a sale, then why doesn't QVC honour the same prices? I don't understand why the difference in price. It isn't fair for those people who don't have computers/internet.

I doubt that QVC has the stock levels to justify sales prices. I've often wondered how much stock they hold as some things go limited very quickly. I can only assume that they have a handful to start with and there are probably sufficient well heeled customers out there that don't worry too much about the price if they want something badly enough and believe the hype...

Sadly I've seen this with kipling and clarks also.Particularly with these two brands,QVC hold really old stock and yet do not reduce it.

I bought my friend a Lulu Guinness purse for Xmas. I bought it from e-bay for £5 after winning it in an auction, it's the genuine article for sure. I saw the same purse on Le Q for £50...e-bay is a mine for Lulu fans.

They are a business out to make money not friends I'm afraid, ifs its selling at the higher price then why reduce it ?

That's how things are though, if I want to buy a book I search on Bookbrain to get the cheapest price but anyone without a computer or ineternet access cannot do that and they probably need the discount more than a lot of the people who do have a computer. As Deanos says QVC won't reduce things unless they need to.

I bought myself Kipling 'Gade' a few weeks ago in the Kipling sale for just over £80,I think it was about £140 on QVC at the time. It's a lovely leather bag and one I will use a great deal-£80 is the most I have ever spent on myself tbh as I am not comfortable spending that sort of money on clothes and accesesories,but I wouldn't/couldn't have paid £140 for it. I am so glad I read about the Kipling sale on here!

I think the LG bags look fun, but they're too showy for real life. Even if I won the lottery, I wouldn't buy one, because I'd feel like a walking target actually using it outside.

Latest posts

Back