Gatineau TSV 7/3/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not going to bother with this. Only a piddling little size of the new moisturiser and floracil - yet again! Like the throat gel but well stocked at mo' :mysmilie_696:

I am going for this one as it has some good full sizes in it - rather than a load of little trial sizes. And I LOVE the eye cream and throat gel.

I do like TSV's in which they have day to day items not lots of things which we don't really need.

Boring. I've never used and don't need "throat gel" and the sizes of the moisturiser are pathetically small. And I find Floracil about as effective as a chocolate teapot. Not tempted.

Boring. I've never used and don't need "throat gel" and the sizes of the moisturiser are pathetically small. And I find Floracil about as effective as a chocolate teapot. Not tempted.

I'm the same. I use other Gatineau products but today's TSV is a bit of a let down. I'm glad someone else struggles with Floracil - it doesn't do anything for me either. Even doing the whole 'leave your cotton pads on for a couple of minutes' saga makes not a jot of difference and I don't even wear waterproof mascara.

I'm glad its not just me who thinks Floracil is nothing special. I use Simple Cream Eye Make Up remover and its fab and a fraction of the price.

I'm the same. I use other Gatineau products but today's TSV is a bit of a let down. I'm glad someone else struggles with Floracil - it doesn't do anything for me either. Even doing the whole 'leave your cotton pads on for a couple of minutes' saga makes not a jot of difference and I don't even wear waterproof mascara.

Yes I found it useless. I did far more rubbing and scrubbing trying to get my make up off with that, than I do with something far cheaper that works quickly (Olay EMR cream). And I don't wear waterproof mascara either.

I think I'm getting a bit grumpy about these beauty shows now.

Cleanser, toner, serum, oil, moisturiser, throat gel, mask, exfoliator, blah blah blah. Does it really make THAT much difference? Really??! I like to look after my skin, but I'm starting to find this all a bit ridiculous now. How much time do people have in the mornings/evenings?! And how much money can be spent for exactly WHAT degree of real noticeable difference?!

Time to switch off QVC I think! :mysmilie_11:

I'm glad its not just me who thinks Floracil is nothing special. I use Simple Cream Eye Make Up remover and its fab and a fraction of the price.

Most odd you should say this! I bought from the supermarket a Simple Eye Makeup Remover last week, it cost me £2.49 and is suitable for waterproof eye make up. Before I bought it, the day before I'd absent mindedly placed a bid on a bottle of Floracil Intense on Fleabay. I forgot all about it thinking I'd never get it, and got a shock when I had an e-mail informing me I'd won it and asking me to pay. Anyway, bought it - got it for £10 and is a 150ml bottle.

Meanwhile, was roadtesting the Simple remover - works a treat, no scrubbing - hardly need to use any of it to remove make up etc.

On Friday the Floracil Intense arrived and decided to give it a go. It smells very perfumey first off, I felt like it would smart - it did a bit going on, and it did get rid of the make up, but not as quickly as the Simple one but my eyes were SO sore and a bit red after I'd used it.

So it's back to the Simple one for me - cheaper and kinder and my skin felt soft and cleaned afterwards and all for £2.49. I now have an unusable bottle of Floracil ;)

I haven't been watching much today but is Andrew wearing a wig, what's wrong with AY and why do they make Ameka wear that head band in such a silly way?

I haven't been watching much today but is Andrew wearing a wig, what's wrong with AY and why do they make Ameka wear that head band in such a silly way?

All valid Qs for which I have no answers! :mysmilie_697:

I'm a 'Simple' girl myself, and find the Nivea one not too bad either. I too don't find Floracil anything special.

I gave this one a miss, although I do have other Gatineau items in my 'stash' of beauty items so have used it in the past.

And did anyone else notice how many times Andrew used the word 'literally?' in the launch show? Had I actually counted them, I'm sure his tally would have been higher than Alison's.

I havent been tempted by this TSV at all, I think Melatogenine is too rich for my skin and I used to love the throat gel till they changed the smell of it, wish they would change it back again!!

I really like some of Gatineaus products and would love a TSV with hand cream, lip product, floracil, collagen eye pads and cleanser toner and maybe some of the vital feeling products all in a nice bag would be lovely.

All Gatineau TSV's seem to be a bit samey so if you are reading this Andrew please can we have a TSV that doesnt contain melatogenine or defi-lift :mysmilie_12:

Jumping on the bandwagon here I know but I also don't rate Floracil and posted a review of it last time I bought a Gatineu TSV (purely because it had the 400ml bottle in it) saying that it did not give me the "Wow" factor that AB/AY and co. said it would.

I've recently been using a Crabtree and Evelyn eye make up remover which is lovely though whether I'll be able to buy it again I don't know as I picked it up cheaply at TK Maxx.

I have a No.7 one to use up next.

I noticed that whenever they used Floracil to remove Amika's eye make up, it never removes her eye-liner.

I don't rate it either, another vote for Simple eye make up remover.

I am increasingly returning to the infamous 'high street supermarket' brands!!! QVC is losing it's hold over me.....

Latest posts

Back