Gatineau TSV 7/3/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

fredab

Registered Shopper
Attention all you Gatineau fans there is a TSV on Sunday 7 March. It may include a new product I have seen on their french website called Age Benefit

AGE BENEFIT™– INTEGRAL REGENERATING CREAM

This high-performance skincare cream acts simultaneously on the appearance of all visible signs of aging: wrinkles - lack of firmness - dehydration* - uneven pigmentation.
A "cellular communication re-programmer", it contains two avant-garde active ingredients that work complementarily on two key growth factors: Gen-Control™ to help delay the appearance of visible signs of aging, and Fibro-Repair™ to help boost skin regeneration.
*of the upper skin layers

Results: Day after day, the skin seems to be retexturized: it appears smoother, firmer, more radiant!

Use: Apply in the morning to the face and neck.

Product format: 50ml

AGE BENEFIT™ – DAY/NIGHT SERUM

This high-performance serum offers a comprehensive response to the appearance of all visible signs of aging: wrinkles, lack of firmness, dehydration* – and particularly loss of radiance and uneven pigmentation. A "cellular communication re-programmer", it contains two avant-garde active ingredients that work complementarily on two key growth factors: Gen-Control™ to help delay the appearance of visible signs of aging, and Fibro-Repair™ to help boost skin regeneration.
*of the upper skin layers

Results: Day after day, the complexion appears more even. The skin feels smoother and regains it full luminosity!

Use: Apply daily, morning and evening.

Product format: 25ml

I'm liking the sound of this. I find it frustrating having to choose between melatogenine and defilift - surely most people 'concerned with ageing' have both wrinkle and sagging issues and Alison's advice to alternate the two is unsatisfactory. Could these products be the answer? My other problem is that I've come to like using oils and they surely aren't compatible with using serums. Decisions decisions....

I'm liking the sound of this. I find it frustrating having to choose between melatogenine and defilift - surely most people 'concerned with ageing' have both wrinkle and sagging issues and Alison's advice to alternate the two is unsatisfactory. Could these products be the answer? My other problem is that I've come to like using oils and they surely aren't compatible with using serums. Decisions decisions....

So have I, BF. But why are they incompatible with serums? I wasn't aware of that... TIA

Well maybe I just promoted myself to expert sillysausage! I couldn't say for a fact that they don't mix but then which would go on first? Oils soften and leave a sheen and serums need clean skin to be left to dry and do their stuff don't they? I just assumed that one would counter the effects of the other but if anyone can enlighten us further I'm sure we'd both be grateful... Has AY said anything about this - she spouts so much tosh depending on the brand she's pushing that it's hard to keep up!

Hmmm, I see the logic in your point actually BF, I had just never thought about this before. At the moment, at night, I use the elemis tri-enzyme serum that was in the last TSV and afterwards instead of the moisturiser that elemis recommends I put LE supserskin oil. My skin feels lovely in the morning, but I hope this routine doesn't neutralise the effects of either serum or oil. Mind you, I'm sure that somebody else will come along to further illuminate us on this matter!:mysmilie_687:

Also, as far as I'm aware, the major qvc brands offer either a serum-based or an oil-based routine. I'm thinking of gatineau and decleor. So that's perhaps another clue. As you say, there will be some knowledgeable folk to help in due course.

So have I, BF. But why are they incompatible with serums? I wasn't aware of that... TIA

i can remember quite clearly that fiona saying that always put on a serum before our oils....[as they dont do serums] AY was saying can we slot this into any routine buisness as she does.......so i can say that from on high that serums go UNDER the oils & i do this myself when i need an extra pick me up [ which is most of the time ].....
are they selling this is bigger sizes like bath-tub size so i can make full use of it........:mysmilie_12:

Also, as far as I'm aware, the major qvc brands offer either a serum-based or an oil-based routine. I'm thinking of gatineau and decleor. So that's perhaps another clue. As you say, there will be some knowledgeable folk to help in due course.

I think you would use an oil first (I believe the rule is oils first, then serums, then gels, then creams). The idea is an oil can penetrate the upper layer of the skin instantly so that goes on first. Also, when using bliss capsules from Elemis Keeley advises using these first with serums on top.

I've heard Andrew Bagley say in the past that Gatineau serums should go onto the skin first and not used with oils. Personally I use either one or the other but not both together.

I always thaught gels(water baced) goes on first then oils then serums?
ive been doing this prolagene gel then tri enzyme serum then ylang ylang balm?Interestingly i havent seen any improvement useing the tri enzyme serum so maybe thats why, but im sure ive heard ali y saying you can slot serums into any routine?

If you are using the decleor balms (as opposed to the oils) you don't use a serum first, just the balm on its own. I think the answer is probably that decleor oils are not supposed to be used with other brand serums and so you should probably choose one of the other. I'm sure prolegene gel is used after the oils though (as gels are water based and so can't penetrate the skin without a carrier ingredient, whereas oils can). We need AY on the case!

I've always thought it was one or the other! However I find if I use a serum that it gives me better results if I put it on after my moisturiser which doesn't make sense with what other posters have put. Oils work better when first applied with moisturiser after.

If you are using the decleor balms (as opposed to the oils) you don't use a serum first, just the balm on its own. I think the answer is probably that decleor oils are not supposed to be used with other brand serums and so you should probably choose one of the other. I'm sure prolegene gel is used after the oils though (as gels are water based and so can't penetrate the skin without a carrier ingredient, whereas oils can). We need AY on the case!

:mysmilie_687:
Looks like ive been doing it all wrong then :mysmilie_34:Ill have to do some research i think :mysmilie_81::mysmilie_81:

AY has just said she has been testing out a new Gatineau cream so the TSV may well have a travel size of this in. It looks pricey (their new anti-agine range) so prob not the full size. I'm still hoping for more aquamemory...

Received a postcard for the tsv today - the 5-Piece Essential Skincare Collection.

This sophisticated skincare collection containing both full and special sizes of your key essential skincare products has been created exclusively for you as a 60 day auto-delivery programme.

Be the first to try the UK exclusive launch of our Age Benefit Integral Regenerating Day and Night Cream. The revolutionary ingredients in our latest anti-ageing phenomena visibly act on all 4 markers of skin ageing - wrinkles, loss of firmness, dehydration and pigmentary irregularities.

Another treat in this TSV is a full size Melatogenine Futur Plus Anti-wrinkle Eye Concentrate.

:mysmilie_698:

Latest posts

Back