New Buyers Please!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Why is the "fashion" selection at QVC so old fashioned looking and outdated? Sorry to those of you who like it, but most of what's on air is awful. Is it because it's coming from American designers? I can't imagine that your average American wears any of this rubbish either! A lot of brands that used to be good have really dropped in the quality stakes. I would presume that comes down to reducing the manufacturing costs. The quality just isn't there and the brands have too many items that all look the same. Cutting costs doesn't pay as people will simply stop buying. Expensive handbags and rotten, expensive jewellery are good examples too. I can get better quality in my local factory shop for a tenner or under. Perhaps it's time for some new buyers at QVC Towers. From reading comments in this forum, they certainly don't seem to be supplying what many viewers want. We must be a very small percentage of QVC's total viewing audience, multiply the number of us up to the whole watching population and that makes an awful lot of people who must be thinking the same!

A while back someone on here posted a link to a job vacancy for a "fashion buyer" at QVC and experience in the fashion field was not a requirement.

Personally there are very few items of clothing on QVC that I would buy. However to get me to buy they would have to get something really outstanding as I can place a massive order with M & S and pay around £4 p & p and return things without any further charge.

The fashion hours must generate decent sales or they would change things, I'm just not sure who actually buys the stuff!

its funny tiana b was a range that i think is way overpriced £60 for frumpy loud smock efforts.....:mysmilie_34:

totallyb agree, I went a bit mad at Christmas time and bought a white shirt with a sash style belt and when it arrived it was SO creased that I didn't even bother to try it on. It was thin cheap looking fabric and the loops for the sash were mere threads of scabby looking cotton. It went straight back, I can get better stuff at Asda for half the price and vastly superior stuff at M and S for less than QVC charge. I for one am never buying fashion from them again, too chancy re quality, too expensive for what you actually get, too expensive to have it delivered and too long to wait to have the refund credited. I have finally learnt my lesson!!

rest assured. the reason QVC sell the crap they sell is becuase there are legions of people out there buying it.

when that changes, and people stop, they will change.

I went to the QVC outlet shop in Warrington before Christmas, and there were lots of clothing rails heaving with creased tat. They were trying to flog the mock croc genuine leather coat by Beth Terrell for £4.50, and no one was interested. In fact there was no interest in anything.

I haven't bought any fashion from QVC for years.

Latest posts

Back