I bought craft stuff - I'm a crafter....yay!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kitten_with_claws

Registered Shopper
As I want to start scrapbooking (& maybe make the odd card...or two!), I watched the Tools for the Crafter show this morning & I bought 3 things.....yes, 3!
I got:

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.589113

& this:

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.588952

& this:

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.588877

So, now I can cut stuff......& fold stuff......& I got stuff to cut & fold - now I just gotta spend another 2 or 3 hundred quid for all the other bits & pieces wot I need! :mysmilie_697: :mysmilie_696:

Well done! I hope it brings you joy to be doing yer thing in craftyland.

Well, I wanted a hobby Vampy (& have loads of photos to sort out!) & having thought about it & wondered what someone could do who's more than half blind & can only see things (badly!) from about 5 cm away, has stiff, pianful fingers that can't hold anything, is clumsy, non-practical & totally cack-handed & I came up with......scrapbooking/crafting!
Oh, you only live once, so I'm gonna give it a go - like the Dr. Pepper ad says.....what's the worst that could happen.....? :mysmilie_61:

You'll surprise yourself with what you can do and I be very proud of your work. You will of course have the odd disaster but they're not spoken of, merely dismantled and recycled :D

Welcome to the world of crafting, kitten. It's been a hobby of mine for 40 years when I started making collages of the babies, as they then were. I'm now remaking my original scrapbooks as well as making cards for sale and for family and friends. It's a lovely absorbing hobby and I know you'll enjoy it.

Well done, kitten. It may prove therapeutic too, apart from creative. Enjoy! :)

Well done, kitten. It may prove therapeutic too, apart from creative. Enjoy! :)

WS - how funny you should say that - empathy is a rare quality! :mysmilie_12:

Beading Belle - you mean it's not cheaper than buying jewellery.....? :mysmilie_34:

Artemis - *sigh* I have a way to go to catch up.....but you give me hope - if you've been doing it for 40 years, it must be some fun.....! :mysmilie_61:

WS - how funny you should say that - empathy is a rare quality! :mysmilie_12:

Beading Belle - you mean it's not cheaper than buying jewellery.....? :mysmilie_34:

Artemis - *sigh* I have a way to go to catch up.....but you give me hope - if you've been doing it for 40 years, it must be some fun.....! :mysmilie_61:

Definately not I have a room full of craft (card making) stuff and I have ordered the tsv and some stamps today :mysmilie_34: But I love making cards - will have to have a weekend making cards as my stock is getting very low :)

Definately not I have a room full of craft (card making) stuff.......

I suspected as much - I'll just have to order pretty things from you & Paula then to satisfy my jewellery obsession! lol

I have ordered the tsv and some stamps today :mysmilie_34:

Oh well done, that sold out really quickly. didn't it? It looked really good, I was almost tempted but it had gone by morning.....! :(
I was pleased to get that OTO of cardstock, that went pretty quickly too - OH told me not to muck about, thinking about it, just hurry up & get, he said.....! :mysmilie_696:

Luckily, I am married to one of those rare & marvellous men who know something (usually quite a lot!) about almost everything & as he is a camera nerd (& very experienced at modelling stuff!), he's been explaining all about mounting photos & layering & different glues & cutting stuff & corners & a hundred other things, in his element really! lol

I crumbled and ordered some of Martha Stewarts glitters it is half term next week and our grandaughter loves doing cards etc.Can't resist an American saying glitter either!

You'll surprise yourself with what you can do and I be very proud of your work. You will of course have the odd disaster but they're not spoken of, merely dismantled and recycled :D

Crafters don't have disasters, they make new discoveries and have happy accidents :mysmilie_17:

I crumbled and ordered some of Martha Stewarts glitters it is half term next week and our grandaughter loves doing cards etc.

Oh, they were lovely those glitters, hope you & g'daughter have fun with them! :)

Can't resist an American saying glitter either!

I sometimes phone an American company, whose site I use quite a bit, instead of emailing them, which I could just as easily do (& it would be a heck of a lot cheaper!), just because I like the way Americans say 'Ma'am' at the end of every sentence........! :mysmilie_61:

I suspected as much - I'll just have to order pretty things from you & Paula then to satisfy my jewellery obsession! lol
:mysmilie_687:

Oh well done, that sold out really quickly. didn't it? It looked really good, I was almost tempted but it had gone by morning.....! :(
I was pleased to get that OTO of cardstock, that went pretty quickly too - OH told me not to muck about, thinking about it, just hurry up & get, he said.....! :mysmilie_696:

Luckily, I am married to one of those rare & marvellous men who know something (usually quite a lot!) about almost everything & as he is a camera nerd (& very experienced at modelling stuff!), he's been explaining all about mounting photos & layering & different glues & cutting stuff & corners & a hundred other things, in his element really! lol

I wanted both the options of the tsv but only managed to get the flower one. I now have the scoring board on cheque hold :mysmilie_11:

Hope you enjoying crafting xx

Well done Kitten you've taken the plunge, I'm sure you will love it. I try and get all the boring housework and cooking done so that after dinner I can spend the evening doing my scrapbook. Luckily my husband is like yours and always loves to see what I've done.
You do realise that you will never have any money now that you are a crafter!! I'm off to my first papercraft show this week end, hoping to buy lots of goodies. Keep us posted on your new hobby. x

Oh, they were lovely those glitters, hope you & g'daughter have fun with them! :)

I sometimes phone an American company, whose site I use quite a bit, instead of emailing them, which I could just as easily do (& it would be a heck of a lot cheaper!), just because I like the way Americans say 'Ma'am' at the end of every sentence........! :mysmilie_61:

Many thanks for your reply must admit I like a 'Ma'am' now and again too! Will let y'all know about the glitters.Have a nice day!

The Martha Stewart glitters arrived today they are really lovely very sparkly beautiful jewel like colours but they're very fine dust not like our chunky glitter so our house looks like we've had a visit from Jennifer Kirk herself lordy lordy!!!!!

The Martha Stewart glitters arrived today they are really lovely very sparkly beautiful jewel like colours but they're very fine dust not like our chunky glitter so our house looks like we've had a visit from Jennifer Kirk herself lordy lordy!!!!!

Which ones did you get nothyroid, these ones, with the lovely gemstone names?

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.588254

Thank gawd you haven't been Jenniifer Kirk-ed, glitters sound lovely! :mysmilie_348:

Latest posts

Back