Nearly £500 for Diamoneek!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I remember starting a thread on why they would put FAKE stones in 18ct gold and so many people took it as a personal attack. I still don't know why they put fake stones in such precious metals as 18ct gold or platinum.

Aw Yazrose, I remember that thread. It wasn't taken as a personal attack. The point made was that it's the metal which touches your skin, hence why 18ct gold and platinum in particular were defended. I do see your point - and in an ideal world, real diamonds set in these higher grade metals would be more affordable - but when you're trying to get the look of a real diamond ring, the high grade metal combined with the fake stone seems the optimal way to keep the price down! :)

But of course, with the way higher grade metals have soared in price, even that option seems to be a non-starter!

Their platinum clad Epiphany range is fine, and looks the part. so why would you pay that much?

Yes Beady Belle, the Epiphany range looks fine - I have a few pieces - but I suppose those going for solid platinum must be wanting durability. Not sure how the Epiphany would wear over time with constant use. My Epiphany is not worn that often to be honest, so I haven't put it through its paces.

I saw the ring last night and did a double take - I def agree that Diamonique looks better in the white metals (well, in my opinion anyway :) ) .

About two years ago, my other half bought me a very similar ring from this website http://www.ampalian.com/ . He paid well, well under £500 for it (it was a special gift for a special anniversary we had). I thought it was white gold and diamonds - but when I took it to be valued for contents insurance, it turned out to be platinum (!). Needless to say I was shocked, and very shocked when I got the real value of it. Point I'm making is, that website managed to do do real platinum and real diamonds for under £500...QVC charging for platinum and a fake stone.

I hope no-one thinks I'm bragging btw - I don't really own much jewellery wise and myself and my other half aren't rolling in it or wealthy by any means - I was stunned when I found out what the ring really was and how much he'd paid for it...and it is beautiful and very sentimental to me.

For info - I'd like to know what the platinum band actually weighs. And ... for Catherine to state that you could replace the stone with a genuine diamond at a future date was an absolute insult to platinum. Who'd want to pay thousands for a 1ct diamond of good quality and put it in a band that was really scooped out at the back. :mysmilie_81:

P x

Latest posts

Back