I have got a little place in Spain!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well you know, darlings, I have my own little retreat in the Scottish Highlands. It's called "Ma Parents' Hoose" which is Gaelic for exclusive and welcoming.

Well you know, darlings, I have my own little retreat in the Scottish Highlands. It's called "Ma Parents' Hoose" which is Gaelic for exclusive and welcoming.

that made me giggle

i wonder where in spain her house is. i used to have a place in spain too but i found i had to sell up as all kinds of riffraff were turning up in the neighbourhood :mysmilie_17:

she should realise that some people can't even afford 1 house let alone a holiday one bit thoughtless that comment julia

I'm no great fan of Julia but I'm not quite sure why it was a tactless remark unless it was totally out of context. It's a fact of life that there are others with more possessions/money than us, why should they feel unable to mention it, I find that puzzling....

I'm no great fan of Julia but I'm not quite sure why it was a tactless remark unless it was totally out of context. It's a fact of life that there are others with more possessions/money than us, why should they feel unable to mention it, I find that puzzling....[/QUOTE]

Thank you!!! It is not bad enough that political correctness has made society angry and rude. Are people supposed to impose self-inflicted gagging orders too? Insensitivity is one thing (one does not necessarily need to be worse off), speaking about one's life is another.

I'm no great fan of Julia but I'm not quite sure why it was a tactless remark unless it was totally out of context. It's a fact of life that there are others with more possessions/money than us, why should they feel unable to mention it, I find that puzzling....[/QUOTE]

Thank you!!! It is not bad enough that political correctness has made society angry and rude. Are people supposed to impose self-inflicted gagging orders too? Insensitivity is one thing (one does not necessarily need to be worse off), speaking about one's life is another.

Yes, that was my point. There is a thread out there where posters are discussing their holiday(s) this year and I don't see anyone popping up and saying they shouldn't be mentioning them because some can't afford holidays.
Even funnier is the fact that many of us could have bought a little house in Spain with the money we've spent with QVC over the years...:mysmilie_61:

i dont think anyone is having a pop at her artemis. Taking the micky? definitely!

Personally i just think it is just a totally thoughtless comment for someone in her position to make. She isnt flogging on the Harrods channel and 8 out of 10 viewing cats will not own a holiday home (and given today's climate the ones that do may be wishing they didnt lol). The whole point of salespeople is for them to be what everybody sees in themselves, you have to appeal to everyone and be aspirational to some degree.

Yes, that was my point. There is a thread out there where posters are discussing their holiday(s) this year and I don't see anyone popping up and saying they shouldn't be mentioning them because some can't afford holidays.
Even funnier is the fact that many of us could have bought a little house in Spain with the money we've spent with QVC over the years...:mysmilie_61:

Exactly. Their excitment and happiness is infectious. I am so glad that there are people that are feeling so positively in this madness, even momentarily.

The QVC spending/deposit issue is a bitter realisation on my part (that we would have had a nice deposit for a house here). But it is never too late to stop and I am trying hard. :)

Look on the positive side... She might spend more time there than on QVC.

i dont think anyone is having a pop at her artemis. Taking the micky? definitely!

Personally i just think it is just a totally thoughtless comment for someone in her position to make. She isnt flogging on the Harrods channel and 8 out of 10 viewing cats will not own a holiday home (and given today's climate the ones that do may be wishing they didnt lol). The whole point of salespeople is for them to be what everybody sees in themselves, you have to appeal to everyone and be aspirational to some degree.

Presenters are fair game when it comes to taking a pop or whatever. We own nothing apart from a 7 year old car and some furniture but I would not regard it as an insensitive remark just because I'll never own my own home, let alone a holiday one. We'll have to agree to disagree, I think.

it may be that i didnt make my point clearly enough. I dont care that she has a little place in Spain. In my initial comment i was taking the pee.

The more i think about it the more it annoys me. My gripe, if any, is purely on a professional level. A good salesman /woman /person attempts to appeal to all without offending any. You have to know your market and your product and change yourself to appeal to it. If the show was about holiday homes or international flights then her comment would be suitable but as QVC do not flog either then her comment cant have had anything to do with the product.

The art of selling in a nutshell... make them like you, do not alienate anyone (if at all possible). You may not have been piqued, i may not have been piqued but Mrs. Dobbs as nr. 48 was and didnt buy the product because of it.

If you can spare so much time to think about it, then you must have too much free time, borednow. As for the 'professional' salesperson, I have rarely met anyone who did not talk about pleasures in life more and less about their products and services. They bore me to death and meetings with them always give me a migraine.

she should realise that some people can't even afford 1 house let alone a holiday one bit thoughtless that comment julia

here here.....well said.......julia isnt on her own in this .:mysmilie_11:

I get it

I understand where you are coming from BoredNow and I totally agree.
I also agree with Artemis.

Julia has done well for herself and is so comfortable in front of the camera
that her exuberance just bursts forth (in more ways than one!). I think
she enjoys her life and just cant help letting us all know about it.
This is probably all encouraged by copious quantities of fan mail praising
her many fine qualities. :mysmilie_17:
Lets face it, she just luuuuvvs the camera!

I think its a sad state of affairs when you cant be proud of an achievement!

She's at a stage in her life where her children are no longer dependent, her mortgage is probably paid and her money is her own. If that is how she chooses to spend it, then it's her business.

Latest posts

Back