Worth joining the members club?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

hope it may be solved

I contacted them by email and they phoned a while ago. While the lady may not have been the most charming person ever she did say for me to order and forward details to cs and the delivery charge will be refunded. If that goes smoothly then I will be delighted:mysmilie_82:

Well I don't get it but I'm sure you will be astounded to hear that customer service were no help at all. I thought the capped postage (9.90) to Ireland would mean I could afford the heavier bits like cardstock etc. I just don't don't see where they think they're going with this but I have some suggestions:D

if you get stuck for a few i can tell you plenty of them :mysmilie_17:

opppppppps old age thing again & as ive forked out my £20 when do i get my access to the online mag youre all on about pretty please......any help for an OAP please

Under the box that says type keyword area few sections/tabs and the second last one says club. When you click there you'll find club stuff including the magazine. It opens up in a new window or tab and looks like a normal mag.
Hope that helps, if not holler again. Will help with any techie stuff if I can at all.

Under the box that says type keyword area few sections/tabs and the second last one says club. When you click there you'll find club stuff including the magazine. It opens up in a new window or tab and looks like a normal mag.
Hope that helps, if not holler again. Will help with any techie stuff if I can at all.

thanks vampy.......i only just went & asked on craft site............old age what can i tell yer.........:mysmilie_34: but cheers anyway.will have a nosey later..........[ you may regret saying holler over techie stuff lol ]

Last edited:
It's I think £20 to join and then you get a £10 credit.

As long as you are going to spend over a hundred pounds a year on stuff from them then it's certainly worth joining.

Also if you were looking at something expensive like the CraftRobo you may as well join just to get the 10% discount.

Alan

Depends how much you buy to get the 10% off. But, in view of the recent fiasco with my credit card I don't intend to EVER buy from C&C again, so even though my present membership will be wasted, it's not worth the hassle to continue buying from them. As others have said, you can buy the same goods cheaper on the net.

Pauline x

You only get an email they dont post anything out. Interestingly enough, I dont have a membership number, and if you want to go to Stefs Summer Extravaganza and get reduced price tickets, you need your membership number. I only have log in details that gives me the discount from the website. i've emailled CS, and guess what, not heard a thing back. At the mo I cant be bothered actually speaking to anyone, so dont want to phone :(

My Subscription ended earlier this month and I decided not to renew it, unfortunately, C&C thought otherwise and automatically took another years payment from my card WITHOUT my permission, totally out of order imo :mysmilie_865: up to now I have dealt with automated emails and Indian call operators who mysteriously say they are having difficulties and suddenly cut me off, they'll be having difficulties, of the walking variety, if I get hold of them! God help the next person I do manage to get hold of as it won't be pleasant.

I have backed I/W on numerous occasions on here but not anymore....have the balls to stand up for your actions FFS.

My Subscription ended earlier this month and I decided not to renew it, unfortunately, C&C thought otherwise and automatically took another years payment from my card WITHOUT my permission, totally out of order imo :mysmilie_865: up to now I have dealt with automated emails and Indian call operators who mysteriously say they are having difficulties and suddenly cut me off, they'll be having difficulties, of the walking variety, if I get hold of them! God help the next person I do manage to get hold of as it won't be pleasant.

I have backed I/W on numerous occasions on here but not anymore....have the balls to stand up for your actions FFS.

This has happened just recently here
http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21734

I've been on the website and of course you cannot remove your card details at all Grrrr

just had a phone call from Ideal world saying that my C&C membership had expired (of which I knew ) she said Ill just renew it for you now I told her if I wanted it renewed I would of done it myself

Don't phone them now Choppy it's gone up to 20p per minute! Also you may not all realise then when you joined there was a tiny box which you had to untick if you did not want auto renewal!

Don't phone them now Choppy it's gone up to 20p per minute! Also you may not all realise then when you joined there was a tiny box which you had to untick if you did not want auto renewal!

Thanks I vaguely remember a box now you mention it. If I did see it, I know I would have ticked it, here's hoping.

They must be desperate because they have phoned me 6 times just wish they would get the hint:yawn:

Hello, Kitten :mysmilie_348:

The membership is worth it if you buy alot of items, especially the more expensive ones, that's when the 10% discount really comes into it's own.

The online mag is good as a reference for card folds or certain techniques you've seen but can't quite manage/fathom them out on your own....the videos are very good and comprehensive and most importantly, no interuptions from scrounging emailers :mysmilie_17:

Imo, although I don't look at the mag all that often it is worth the £10.00...saying that, I got mine when it was free!

I also think so.

Hello, Kitten :mysmilie_348:

The membership is worth it if you buy alot of items, especially the more expensive ones, that's when the 10% discount really comes into it's own.

The online mag is good as a reference for card folds or certain techniques you've seen but can't quite manage/fathom them out on your own....the videos are very good and comprehensive and most importantly, no interuptions from scrounging emailers :mysmilie_17:

Imo, although I don't look at the mag all that often it is worth the £10.00...saying that, I got mine when it was free!
I've been a member for 2 or 3 years and have saved quite a lot, one way and another. However, I always check elsewhere before committing myself as you can often buy the same thing from the producer's own website. For example, Rob Addams' CDs are usually cheaper and have free P&P and I've bought the odd Debbie Moore CD direct from her cheaper than on IW. There seems to be a good range of equipment available which you get the club discount on. As for kits, you definitely need to be selective. The crafting-by-numbers ones are ok if you are a rank beginner but with some kits you can cannibalise them and use your own creativity. As you no doubt know, Kitten, I can't get as agitated about die cut decoupage as our colleagues elsewhere get but have to say that not all of it is of very good quality or production. As I say, you have to be selective.

I preferred it when the "magazine" was on CD and included in the membership price rather than on the web-site and the new paper "comic" is a complete waste of time.

Latest posts

Back